Was a little worried about staying here after some of the reviews i had read. We arrived at around 5pm from London and were checked in straight away by Vicki who was polite and helpful. There were no queues.The cookies were great too. Had a lovely room on the 8th floor away from the elevator so noise was not a problem. We are hilton honour members and were not allocated rooms on the designated floors. This did not bother us. The room was larger than you would get in London for the same price and housekeeping was excellent. The hotel is in a great location. You can walk to lots of places within 20 minutes and the subway is across the street and easy to use. We used the Airtrain and subway from JFK to get to the hotel with 3 large cases in tow and experienced no problems. It would be nice to have a coffee maker in the room or complimentary tea or coffee available but I had a travel kettle with me so made my own drinks by buying cups of cold milk from the metro cafe next door. Was open at 6 in the morning. Reggie the concierge out front was so helpful in arranging a taxi for us to go to La Guardia on our last day. A real credit to the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City is a modern, landmark hotel conveniently located on Lexington Avenue at 51st Street, in the heart of Midtown’s luxurious East Side. The contemporary hotel recently completed a $25 million dollar revitalization project which included all-new guestrooms, suites and meeting space. With it’s ideal Midtown location, the hotel is steps from fashionable Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Bloomingdales, the United Nations and many upscale boutiques. Times Square, Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and The Museum of Modern Art are all within walking distance. Grand Central Terminal and all major subway lines are just a few blocks from the hotel. Penn Station/Madison Square Garden and Port Authority Bus Terminal are accessible via quick taxi ride and the hotel is convenient to all (3) area airports. Each of the hotel’s 764 brand-new guestrooms (including 22 suites) features all-new carpeting, furniture and wall treatments plus brand-new bathrooms. Modern in-room amenities include high-speed Internet access, Sweet Dreams by Doubletree Sleep Experience, 37-inch flat-screen television, MP3 connectivity and brand-new work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include a newly renovated lobby with spacious seating area, trendy Met Bar lobby lounge, Met Grill (open for breakfast), complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center, complimentary 24-hour business center, Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, gift shop, salon and barber shop – all onsite. The hotel has 14,000 square feet of brand-new event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- New York City Doubletree
- Doubletree Metropolitan New York
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City