The DoubleTree Metropolitan was an easy 30 minute taxi/cab trip from JFK (recommended). The 51st E subway station was also just outside if you are adventurous enough to catch the train from the airport. Upon check-in hotel was clean and comfortable. We even received a cookie upon checking in, and free cookies were handed out in the early morning. This was a nice touch. The queen bed sized room was standard, and the bath room was large. However, the shower was designed for hobbits with the shower head fixed at hip height. While we hope that we were the exception, our room service/cleaning was really poor. Our room was often skipped, or was serviced after 5pm (after we returned from a day of sightseeing). The front-of-house hotel staff were rude and refused to add our stay to our Hilton HHonors because “we booked via a 3rd party site”. This was the first time we’ve heard this. Lastly, after checkout and settling our account, our credit card had a two extra pending authorizations that we never authorized. These were in addition to the initial authorization for incidentals upon check-in. While we would recommend this hotel, we do so purely because of the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City is a modern, landmark hotel conveniently located on Lexington Avenue at 51st Street, in the heart of Midtown’s luxurious East Side. The contemporary hotel recently completed a $25 million dollar revitalization project which included all-new guestrooms, suites and meeting space. With it’s ideal Midtown location, the hotel is steps from fashionable Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Bloomingdales, the United Nations and many upscale boutiques. Times Square, Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and The Museum of Modern Art are all within walking distance. Grand Central Terminal and all major subway lines are just a few blocks from the hotel. Penn Station/Madison Square Garden and Port Authority Bus Terminal are accessible via quick taxi ride and the hotel is convenient to all (3) area airports. Each of the hotel’s 764 brand-new guestrooms (including 22 suites) features all-new carpeting, furniture and wall treatments plus brand-new bathrooms. Modern in-room amenities include high-speed Internet access, Sweet Dreams by Doubletree Sleep Experience, 37-inch flat-screen television, MP3 connectivity and brand-new work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include a newly renovated lobby with spacious seating area, trendy Met Bar lobby lounge, Met Grill (open for breakfast), complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center, complimentary 24-hour business center, Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, gift shop, salon and barber shop – all onsite. The hotel has 14,000 square feet of brand-new event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Superbreak UK, TravelUp, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- New York City Doubletree
- Doubletree Metropolitan New York
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City