“Bed & Breakfast”

Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
Ranked #324 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Bed & Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

If you purchase the bed and breakfast, beware…you can't use it for room service. Not good if you're trying to relax while on vacation. I stayed on the 17th floor with a wonderful view of the bathrooms in the building next door.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nadria B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
791tawanaw,
Thank you for the feedback on your most recent visit. We apologize for the any misunderstanding with your rate plan and the services provided. I would like an opportunity to further discuss for clarification. I can be contacted at nbuchanan@dtnewyork.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for staying with us.
Nadria Buchanan- Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Lovely hotel with friendly staff. We were kept awake by the noisy radiator on our first night and complained the next morning. They changed our room and gave us a free breakfast without any fuss. The bed was really comfy and the hotel is in a good location. Would recommend

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lou204
Nadria B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Lou204,
I am very happy that you loved our hotel and the friendliness of the staff. I do apologize that you were not able to sleep on your first night, but I am happy that the staff was prompt in responding to your needs. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to see you for future visits.
Caerphilly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel was a very good choice for our 4 night stay in New York. We arrived in the afternoon and were greeted by the receptionist who although we found to be slightly abrupt was very informative. We had booked a Queen room but were surprised to see that we had been upgraded to a King room which was very comfortable and spacious. Everything in the room was lovely, the bed was very comfortable and all was well in the bathroom. The room boasted a large flat screen tv and was very warm. There is a nice bar and lounge on the ground floor which was however quite expensive. We did not use the restaurant as this also was quite expensive and there was lots of places locally which served good breakfasts etc at a much more reasonable price.

The hotel is situated on Lexington avenue 51st East and this is just a 10 minute walk away from all major sights like the Rockerfella centre and Central Park. Times Square is also within walking distance of about 20 minutes.

Room Tip: Go for a queen room as these were not much different is size to a king and you may be lucky and get...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TravellerCaerphilly,
Thank you for the great review on our hotel. We hope that we will see you for many more stays so we are able to surpass your expectation of service. Thank you for staying with us.
New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Having stayed at the Hilton Tropicana in Las Vegas which was great, we were shocked to find the quality of the accommodation at the Comfort Inn in New York where we were originally scheduled to stay. We moved to the Doubletree after a few hours and our holiday was back on track. The hotel was great and the staff fantastic.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nadria B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Neal M,
Thank you for the wonderful review! I am very happy that were able to accommodate you and help put your holiday back on track. We hope to see you for many more visits. I will certainly share this feedback with my team.
Margate, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We arrived at this hotel around 3pm check in time. we waited 1 1/2 hours to get to our room. Many of our fans had been waiting hours. the room was totally overpriced. they said they had done renovations over the last year. It must have been a dump before this as it is not that nice. Their was not a coffee pot in the room. getting back late after the game they told us we would have to go to the street corner to get coffee as you can not get it anywhere around their after midnight. Of course no fridge in our room. the bar charged $10 bottle of beer(okay probably normal in NY) My glass of coke at bar was 4.35. The doorman was wet from all the rain and said he was going inside to warm up and dry off and their was 7 diff party trying to get a cab. overall I would NOT recommend this hotel. Overpriced for what you get even in NY

2 Thank Willis55
Nadria B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Willis55,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and apologize you were disappointed in your visit. We will use your comments as part of our ongoing guest service training as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed your expectations. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction. Thank you for staying with us .

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Brewster, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

we arrived on feb 28th for a 2 day stay, I booked my reservation with groupon, went to check in and gave my conformation sheet to the young lady at the desk, she asked me for Id which I provided and them said she needed a manager who's name I did not get, she came and asked me my name and I said Lisa, so she said your license says Elizabeth, I proceeded to tell her that is my name but my nickname is Lisa and that is how I booked the room, she then told me she could not check me in and that I needed leave things got a little loud, I asked for another manger a man came over and asked me for other Id that had my address as well as the name Lisa on it which I provided, I as then given my room, this young man Robert sierra whom is a bell man there was trying to help the situation out and came over to us and said don't worry we will get this fixed he made sure the other manger came out to fix this which in the woman manger insisted I leave the hotel , if it was not for this man Robert we would have had a bad situation here that the manger could not handle, Robert went above and beyond the rest of the 2 days to make sure our stay was good every time we came back into or left the hotel during our stay he was sure to come over and say hi and asked if we needed anything, we would return to this hotel because of the way Robert cared about the guest at this hotel

Room Tip: nice rooms updated and clean nice stay
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lisa s
Lisa S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and sincerely apologize for the mismanagement of the situation. I am happy that Robert was able to assist you with your check in experience and make things better. I have shared your experience with the rest of my team so that we can further review. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you for future visits so that we can better serve you.
Canton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

My son and I came to NYC for one last mini vacation before he graduates high school and has to be a grown up. This was the 2nd hotel I booked because the first one had terrible customer reviews with bugs, mold, and smell. The reviews on this hotel were pretty good and it said there was a metro entrance right there. That was important to me because I felt vulnerable with my son in a place I'd never traveled before. I have to tell you this is THE BEST place to stay if you're coming to the city! The location is excellent! We walked to Central Park, Times Square and 5th Avenue. We even could have walked to Rockefeller Center if we went there! The people were friendly, everyone I asked directions from were so helpful and nice! There is a "deli" right outside the doors that offers a great selection of foods that we ate at a couple of times for great wraps and sandwiches. The room was recently remodeled and it felt so welcoming to come back to after a day and night of being out. Comfy beds, great water pressure, nice hot water. There's nothing I can say bad about this place. Like I said before, if you're going to come to New York, this is THE place to stay! On a side note, I'm a pretty frugal person and hated paying this much for a room ($265) but it really was worth it to me!

Jenny B,
I am thrilled to hear of your NYC experience with your son. It brings great pleasure to know that we were able to add value to that experience. We pride in the convenience of our location and are glad to hear that it was perfect to your travelling needs. Thank you for the awesome review and we look forward to see you for many more visits.