“Good experience good hotel”

Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
Ranked #329 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Houston, United States
“Good experience good hotel”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel on groupon so I was concerned from the start. I called a head of time to ask a few questions and the staff gave very political answers. I asked the staff how was the hotel and if they would stay there.

My impression: the hotel is nice and clean. The staff has been warm and friendly. I can tell that this hotel has had a facelift and not been fully remodeled. For example, some of the siding in the room looks like it's been painted over a few times and wallpaper has been put up in the bathroom over hinges and mold has formed. It's nothing that some bleach can't kill so don't be alarmed. I let the staff know and they took care of it right away. On a scale of 1 to 10 the hotel gets and 8. I'd stay again because its reasonable and close to everything (grand central, time square, and shopping). I was suppose to have a queen room and I got two doubles and I was put on a low floor so I looked at the room.

Stayed April 2014
Nadria B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Byron H,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I am happy to know that the staff was prompt in responding to your concerns. We hope to see you for many more visits.
Nadria Buchanan- Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We fell for a Hilton Grand Vacation preview and stayed here. The hotel was nice, room was clean, beds were comfy and shower was great. I REALLY missed having a coffeepot and having a room on a Hilton honors floor meant nothing. We usually go to NYC for the day so it was nice to spend the night, but I doubt we will stay here again unless we hit it with a priceline deal. Location is very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view room. Ours was pretty bad in 1229 where we lookied over another building and...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Toobusytoday,
Thank you for the feedback. We apologize that we were unable to provide a coffee maker in your room. We will keep your comments in mind for the improvement of our services.
New York, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014

no coffee machine nor kettle in the room, and have to pay for internet access. Bed was too soft. Not enough staff at reception, leading to long queues, and they keep turning off some of the lifts so have to wait a long time

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Simon L,
Thank you for the feedback on your most recent stay. We apologize that you were unhappy because we were unable to provide a coffee maker in your room. We will keep your comments in mind for the improvement of service for our guests. Thank you for staying with us.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The location is great and the pricing was great this stay, but the hotel let me down in very easy areas. First, only 1 of the 3 treadmills in the gym worked well. The other was broken and the third was a bit wobbly, which made a quick pace while running a bit challenging, and had TV issues. Second, my room was freezing and I was told that it was because it was warmer outside - it was 45 degrees when I went into the hotel both nights. On my final night, my room eventually warmed up a bit. Third, I was told my complementary waters would be in the room when I checked in. They weren't. I asked twice to have them put in the room. That didn't happen. On my final night I got my waters. Fourth, the doors in the hallway do slam loudly and can wake you up. As far as the continental breakfast - it's par for the course with most NYC hotels, but that's not saying much. All in, the redone rooms are nice, the location is great, the pricing is good, but it's the little things that make or break a business stay for me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CLEShawn,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our amenities, service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward. We strive to provide the best in value and accommodations, and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Ft. lauderdale, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This was the worst experience I have had at a Double Tree. While the staff was friendly and the bed very comfortable, the internet did not work, there was no coffee maker in-room, the AC did not work, it was extremely noisy and I had to wait a long time for a bellman to get6 my luggage, even though I had a car waiting. I will still use Doubletree, but this was not up to par.

Richard BB,
I sincerely apologize that you were disappointed in the amenity and services provided at our hotel. Please be assured that we have heard your concerns and will keep them in mind as we continually try to improve the service we provide for our guests. Thank you for staying with us and I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us again so that we can better serve you.

Chesapeake, VA, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a cousins reunion of 10 girls. We were able to walk to all that we wanted to do, it's short cab ride or subway to absolutely anything the city has to offer. Very clean and large rooms, would surely stay here again and plan to return with the same group next year. Nice bar and gift shop, did not eat at restaurant so cannot say anything about it. Staff was helpful, friendly and took care of all our needs without question.

Lynn H,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very pleased you had a lovely stay with us and hope to see you for many more future visits.
Reviewed 3 April 2014

If you purchase the bed and breakfast, beware…you can't use it for room service. Not good if you're trying to relax while on vacation. I stayed on the 17th floor with a wonderful view of the bathrooms in the building next door.

791tawanaw,
Thank you for the feedback on your most recent visit. We apologize for the any misunderstanding with your rate plan and the services provided. I would like an opportunity to further discuss for clarification. I can be contacted at nbuchanan@dtnewyork.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for staying with us.