We were very disappointed with this hotel. We have found most Doubletree hotels to be clean, comfortable and to provide great service. We stayed for 5 nights at this hotel. We asked for some additional towels upon arrival and had to ask two more times before we got them (and when we did, we got a blanket instead of towels--we had to ask for TOWELS). We asked for the toilet paper holder to be fixed (it was falling apart) and the shower to be fixed (it was not draining and we were standing in our soapy/dirty water when we showered). They fixed the toilet paper holder, but it took 3 calls to the manager (and almost as many days), to get the shower fixed. We wanted to use the Internet and the code they gave us upon check in didn't work. It took an hour of talking to people on the phone, being transferred from person to person to find someone who actually knew the right code to get logged in. Our bathroom was only cleaned on the weekdays that we were here (what?!). That was ridiculous. On one of the days the bathroom was cleaned, they did not leave a bag for the ice bucket or toilet paper, and did not replenish all of the towels. There is an inch of dust on the table lamp in the room, indicating that it hasn't been dusted in a while. My husband also complained about the size of the hotel room, however, I think it's pretty much on par with most NYC hotels (postage stamp size).
The pros about this hotel is it's location. It's a 10-minute walk to Grand Central Station and a 20-minute walk to Broadway and most of the theaters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City is a modern, landmark hotel conveniently located on Lexington Avenue at 51st Street, in the heart of Midtown’s luxurious East Side. The contemporary hotel recently completed a $25 million dollar revitalization project which included all-new guestrooms, suites and meeting space. With it’s ideal Midtown location, the hotel is steps from fashionable Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Bloomingdales, the United Nations and many upscale boutiques. Times Square, Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and The Museum of Modern Art are all within walking distance. Grand Central Terminal and all major subway lines are just a few blocks from the hotel. Penn Station/Madison Square Garden and Port Authority Bus Terminal are accessible via quick taxi ride and the hotel is convenient to all (3) area airports. Each of the hotel’s 764 brand-new guestrooms (including 22 suites) features all-new carpeting, furniture and wall treatments plus brand-new bathrooms. Modern in-room amenities include high-speed Internet access, Sweet Dreams by Doubletree Sleep Experience, 37-inch flat-screen television, MP3 connectivity and brand-new work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include a newly renovated lobby with spacious seating area, trendy Met Bar lobby lounge, Met Grill (open for breakfast), complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center, complimentary 24-hour business center, Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, gift shop, salon and barber shop – all onsite. The hotel has 14,000 square feet of brand-new event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hilton Hotels Direct, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- New York City Doubletree
- Doubletree Metropolitan New York
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City