“4 DAY STAY IN NEW YORK”

Ranked #320 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Halesworth, United Kingdom
“4 DAY STAY IN NEW YORK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Quite a nice hotel, very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are very clean and serviced each day to a high standard. The location is not far from places and has a subway station next to hotel so getting around the city is easy. I would use this hotel if staying in the city again.

Room Tip: The wi-fi was quite expensive and could have been cheaper, though this was first trip to new york so...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank julian3524
Nadria B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Julian3524,
Thank you for choosing our property for your four day stay in the Big Apple. I am very thrilled to hear that you were pleased with the friendliness of the staff, the location and the service provided at our hotel. We would be truly humbled if you decided to stay with us again so that we can exceed your expectations.
Nadria Buchanan- Manager on Duty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The location of this hotel is great but it is the staff that really makes it a great spot. Stephany at the front desk helped me with a problem upon check-in on Tuesday evening. She took my concerns to management about my room rate and quickly resolved my problem. She was a true professional and always had a smile on her face. I will definitely stay at this location again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Edward K,
Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments regarding the tremendous services rendered by Stephany.I will certainly commend her for this, we are happy that you had a great experience with us and hope to see you for future visits.
Nadria Buchanan- Manager on Duty.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Pros:

Very good location. You have immediate access to the 6 train and about a block and a half to the E. Even though the hallways are very loud, you can hear just about everything the people in the rooms are saying, inside the rooms it seemed to be fairly quiet.

Cons:

Initial thought after walking to the hotel was that any of the pictures that are on the website had to be at least 10 years old. The outside of the building does not look very nice, and I was a little shocked by that.

Service here is poor, probably near the bottom of all the hotels I've stayed at. This was the first hotel that I've ever been at that I wasn't able to check in early. I'm not sure if they were completely booked but the folks at the front desk didn't provide any additional information on it. All they said was that we were there about half an hour early and check in isn't until 3, so if you come back at 3 your room will be ready. I also had a question about where the ice maker was and called three different numbers (concierge, front desk, the careline) and it took 10 minutes for someone at the front desk to answer (even when the careline care says to call anytime and we'll answer). I'm a Silver Honors member and we didn't receive our check-in goodies, and had to ask for the check-in cookie.

I realize I might be downgrading it a little too much for just poor service, but I expected a little bit more out of a "higher level" Hilton hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Frank502,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is our aim that all our guests have an amazing experience with us and it is very disappointing to hear that your experience was anything but amazing. I am truly disappointed that we failed to deliver on our service promise. It is my hope that you will reconsider staying with us again when you are in the city so that we can truly demonstrate the level of service that you have come to expect and deserve from the Hilton family.
Taunton, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Overall the hotel was fine, good location. Couldn't get change anywhere in the hotel and a tiny carton of milk was $4, not a kid friendly hotel. The price of the hotel for what you get could have been a little more reasonable. For NYC it wasn't bad but for what they offer in your rooms it could have been better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cheryl W,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your candid review. It is always good to hear new perspectives of the services and amenities we provide. I will certainly share your thoughts with the rest of my team. We hope to see you for future visits.
United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was kindly warned that my room might be noisy when I checked-in and was told I could be moved the next day. I'm normally a very sound sleeper but I was awake all night listening to a bank of 6 elevators going up and down, up and down, all night long. When I went back to the front desk the next day, I was told the hotel was full and that I had waited too long to ask to be moved and could not be moved until the next day - but that I would be "upgraded." They gave me earplugs. When a room became available two days after I first checked in, I was moved to a smaller, darker room that was missing a deadbolt/chainlock and it was the furthest room from the elevators. On top of that, the previous guest's hair accessories were found next to the bed; overall, the room wasn't as clean or nice as the other room, definitely not an upgrade except that it was quiet. The whole experience felt like a joke and not worth the price paid.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Margaret F,
I am very sorry to hear of your experience with us. We want all our guest to have a lovely experience with us and also to provide quiet, clean and comfortable accommodations. I am very disappointed that we were unable to do so.I will certainly share your concerns with the room deficiencies as it relates to cleanliness with our Director of Housekeeping for further review. I hope that you will reconsider granting us another opportunity to serve you so that we can make things right.

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Morgan Hill, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is in an exceptional location and is reasonably priced when compared to surrounding properties. The rooms are bigger and better than the room at the NY Hilton but obviously the amenaties are not as nice. The price is reasonable and service is decent, however the Wi-Fi needs some serious help but it is free and it works most of the time. Food is good and at a reasonable price, breakfast here will cost you 1/3 of what it would cost at NY Hilton.

Overall a good property and in an excellent location.

Room Tip: As is the case with all NY rooms, stay away from the rooms closest to the elevators. Generally it s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear SouthbroomNatal,
Thank you for staying with us and informing us of your satisfaction with our guest room and sizes. I am happy that your overall stay was a good experience and we hope to see you for future visits.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

During the stay refrigerator and contents taken out of room prior tactual check out of hotel. Matter settled with management and an investigation was initiated. Upon check out on 7.25, desk clerk @ 6:40 a.m. would not extend himself or assist me to print out my airport boarding pass. Kiosk was not working, and business center was locked as I had checked out and no longer had door key. Customer service was not the friendliest that I'm used to having with Hilton properties.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank roseh57
Dear Roseh57,
Thank you for submitting your experience via TripAdvisor.Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of my team and myself for the experience you had. This is not the level of service that should be exuded by our brand of hotels and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you. Thank you for staying with us.
Nadria Buchanan-Manager on Duty