“Very good property for the budget business traveller”

Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
Ranked #328 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Navi Mumbai, India
“Very good property for the budget business traveller”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel from the Conrad - Hilton group of hotels is a very good hotel having almost all the luxuries and grandeur of its more celebrated cousins without the steep price tag. It is walk-able from all major landmarks near middle Manhattan including Grand Central Station, Times Square and Central Park.

Room Tip: Prefer the higher floors and do taste the goodies offered at the coffee shop
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Nadria B, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear SanjoyChoudhury,
Thank you for the remarkable feedback on your most recent stay. We hope to see you for many more stays.
Nadria Buchanan- Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel has a good location and is only two blocks from a subway station. There was a very large, loud party going on in the lobby during my check-in. My room smelled as if it had been used by a smoker. My upgraded tenth-floor room had no view due to a neighboring building. This property might be in need of renovation.

Dear DNApro,
We apologize that you room had remnants of smoke and the lack of view. We hope that you will stay with us again so that we can assign you a better room with a better view of the city. Thank you for staying with us.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After numerous flight cancelations I decided to spend one additional night in NYC. I did not select my original hotel because of the room and service. I decided to select this particular hotel. The hotel was trendy and upbeat. Love the room size and the bar. My only suggestion for management is to have a restaurant that's opened for dinner as well.

Dear Jackie S,
I am very happy that we were able to accommodate your last minute request and that you were very pleased with the hotel and the amenities provided. Thank you for your suggestions regarding the restaurant. I will certainly share this feedback with my team for their review.
Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed one night and the hotel and everything about it was fine and I had no problems with it except at breakfast I was seated without problems but the guests next to me...a group of 5 was sitting at a table for 2.....all I wanted to do was have breakfast but they insisted that I share my small table!.....amazing that so many people think New Yorkers are rude.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nadria B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Kenneth M,
I am happy to hear that all other aspects of your stay were fine. I do apologize for the situation that you experienced in the breakfast room and any interruption this caused for your breakfast. I hope that we will have another opportunity to cater to your needs.
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is the 2nd time I am staying at this property. I usually stay at the W a block away but couldn't get in. The rooms here are way larger than the W so if you want to do cartwheels in your room, this is the place. Overall, this product is tired with 70s carpeting and furniture in the rooms. You can tell they are trying to update things piecemeal. I can typically deal with that because I am there for a night or so and am there on business. However I checked in early just to drop my bag and head to my office. Didn't even need a room at that time. In order for me to check my bag, I had to pay $2.00. Really? $600/night, corporate client, Hilton Honors member, GUEST in the hotel and you're annoying people with a $2 bag check fee? And didn't even get my cookie.

In NY, sometimes you need to take what you can get but if you do have another option...go for it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Nadria B, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Kathleen R,
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our decor and appointment. I do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced as a result of the storage fee associated with storage. Our policies are in line with many hotels in NYC but we will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town so we may demonstrate our commitment to quality hospitality.

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Arlington, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had a room with a Queen bed. Its a small, fairly spartan room, but comfortable and clean. The accommodations are perfectly adequate if all you need is a place to sleep and shower. Good for a solo business trip, a bit cozy for a couple.

Dear Gregory B,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you for many more visits.
New York / Manhattan, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Despite being a Hilton Honors member and asking numerous times about getting on the internet with the Concierge and the Front Desk staff, I was finally told by Front Desk that I had to pay $14.95 for internet access. I have never encountered this being a Hilton Honors member, and it was very disappointing.

1 Thank Raymond M. W
Dear Raymond M W,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I do apologize for any inconvenience with the internet connection. We do offer complimentary internet to our Gold and Diamond members a benefit associated with their tier. We value our guests and will keep your thoughts in mind as we try to improve our services. We hope to see you or future visits so that we can better serve you.