“Good location, good hotel”

Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
Ranked #324 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Miami, Florida
“Good location, good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed from Jul 10th to the 13th and we had a good time. The hotel is in a nice location, walking distance to Central Park, Grand Central, and many other attractions. It has a train station right next door as well as a Metro Cafe where we ate our breakfast. Our room was the 1648. The room was clean and it was a good size for two people with 3 luggage. The only complaint would be that you could hear the doors slamming from the other rooms, and this could be frustrating in the morning. We got a great rate through priceline name your own price so we feel that we paid a good rate. If you are a Hilton Member make sure to use our account, it seems like they have 2 floors just for that and i am assuming that the rooms might be better.

We didn't have any issues with the elevator, and felt that it wasn't as slow as other here mentioned. We do recommend this hotel and if we find the same rate, we would gladly stay again on our next trip.

Room Tip: We have AT&T internet and we used our login account to get free wifi in the room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MingoMiami
Nadria B, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear MingoMiami,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are happy that you had a lovely stay and hope to see you for future stays.
Nadria Buchanan- Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
shreveport la
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We got in early so we had to hang out in the lobby for a while which was fine, but then the check in process was very slow and there were long lines. Not something you want to deal with when you have been traveling all day. We were in room 1001, and they upgraded us to a king bed which was nice. The room is still kind of smallish but we didn't plan to be in it much. The biggest problem we had was that they didn't clean the room every day. I really hate that, we were there for a whole week, and it cost 1700$, to me for that amount of money they can make the bed and take out the trash every day. One day they came by after diner time around 7pm to see if we needed house keeping. Very insufficient. Having a clean towel every day is something I have at home, so I expect for this much money to have that same thing. Especially when wifi and breakfast are additional charges. I probably would t stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mfrance002
Dear Mfrance002,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize for the inconvenience with your room not being serviced everyday. We thank you for informing us of this, we will certainly follow up with our housekeeping team to prevent the recurrence of this event.
Hod Ha Sharon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel through booking.com they had a nice deal that included free Wi-Fi. The room was convenient and clean. I stayed for 4 nights and was very pleased with everything.
Gym is nice and is open 24x7. The location was perfect for me as I had meetings across the street all week.
The only blemish was a corrupt doorman who didn't let my yellow taxi wait for me while I picked my suitcase on the way to the airport. (he asked the cab driver for money!)

Dear Achi_H,
Thank for the feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am happy that the convenience of our location worked out perfectly for your meeting and that you were pleased with your room. I must apologize for the experience that you had with the doorman. This is not the kind of experience that we want our valued guests to have. I will certainly conduct a further investigation into this matter. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you for future visits.
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

could not ever get the temp in the room down to a comfortable level. Staff looked at the problem and said it was operating correctly. Thermosat was hard to program, just kept reverting back to wrong setting.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nadria B, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Ken C,
I ma very sorry to hear of the hassle you experienced with the thermostat in your room. I have passed on your comment to our Engineering department about our AC units. They are currently working on how to make it easier for our guests to maneuver the thermostat. If there is anything else that we could have done to make your time with us more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know, so that we can improve upon our service for future guests. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again very soon.
Nadria Buchanan - Guest Experience Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This was a good trip for us. The kids really enjoyed it. The staff, especially Venus at the front desk and the housekeeping staff, we're VERY friendly...going out of their way to help. We've stayed in 5 star hotels and this staff ranked well with them. The rooms were average. They were clean, but showed wear. The tub in the bathroom drained extremely slow which turned a 2 minute shower into a shower/ bath. For the price and the overall experience/location, we'd stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sekou M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very happy to hear that Venus went above and beyond to assist you. Thank you for bringing this details to our attention, we will certainly use your comments to improve our services. Thank you for staying and we look forward to your next visit.
Venetia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Vicki Crichton at the front desk is a difference maker. She is the main reason I return to this property every trip to NYC. Vicki has gone out of her way to make me feel welcome. For the times she is not available at the property she introduced me to Venus. On the times Vicki isn't available Venus takes good care of getting me checked in and welcomed back. I have stated at this specific property for over 8 years straight due to the excellent relationship that has been developed with Vicki.

Room Tip: Be respectful to the front desk agents and they will make sure to take good care of getting you in a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Rob P,
Thank you for your continued loyalty to our property and for taking the time to mention two of our outstanding employees: Vicki and Venus. I will certainly share your feedback with them as I am sure they will appreciate the kind feedback. We look forward to many more visits.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was my 6th stay at this hotel, I love the fact that while its not in the super busy Time Square area it has a very convenient location. The staff makes me feel very welcome as I have a few specific requirements considering I stay 2-3 weeks each time. Nice breakfast in the morning, good bar in the evening and 100 restaurants around it. Great gym. I also would like to thank someone in the GM's office for really helping me with my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bosair12345
Dear Bosair12345,
Thank you for the amazing feedback! I am very pleased to know that you consider our property to be your home away from home . We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to your continues visits. Should you need anything while you are here with us, please feel free to contact me directly at nbuchanan@dtnewyork.com.