“Best location?”

Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
Ranked #333 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice hotel on Lexington ave/51st. Close to Central park, hot shot shops at fifth ave and Rockfeller center. Ok rooms, little too dark for my taste. Missed fridge and shoeshine cloth. Nice and helpful employees. Had breakfast at the small breakfast bar next to the hotel just to look at the New Yorkes. Get used to wait for elevatorols that are packed. Despite the fact that I told the ladies at the front desk twice that my booking included wi-fi the bill said I had to pay for the Wifi. Was fixed by the third lady during check out. Will recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: I normally go for a street room, but with fire station across the street I will recommend to go for...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Nadria B, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Ulvifaareklaer,
Thank you for staying with us and granting us a recommendation. I do apologize for the few mishaps that you encountered in service. We do look forward to your future visits so that we can better serve you.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great hotel location in the heart of mid-town. Easy walk to Grand Central, Times Square, St Patrick Cathedral, etc. Hotel is busy with lots of people coming and going. Rooms were nice but NY City type small. Expect to pay parking rates of the city and make sure to use the valet service (way easier than self parking). Great cup of coffee and egg sandwich from a street cart just across at the north west corner of 51st and Lexington.

Dear Basin71,
We are very happy that our conveniently located property was suiting to your needs. We do hope that there will be many more visits to follow. We thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Double Tree Metropolitan for a week. We were holding a conference in the hotel, in the Penthouse.

The rooms are good size, I found the furniture in good conditions, the bed was very very comfortable and the shower great too!

The hotel has a quite well equipped gym opened 24hrs which is very convenient. Also, the bar has a nice atmosphere. There is a small business center and has a few computers and printers.

Right across from the hotel you have a Duane Reade open 24hrs which is quite convenient too.

Walking distance to 5th avenue, Times Square and a Subway station right outside (line 6). Great location!

We used the Penthouse for the 2 day conference and it was a good size room for what we needed. The best thing was the rooftop (you only have access if you are using that conference room).

We asked for a higher floor when checking in and they kindly gave us one. Which was great because we had a view of the streets. Some other rooms have windows facing a wall.

Dear CaroAidan,
We are truly delighted to know that you had a rewarding experience with us and were able to enjoy some of the beautiful sights of the city from our penthouse. We do hope that you will grant us another opportunity to cater to your conference and lodging needs. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel from the Conrad - Hilton group of hotels is a very good hotel having almost all the luxuries and grandeur of its more celebrated cousins without the steep price tag. It is walk-able from all major landmarks near middle Manhattan including Grand Central Station, Times Square and Central Park.

Room Tip: Prefer the higher floors and do taste the goodies offered at the coffee shop
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear SanjoyChoudhury,
Thank you for the remarkable feedback on your most recent stay. We hope to see you for many more stays.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel has a good location and is only two blocks from a subway station. There was a very large, loud party going on in the lobby during my check-in. My room smelled as if it had been used by a smoker. My upgraded tenth-floor room had no view due to a neighboring building. This property might be in need of renovation.

Dear DNApro,
We apologize that you room had remnants of smoke and the lack of view. We hope that you will stay with us again so that we can assign you a better room with a better view of the city. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

After numerous flight cancelations I decided to spend one additional night in NYC. I did not select my original hotel because of the room and service. I decided to select this particular hotel. The hotel was trendy and upbeat. Love the room size and the bar. My only suggestion for management is to have a restaurant that's opened for dinner as well.

Dear Jackie S,
I am very happy that we were able to accommodate your last minute request and that you were very pleased with the hotel and the amenities provided. Thank you for your suggestions regarding the restaurant. I will certainly share this feedback with my team for their review.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed one night and the hotel and everything about it was fine and I had no problems with it except at breakfast I was seated without problems but the guests next to me...a group of 5 was sitting at a table for 2.....all I wanted to do was have breakfast but they insisted that I share my small table!.....amazing that so many people think New Yorkers are rude.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nadria B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Kenneth M,
I am happy to hear that all other aspects of your stay were fine. I do apologize for the situation that you experienced in the breakfast room and any interruption this caused for your breakfast. I hope that we will have another opportunity to cater to your needs.