“Needs update”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #258 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

The best is its location. Very near to the Central Park, MOMA, etc.

Rooms need desperately an update. We stayed at a junior suite, very spacious but the carpets are scary (why hotels do not decide to have wooden floors?) and room full of dust. If you are allergic to dust look for a different hotel.

Bathroom is updated and clean.

The Pool area has a breathtaking view but We did not take the risk to swim in it. The smell of chlorine is almost toxic.

The joint burger is great.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Francisco S
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Francisco S,

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry that you were not happy with your room. Your comment about the carpet and the room being dusty surprises me as we hold ourselves to the highest standards when it comes to cleanliness. I certainly hope you brought your concerns to our attention while you were here so that we could take steps to make you more comfortable. I'm also sorry that you found the chlorine smell of the pool off-putting; the pool is chlorinated for the safety of our guests and is checked and adjusted on an hourly basis. Thanks again for your feedback. We hope to see you here in New York again sometime soon.

Director of Guest Communciations

There are newer reviews for Le Parker Meridien New York

Reviewed 21 August 2014

If you need a central located hotel on your business trip this is a perfect choice. This is a business hotel so if you are looking for a cozy love weekend hotel you will get disappointed.
The hotel has everything in a good way but they lack charm.
The rooms are very silent so you will have a nice sleep even though the New York traffic is right outside.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Andrew18985,

Thanks for your review. I'm very glad to read that you had a peaceful and restful stay. While we have everything the business traveler needs, we also have plenty to offer to families and couples looking for a weekend getaway. Next time you're here be sure to take a dip in our rooftop pool overlooking Central Park and you'll see what we mean!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I've been staying at the ParkerMeridien for over ten years. It's my go to hotel in NYC. The rooms and suites are very stylish, spacious and uber chic. I love the location, it feels like a neighborhood vs a Time Square tourist trap. Lots of nice restaurants and shopping in walking distance. The on-site spa MoonShine was sooo accommodating on one of my stays with the best massage ever.

Room Tip: The Tower rooms have GREAT views of Central Park
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear JRR-PA,

Thanks so much for your nice review. We're so happy that you've made us your "home away from home" and sincerely appreciate your continuing loyalty and patronage. Isn't Moonshine great? It's hard to believe you're still in New York when you're there!
We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please feel free to contact me if there's anything you need.

Director of Guest Commuincations
guestrelations@parkermeridien.com

Reviewed 21 August 2014

great location, great amenities...the pool overlooking Central Park and the gravity gym were highlights...also enjoyed having cappuccino in the coffee lounge and burgers at burger joint....would definitely stay again and would recommend to our friends...

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear travelling-menagerie,

Thanks very much for your nice review. I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us! Knave, our espresso bar, also serves expertly crafted cocktails and small bites that you should try next time you're here. Don't be a stranger!

Overall, my stay at Le Parker was great...here are my 2 cents:

CHECK-IN: This was quick and easy. The staff members were very nice. I also got to have a late check out time which was wonderful since my train left in the late afternoon.

JR SUITE: The suite is quite roomy for my family of 4. I don't know how big regular rooms are - but the Jr Suite was great...essentially, it's like 2 rooms - and by NY standards - huge. Of course it was a bit pricier, but couldn't find a hotel w. similar amenities w. this size rooms for the same price.

DECOR: I agree the hotel rooms could use a little updating. However, they are not that tired--yet. The lobby is beautiful w. marble floors although not your 'standard' lobby with a grand central area.

FOOD/DRINKS: We ate at the Burger Joint which was tasty (there was no line b/c we ate early evening) and had drinks at the Knave. The burgers and fries were cheap @ the Burger Joint and the drinks expensive @ the Knave. However, it's NYC...loved the ambiance @ the Knave. I didn't have coffee in the morning, we opted for smoothies nearby instead--but I'd try it out if I wanted a nice cappuccino in a cushy sofa and cozy setting.

LOCATION: The location is excellent...just a few blocks from Central park, Time Square, museums, and lots of shopping. There are also many good restaurants in all price ranges very close, too. Across the street (and on nearly every block in NYC) is a Starbucks and a Chopt salad place.

AMENITIES: We did make use of the pool - it was highly chlorinated - but we have a salt water pool at home so we're sensitive to "public" pools. The view is beautiful at the top, though...well worth a trip even if you don't take advantage of the pool! There's a barber shop if you need a haircut. Our room had a big tv that swiveled either towards the king bed or sitting area/sofa bed area. The fridge is stocked full of alcohol. I wish hotels would quit this--I'd much rather have a fridge for a small yogurt and/or cold waters that I bought. The bathroom is a good size--note that our Jr Suite only had a shower--perfect for my family, but perhaps not so for those with small children who like to bathe in a tub. The king bed was very comfy--can't say that was the case for the sofa bed, but I've never seen a comfy sofa bed in a hotel! Our room was quiet as well.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely - and we will be in a few months to see family again who live in the Upper West side. The only other hotel that I think we might switch to is the Quin Hotel- but there's no pool and for the same price can only get a room w. 2 queen beds...

Room Tip: Tower rooms cost more - but you can enjoy their view by going to rooftop of pool instead....we were...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear nbm5b,

Thank you so much for your very in-depth and thoughtful review! I'm so glad that we were a good fit for you and your family. Like you mentioned, our Jr. Suites really are a great option for families and while most of them have large walk-in showers, we also have several with shower/bathtub combos for guests that prefer to take baths. As we don't have very many of them, guests who'd like one should contact us before they arrive so we can set one aside for them. Our Jr. Suites have a fully stocked minibar as you noted, but we also have small refrigerators (and microwaves) that we can place in guest rooms upon request for personal items. Just let us know! You should definitely try out the coffee in Knave next time you're here. Also, if you're a smoothie fan, there's a great juice bar called Le Petit Bluedog Cafe in The Underground (near Gravity) that serves amazing smoothies that are much healthier than the ones you'll find at the big chain place on the corner.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

guestrelations@parkermeridien.com

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We love everything about this place. From the unmatched view from the roof, to the pool, the location, and ofcourse the burger joint, this place has now been the hotel we stay at in nyc for 5 straight summers!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear jRa623,

Thanks very much for the nice review. I'm thrilled that you've chosen to stay with us the past five summers! We appreciate your loyalty. See you next year for summer number six!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

There are some amazing people who work at this hotel. Several hours after we checked out last week-end my daughter realized her wallet was still in the room safe. That's enough to create a crisis but we left the safe open after what we thought was carefully checking the room. Trying to control the panic in my voice I called the hotel, asked for security, explained the situation to the security officer and held my breath, preparing for the worst. To my surprise the security officer said the wallet had been turned in, provided the 'log number' and instructions to retrieve the wallet. Hotel security also sent me an email prior to my call saying they had my daughter's wallet and asking that I call.
The wallet was returned intact. Wow!
I assume the Housekeeper Angel found the wallet and called security. I don't have the name of the Housekeeper Angel who found the wallet, the security officer who I spoke with or anyone else involved but I do want to express my sincere appreciation to everyone involved. Thank you so very much.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family