I recently reserved a long stay at the Affinia Gardens post surgery. The reviews on trip advisor, coupled with my previous experience at the Affinia Dumont and the Affinia Shelbourne led me to believe that this would be an excellent choice. I called a day before my arrival for post operative appointments to try to arrange a meeting with someone to view the room options for my two week stay commencing the following week. The office manager, Deanna Merlot was rude beyond words, in spite of sending me a personal email weeks before offering to do anything she could to make my extended stay more comfortable. Clearly this is a standard email that she sends out and based on my negative experience she has no intention of living up to her offer. It was clearly too much trouble for her to meet with me or to point me in the direction of someone that could. I followed up with a call to the hotel manager Philip Garcia but was unable to reach him so I left a voicemal explaining my experience with Deanna and explaining my situation and upcoming needs. I never received a response and decided that it would be best to chose another hotel. The fact that the manager of the hotel could not be bothered to return my call did not instill confidence in me that my longterm stay would be a positive experience. I would NEVER recommend the Affinia Gardens. The management and staff have a lot to learn when it comes to customer service. In no way does it compare to their sister hotels, particularly the Shelbourne where the management and staff are extremely caring and accomodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquil. Thoughtful. Private. Just right for a little alone time in NYC. Discreetly located on the Upper East Side on an intimate, tree-lined street, the Gardens NYC is the picture of Manhattan gentility. It's surrounded by world-class NYC shopping and Manhattan's famed museums, adding grace and charm to its locale. But guests find it's just right for a tranquil retreat. With such great in-room service, you can simply take to your hotel suite and escape for some alone time. Our 129 suites, many larger than New York City apartments, offer generous living space, including full kitchens and large vanities with Hollywood lighting, making them ideal for stays of a day, a week or much, much longer. Hotel Services Fee is $25 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: · $10 daily food and drink credit to our Cupboard or Corner Store* · Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Gardens Hotel New York City
- Affinia Gardens New York City