“Talented Staff make property home away from home”

Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
Ranked #329 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Venetia, Pennsylvania
“Talented Staff make property home away from home”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Vicki Crichton at the front desk is a difference maker. She is the main reason I return to this property every trip to NYC. Vicki has gone out of her way to make me feel welcome. For the times she is not available at the property she introduced me to Venus. On the times Vicki isn't available Venus takes good care of getting me checked in and welcomed back. I have stated at this specific property for over 8 years straight due to the excellent relationship that has been developed with Vicki.

Room Tip: Be respectful to the front desk agents and they will make sure to take good care of getting you in a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nadria B, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Rob P,
Thank you for your continued loyalty to our property and for taking the time to mention two of our outstanding employees: Vicki and Venus. I will certainly share your feedback with them as I am sure they will appreciate the kind feedback. We look forward to many more visits.
Nadria Buchanan- Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was my 6th stay at this hotel, I love the fact that while its not in the super busy Time Square area it has a very convenient location. The staff makes me feel very welcome as I have a few specific requirements considering I stay 2-3 weeks each time. Nice breakfast in the morning, good bar in the evening and 100 restaurants around it. Great gym. I also would like to thank someone in the GM's office for really helping me with my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bosair12345
Dear Bosair12345,
Thank you for the amazing feedback! I am very pleased to know that you consider our property to be your home away from home . We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to your continues visits. Should you need anything while you are here with us, please feel free to contact me directly at nbuchanan@dtnewyork.com.
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My first impression was how nice. Then I realized they charged you to even have wireless available in your room. They did provide in the lounge area...but not enough seats for everyone wanting to use it. The bar staff couldn't have been more rude. I only went to ask for a menu, because the Check in receptionist told me to. I got completely ignored...then when another person come out. He basically refused to help me. When I arrived to my room it was nice. They were in the middle of remodeling. (Can I just say how EXTREMELY nice the maid staff and maintenance crew were) The room never got cold. - I'm from the south I like it 69 when I'm indoors. Food was way over priced for quality. On a positive note...very comfortable bed. First time away from home I actually slept the first night.

Room Tip: I received a end room that was handicap access...seem to have less noice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Sear Shannon J,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very happy to hear that you found the maintenance staff and the housekeepers to be very pleasant. I do apologize for the rudeness of the bar staff. I do hope that you will stay with us again so that we can better serve you.
Arlington, VA, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We gave 2 nights in Manhattan as a graduation present. Everything was supposed to be prepaid, but when they arrived, they were told a $200 (security?) deposit was required ($50 x 2 rooms x 2 nights). This caused a lot of stress -- phone calls, emails, faxed forms with guarantees to pay, etc. Otherwise, they loved the rooms, service, location and were very happy.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Mary Jane P
Dear Mary Jane P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us . We do require a security deposit of $50 per night for any incidentals that you may incur during your stay. I apologize if this caused you any inconvenience. Thank you for staying with us.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Good, Adjustable lighting and great service good talking to the house keeping workers so it was a good experience for my first time in NYC, i spoke to someone who recommend me to this website he goes by the name of Noel, good to talk to if you are looking for conversing with someone.

Room Tip: Go Higher, The lower floors have a terrible view of a brick wall.
Dear Sparta G,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We hope to see you for many more stays.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Was so impressed with the hotel, very clean, people very nice and warm, the value of this hotel is worth it because the attention of the hotel personel was on time and with much care to please me. Many places near the hotel, it is the best hotel in New York

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nadria B, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Mercedes60763,
Thank you for the terrific review. We are very pleased that you were pleased by the attention to detail of my team. I will share your wonderful feedback with them. We hope that there will be many more visits.
Woking
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel in February last year (2013). An adequate hotel and good base for walking to nearby times square (about a 10 minute walk). It was great for what we needed it to be, just a base to explore the city. We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on that. We got a lovely warm cookie on arrival which was nice. Room was nice and clean and beds were comfortable. I would go again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear LauraTurner23,
Thank you for submitting your review! I am happy to know that your experience with us was wonderful. I hope that you will stay with us again this year and also utilize other facilities of the hotel so that you can update us on how we are doing. Thank you for staying with us.