“In need of a makeover”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #260 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 August 2014

First of all, I've stayed in this hotel for about 15 years. 15 years ago, I loved how modern the hotel was; Le Parker Meridien was like no other in years past. Fast forward 15 years later, the hotel looks EXACTLY the same; it is no longer a cutting edge modern hotel. I really wish that this hotel could reinvent itself into a new, modern, cutting edge hotel. Not only has the design of the hotel and the rooms stayed the same, the rugs and furniture desperately need to be thrown out and replaced. Paint is chipped, drapes are old and smelly, alarm clock is dated, etc. I gave this hotel one more chance to get it together. The last time I stayed here, the room looked more like a hostel than a luxury hotel room. When I brought my concerns to hotel management, I was offered an upgrade on the next room that I booked. Management did make good on this offer and the room was better than the last one. However, the same issues exist. This hotel has lost its' edge and I can't think of any reasons why I would return to this particular hotel when so many choices exist. The icing on the cake was when a cockroach pranced across the white marble floor right after I checked in yesterday. I do want to thank Juan for his help with reservations at Norma's (breakfast was delicious today) and Srdan Jovanovich for making good on the offer for an upgraded room. Until Le Parker Meridien makes a serious overhaul in terms of upgrades and modernizing, I don't see any reason to stay at this particular hotel again.

1  Thank DocMulf
Write a ReviewReviews (5,655)

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Excellent location and .....nothing else. Overpriced Average rooms, small bathrooms, slow elevators, sloppy costumer service. Don't book on lower floors because rooms are to dark,and if you want to go to pool you need to use two elevators. On the 22 floor there is no sing , no information, where to go if you want to use pool on 42 floor. Very confusing.

Room Tip: Higher floors for more light and view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beata K
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Beata K,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm sorry to read that you weren't a fan of the hotel. We have a wide variety of rooms at many different price points, so you have plenty of choices when it comes to picking a room that suits your needs. I'm sorry that you found getting to the pool confusing. To get our guests to their rooms as fast as possible, we have two banks of elevators: one for the lower half of the building and another for upper half. Getting to the pool from the lower half of the building is easy; guests just need to switch from one bank of elevators to the other at either the lobby level or the 22nd floor. We genuinely appreciate your feedback and hope that you'll consider staying with us again sometime in the future.

Director of Guest Communications

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I had an okay stay at the Parker Meridien. The hotel is very hip, but things rather bare bones. One thing I always really appreciate is coffee and tea in the room. Not at this hotel, over 350 dollar per night and not even a free coffee of bottled water?

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DutchcanuckVancouver
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Tower rooms are full of light, sleekly decorated, and kept impeccably. Although our first room was a bit noisy (connecting room, which connected to a stranger) the hotel moved us within minutes of our call. The next room was larger and on even a higher floor (38). The view of Central Park and the roof top gardens was fabulous. The staff was very personable and helpful. The pool was a plus. We would definitely stay again, without question. Best hotel we've stayed at in Manhattan.

Room Tip: Choose a tower room on a high floor
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Le Parker Meridien is in a great location, a few blocks from Central Park. Our room was on a high floor with gorgeous views of the park. However, the beds and pillows were so old and uncomfortable, we ended up being exhausted from a few nights of bad sleep. If you are someone for whom sleep and bed comfort is important, I would suggest staying at the Westin. We won't be returning specifically because of the bed situation.

1  Thank Fiona C
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

The best is its location. Very near to the Central Park, MOMA, etc.

Rooms need desperately an update. We stayed at a junior suite, very spacious but the carpets are scary (why hotels do not decide to have wooden floors?) and room full of dust. If you are allergic to dust look for a different hotel.

Bathroom is updated and clean.

The Pool area has a breathtaking view but We did not take the risk to swim in it. The smell of chlorine is almost toxic.

The joint burger is great.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Francisco S
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Francisco S,

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry that you were not happy with your room. Your comment about the carpet and the room being dusty surprises me as we hold ourselves to the highest standards when it comes to cleanliness. I certainly hope you brought your concerns to our attention while you were here so that we could take steps to make you more comfortable. I'm also sorry that you found the chlorine smell of the pool off-putting; the pool is chlorinated for the safety of our guests and is checked and adjusted on an hourly basis. Thanks again for your feedback. We hope to see you here in New York again sometime soon.

Director of Guest Communciations

Reviewed 21 August 2014

If you need a central located hotel on your business trip this is a perfect choice. This is a business hotel so if you are looking for a cozy love weekend hotel you will get disappointed.
The hotel has everything in a good way but they lack charm.
The rooms are very silent so you will have a nice sleep even though the New York traffic is right outside.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Andrew18985,

Thanks for your review. I'm very glad to read that you had a peaceful and restful stay. While we have everything the business traveler needs, we also have plenty to offer to families and couples looking for a weekend getaway. Next time you're here be sure to take a dip in our rooftop pool overlooking Central Park and you'll see what we mean!

Director of Guest Communications