Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel
US$503
US$365
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$295
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$274
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$228
  • Restaurant
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$220
US$189
  • Bar/Lounge
Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$492
US$275
  • Bar/Lounge
US$187
US$157
  • Room Service
1,969 results
All reviewsupper east sidefull kitchencentral parkjunior suitesloan ketteringsmall kitchennew yorkquiet neighborhoodour home away from homerooms are hugeliving roomgreat neighborhoodfront desk managerdefinitely stay here againfew blockshousekeeping stafflocation is excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2011

My wife and I couldn't have been happier with this place for our 10th anniversary. It's on a quieter street on the Upper East Side but still close to fun stuff. It's clean and nice, but not stuffy. Whenever we come back to New York, this is going to be our first choice.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbridgeforth
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Dear all
My stay at Affinia Gardens (from 5/3 - 5/10) was most enjoyable. I have already given recommendations to my friends in Asia. One of them Mrs Jean W. Chen will be coming in Sept. and will soon be in contact. I would like to commend excellent services of
Shefi
Pedro
Sal
Michael
Caprice
Thanks for an enjoyable stay.
Yours
Agatha & Nicole Shen

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Agatha_shen
ADMgr, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2011

Dear Agatha S,
Thank you for posting your comments so quickly after your recent stay. Most grateful for the referral and recommendations to your friends, arriving this fall to New York. Please feel free to contact me directly should she make a reservation, so we can ensure she has a great stay. On your commendation of our associates, I am very privileged to lead this fantastic and service oriented group. They work hard to ensure every guest leaves with a memorable stay.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 12 May 2011

I've been traveling frequently to NY since my daughter moved to the city and it was the first time in UES and in Affinia Gardens. We loved the hotel, my husband and I, we spent 20 nights, the room was so quiet, the bed, linen and pillows were great, we have wonderful nights of sleep! The staff is very gentle and we strongly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms that face to the back.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bia51

Dear Bia51,
Thank you for your high praise of The Affinia Gardens. We pride ourselves with providing our guests a tranquil and serene oasis, within our busy city. Our Affinia Beds are so comfortable and inviting, and I’m so glad they offered you peaceful sleep for your extended stay. Thanks for your recommendation, and we hope to have the honor of being your choice hotel when in NY.
Best regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2011

I would just like to say that my experience at the Affinia Gardens was excellent form the bellman to the roomservice!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank chica5558
Lalita111, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

Dear chica5558,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Affinia Gardens! We are so glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. That is what we strive for upon each check-in. Our staff is committed to deliver this unique, personal service that you have been experiencing when staying with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to see you soon here at the Affinia Gardens!

Reviewed 28 April 2011

Where do I begin with my stay at Affinia Gardens! I paid $349/night and I got a room/service that was worth less than $100/night. First, the location is good near Central Park and shopping. The neighborhood is quiet and near the subway. That was about the only good thing.

When I arrived to my room I saw the room was large and spacious but obviously was a little dated. Old ugly yellow-green wallpaper, dirty looking carpet that I didn't want my family walking on, no flat screen tvs. We had to search around the bedroom to even turn a light on therefore i banged my knee on the dresser. my daughter went to use the bathroom and noticed hair all over the bathroom floor and in the tub. My wife called reception and it took 30 minutes before they came to get these hairs off the floor. Mind you we just checked in and were expecting a clean room. when i called again to see if the maid is coming to the room, the girl said 'they are busy. Sometimes they take a while."

They have kitchens here and a few of our eat-ware was dirty with food particles still on the plates and forks. I was starting to wonder if this room had ever been clean except changed the bedding and towels. the hotel also charges 15 dollers for internet every day! I can get this for free at motel6. Then we stopped by the front desk to ask for restaurant suggestions and a girl there with short red hair did not seem happy that we were bothering her from whatever she was doing on the computer. The door man must have noticed so he helped us instead. What is the point of reception if they act like you are interrupting them when you come to ask a question. we also saw a fully stocked mini bar items at the front desk as my children wanted snacks for the in-room movies. So we ordered what we wanted and the man went to the back and came back and said "I'm sorry we are out of everything, they never restock here but there is a grocery store if you want to buy stuffs yourself.' then he just left.

i was NOT expecting this kind of service and dirty room for the amount of money i paid and to have my family come to new York for the first time and experience this is such a disgrace. I will not be staying at affinia again and will advise others to do the same and take your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank travelgalore23
ADMgr, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2011

Dear travelgalore23,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our service and facilities.

Your comments have certainly raised many areas of concern that need to be addressed and will inspire us to strive harder for our future guests. While this is certainly not typical of our hotel, please rest assured that we have taken serious note of your comments and we will strengthen our focus on our training in these specific areas.

Regarding your dissatisfaction with our Suite; we are please to announce that we plans to renovate most of our Suites next year including the lobby area. We are replacing new tv, carpets, radio docking stations and few other items by the end of summer this year.

I hope this experience will not alter your confidence in Affinia Gardens and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again.