“Great hotel if you get it on sale, not worth $400/nt though.”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #253 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, ON
“Great hotel if you get it on sale, not worth $400/nt though.”
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I stayed at Le Parker Meridien for one night in September. I loved the location, midtown is great. Within walking distance to broadway and central park but far enough from times square to get some quiet. It is a very nice hotel and modern. However, the bed in our room was basically a king-sized futon... or so it felt like one. I did look and it was a mattress on a platform but very hard. It was not a comfortable sleep and since that's all I do in an NYC hotel room that was the only negative. I'm glad I got it on sale through priceline for $150US for the night or else I would have been disappointed. Overall, great hotel but I don't think it was $400 good.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ontariogirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 September 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights free, using Starpoints. This was our first time staying at a Meridien.

The lobby is nicely decorated and clean. There is also a small indoor pool and a large gym. The gym costs $10 a day and has racquetball and a dry sauna, in addition to a lot of equipment. There are three restaurants. There is valet parking, but we self-parked in the same garage (still valet) with a $30 a day parking coupon. The business center is small and really expensive.

Check in was easy and we were pleased to get an upgraded room with a Central Park view, even though we did not pay anything for our stay. The elevators were a little slow to arrive. The decor in the rooms and hallways is modern. Our room was large by NYC standards and light-filled. The bed was really comfortable. The room was quiet. There were two small closets, a safe, and two desk areas -- perfect for business travel. There was a large TV with DVD and VCR. The bathroom was clean and had Peter Thomas Roth toiletries. Maid service was pretty good, but our washcloths weren't replenished. There is no coffee pot, but there is a Starbucks directly across the street. There is a minibar that can't be used to store food, as it apparently contained sensors inside it that would charge you if anything was moved.

Checkout and luggage storage were easy. They were fully booked and could not offer us late checkout.

The location was pretty good and within walking distance to many attractions and good restaurants. It's also less than a block away from two subway stations.

All in all, we were pleased with our stay and would stay here again.

Washington, DC/Northern VA
Reviewed 22 September 2009

I don't usually end up north of 50th or so in New York, but this hotel location was well worth the couple extra blocks. The location is quiet and convenient, with a subway stop just at the corner, plenty of shops for a quick bite, and a starbucks directly across from the front hotel entrance.

We got a really good deal on the rooms, which were functional and minimalist; our main goal wasn't to spend a lot of time in the hotel, anyway, so I wasn't really that picky. A coffee machine in the room would have been nice for coffee/tea.

Our rooms were on the 9th floor, and though we were close to the elevators, it was very quiet.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 September 2009

The lobby of this hotel is gorgeous; even if you're not staying here its worth a trip to see and also stop into the Burger Joint. Just look for the neon burger sign hidden in the lobby and you'll be in hamburger heaven in no time.

As for the hotel, it was ok. The rooms were modern and a good size by NYC standards. The service was lacking, especially for an SPG Platinum member and a far cry from the top notch service at other Le Meridien properties. Having to wait for a non-smoking room that isn't an upgrade isn't a good sign. The fact that they even offered a smoking room was a troubling sign.

Recessions in Manhattan don't happen when a hotel like this can charge $400 mid-week.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Livermore, California
Reviewed 17 September 2009

This hotel is top notch. The bar is beautiful and a great place to relax with a drink at the end of the night or gear up for a night on the town. The burger place really does have the best burgers. The room was clean and the bed was extra comfy. The staff was courteous and professional. The location couldn't be better!! I travel to New York a few times a year and I don't think I can ever stay anywhere else again. The other hotels I've stayed at don't even compare!!

Whitstable
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I've stayed here many times and would do again.

There have been quirks, but on the whole, nothing that wasn't sorted promptly.

Yes, the TVs are a bit big and old and I've had problems with the Wi-Fi, but nothing that would stop me returning.

The big downside is that it's expensive and possibly not worth the cost, but for location in Midtown it's hard to beat.

And the Burger Joint is great.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 September 2009

Check in was very easy and well organized. The front desk attendant that checked us in was very pleasant, giving us a very good first impression.
We had arrived quite early and were meeting friends at central park; the room wasn't yet available and they allowed us to leave our bags with a very easy claim-ticket valet style service.
Upon our return to the hotel we found a quite spacious room with a comfortable king-sized bed. This hotel was the first I've stayed at to have no problem accomodating my request to remove all down products from the room as I am allergic to feathers. The down pillows and blankets were replaced with synthetics as requested prior to my arrival .
The bathroom was clean and had a single vanity with a bathtub and shower with a standard white shower curtain. My only complaint about the bathroom was that both the sink and shower drained very very slowly.
We didn't spend much time in the room, but when we did turn on the TV found that there was nothing but static. The few channels that came through were barely viewable on the cumbersome outdated TV.
We spent the afternoon and early evening enjoying cocktails in the hotel lounge, Nave, which was beautifully decorated,comfortable, and offered delicious cocktails. The service was great. Though they were quite pricy, it wasn't surprising for the area or for a hotel lounge.
The location of the hotel was great. No complaints; walkable distance to Central Park and a stroll to Times Square, very close to the subway, and taxis aplenty.
My only true complaint is that maid service rang our doorbell twice at 9:30am on the day of our departure, while I still asleep. Before I could figure out that our room even had a doorbell or why it was ringing, they came barging in. Though I had been out late the previous night and neglected to put the "Do not disturb" sign out on the door, I would expect that a higher end hotel such as this wouldn't have the problem of the maid service coming in far before check out time.
I had lost our receipts for our travels back and had to use the Business Center. It cost me almost $20 to use the internet for less than 5 minutes and print out one page. It was my own fault that I had to do so, but a very expensive service.
All-in-all a good hotel that I would recommend and return to.