DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
US$503
US$365
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$274
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$228
  • Restaurant
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$220
US$190
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$492
US$276
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$187
US$157
  • Room Service
5,296 results
All reviewsdouble treegreat locationnew yorkwarm cookieslexington avenuesubway stationrockefeller centercentral parktimes squareking roomaround the cornerstreet noisefew blocksbolivarlobbynycbellman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great check-in experience. Apparently, I had made a reservation for the wrong type of room. no problem I was upgraded for free. The person at the check-in was extremely friendly and helpful. Room was clean and larger than I expected from a NYC hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Nadria B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

560Mike,
Thank you for the amazing review on your most recent stay with us. I am happy that we were able to accommodate your request. I will certainly share your kind comments with my front desk team. We hope to see you the next time you are in the Big Apple!

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Doubletree Metropolitan on Thursday night 5/1 and, we had a very nice time. After purchasing a Groupon to pay for the room I was a little worried about the room we would get and the treatment we would receive from the staff. All my fears were for nothing because the check in was very smooth and our King room on the 4th floor was very nice. The room had a very modern look and it was clean. There was a European boutique hotel feel to it not like your typical big chain hotel room. The Icon parking garage next door was very convenient too with direct access to the hotel. We also had a Groupon for the parking garage and paid 24.95 for 24 hours as compared to the $47 normally charged to your room.
My only problem with the hotel was no coffee maker in the room or bottled water. The Metro Cafe just outside the hotel had great coffee and sandwiches if you don't want to spend $17 for coffee and a Danish in your room.
Over all it was a very nice stay and I would definitely recommend the Doubletree if you are visiting NYC!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Speedrack101
Nadria B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Speedrack101,
I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was a good experience. We are thankful for your recommendation and hope that we will see you for future stays.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

overcrowded common areas. Inadequate climate controls in room. Room well appointed, clean. Staff attentative and easy to find. Location primo - 25 steps away from subway entrance and taxis readily available. Easy walking distance to many Manhattan sites.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nadria B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Edward M,
I am happy to hear that in spite of the shortcomings, you still found the hotel to be very good. We will work to address the issues that you have mentioned so that we can create a better experience for our future guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The location here is great. You are walking distance to so many attractions and there are many places to eat and drink in the neighbourhood. For us, we did not find major fault with the hotel but we did not find anything so inspiring about the stay.
The room we had was ok and the housekeeping kept it very clean. We had a standard king on the 19th floor. I am not sure if this is really the standard or not? we were not told that we had been upgraded, but the room seemed fairly big. Other reviewers complain about room size, which maybe small for American standards? but was absolutely normal by European standards and much bigger than I expected for NYC. We had a king bed, separate seating area with two lounge chairs and table, along with desk and a built in chaise longue. The bathroom was a little small with a shower over bath (bath was a three quarters bath) but water pressure and temperature were fine.
If you have come to relax in the bath, then you are probably in the wrong hotel and indeed the wrong city!
It is true that there are no coffee making facilities in the rooms and no fridge/mini bar but you have two starbucks within a block. 3 minutes to the store on 50th (the closest), or north one block to 52nd. The food was ok in the Metro cafe next door to the hotel, but I personally found the coffee awful. I was at starbucks and back in under 10 minutes and there are many other cafe places in the area. Walk up lexington two blocks to the oxford cafe, good selection for breakfast and lunch.
We did not eat in the hotel. We drank in the bar and found the cocktails to be quite poor, compared to what you can find in the area.
They did charge to store bags, $1 per bag to put it in and $1 to collect it. This was fine, most major city hotels charge storage and it is only what you would have tipped anyway.
The big problem we faced was with the wifi, which constantly dropped our iPad/iphones and we had to keep selecting the network. This was not the free lobby wifi, but I am talking about the in room wifi (not free unless you are HHonors Gold/Diamond). So if wifi is critical then you may need to consider somewhere else. It kept showing signal strength as maximum, so I am unsure of the fault.
We had an efficient check in/check out and did not face any such problems with the staff that other reviewers mentioned.

OVERALL: Not an inspiring stay but in a great location. I would not push to stay here again and would maybe try another hotel in the same area, however, if this hotel had the best rates, then I would stay here. In NYC I am looking for a clean place to stay and not a luxury hotel to relax in. I rate it very good, based on location and the low room rate that we received.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor, away from the lifts. This will help reduce the noise from others coming and going. This is a busy hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

NicStiltonMassey,
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your stay. We are pleased that you loved the location of our property and its convenience. I apologize for issues you have with the internet, we ask for your patience as we work with our IT team to rectify this issue. We hope you will stay again so that we can better serve you.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stay here at least eight or nine times each year and keep expecting the place to improve but I've never had a consistently good experience. Rooms vary from quiet and well-maintained to old, noisy, and worn out. Stayed in a junior suite in January with a child, and was aghast at poor layout and noise; last few stays were in regular rooms that were better and occasionally good. Staff is generally friendly and helpful but I've seen rudeness displayed to others. It's also amazing that I can check in 2 or 3 times in a single month and the front desk clerks don't recognize me. On the other hand, the other nearby business hotels have equal experiences.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Nadria B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Traveling_Pundit,
I am happy to know that the location of our hotel has proven to be convenient to your needs. I wished that the other aspects of your stay were equally satisfying. I have shared your feedback with my management team for their review as we take our guests concerns seriously. I hope that you will return to our hotel so that we can create a better experience for you. Thank you for staying with us.