“Le Parker Meridien=Family Hotel”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #257 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 24 December 2009

The hotel is definitely more of a family oriented hotel, very child friendly. It is NOT for the young, hip & trendy single person or romantic couple, nor for the business person. The only reason why I say this is because there are children who runs up & down the halls, & one can hear them jumping up & down on the beds next door in the early am. There are many problems with their bathrooms in several of their rooms. For instance, the bathroom's fans don't work, hardly any water pressure in both shower & sink, toilets doesn't flush properly, water doesn't drain in the sinks. But other than the above, the hotel is very modern, the staff are both helpful & kind. The rooms are not only clean, but large for a NYC hotel. The location's PHENOMENAL! You're only 2 blocks from 5th Ave near Bergdorf's, & 2 blocks from beginning of Central Park. It was definitely worth the amount we paid ($250), not the amount they normally asks for ($500).

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank pearlw531
There are newer reviews for Le Parker Meridien New York

Reviewed 24 December 2009

I travel frequently and am APPALLED at the service of this hotel!! First and LAST stay!

The front desk guys were incompetent, unfriendly and out right rude.

It is NOT worth the money, stay anywhere is better. The rooms are dirty, dark and feels like a holiday Inn! the worst part is you have to pay for the use of the gym! and BEWARE they will try and double if not triple charge you!!! the front desk had me waiting 15mins to discuss 2 gym charges on the same day! they insisted I took a guest in with me! I was ALONE. After calling the gym and giving some lame excuse for the double charge, they finally took the 10 dollars off my bill. BUT.. upon getting my credit card bill, a separate 10 dollar charge was added the day AFTER I checked out!! Unbelievable.. how do they run a business!!

This is the worst hotel expereince I have ever had!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank MM2boots
Reviewed 21 December 2009

I stayed overnight (even though I live just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan) at this hotel due to two days of packed business appointments.. Over the years I've stayed at the Parker Meridien many times. This was my only less than good experience there. The check-in was impersonal and rude (the woman didn't even look up from her computer as she checked me in). I did ask to speak to the manager who, although nice, seemed a bit overwhelmed (busy time). The first room I checked into had a malfunctioning shade and other problems. I asked to be moved to another room (I called the manager); this was accomplished in a fairly prompt manner. The new room -- on a higher floor was fine. The rooms themselves are large but ever-so-slightly run down. The sparse decor (it's always been this way) is either functional or cold depending on your point of view. Suffice to say if you are looking for a cozy hotel room this isn't it. Nor is there any personal service in this hotel -- not even a "welcome back" or "hello" upon entering the hotel lobby. In fact, it reminds me of a your typical (traveler) chain hotel with a much higher price tag. Of course, the location is terrific -- midtown Manhattan -- and that goes a long way.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank DeborahPub
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Hi - We stayed at the Parker Meridien and I was not impressed. I know that rooms in the city tend to be on the smaller size so that didn't bother me much. The staff was very efficient as the check in and check out went well. The parking was great. But the room had mold on the ceiling of the bathroom. And the staff rang the doorbell to our room at 12:00 am and again at 9:00 am. First to offer us towels we didn't request and then to do a room check even though we asked for a late checkout. For the amount of money we paid for the room, I wouldn't stay there again.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2009

After two disappointing nights at another Manhattan hotel, we checked in to the Le Parker Meridien hoping for a better experience - and, thankfully, the Parker delivered!

From the moment we walked in the door, the hotel staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Although we arrived at the hotel during the Friday afternoon rush, check-in was quick and efficient and we were on our way to our room within ten minutes. Once in the room, we were very pleased to find it well appointed and spotless with an extremely comfortable bed and sweeping views of Central Park. Throughout our stay, all service requests were handled promptly and the staff seemed genuinely happy to be there. The hotel location proved to be a great jumping-off point for our activities with easy access to multiple subway lines and many attractions within easy walking distance.

We highly recommend this hotel and look forward to our next stay at the Le Parker Meridien!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MercerMan
Reviewed 13 December 2009

We arrived at noon and they had a room room availale. After being brought to the room we discovered that it was last used by a heavy smoker . The staff was very friendly and suggested we try for another room (not the perverbial "oh it doesn;t smell that bad". They immediatley worked to get us another room and all was well. My family found the staff eceptionally friendly and considerate. The only knock would be the high prices foe the coffee / bar off of the lobby. A very special weekend made wonderful by the staff.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2009

We travelled with our four children and this hotel pleased everyone. The staff is efficient, the rooms are very good with great views of the park, the indoor swimming pool is just amazing and the location excellent. They give a colouring pack to the kids at check-in which is a nice touch. If we go back to NYC we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family