“Fantastic find”

Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel
Ranked #85 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Chose to stay here in December 2013 because it was one of the few places in NYC that had a fully equipped kitchen and a bedroom with two queen beds to accommodate a family of four. Turns out this is a gem, the staff were fantastic, the room was comfortable and clean and the location was fantastic. A 10 minute walk to the park, a very short walk to the 63rd st Subway and 5 minutes to Bloomingdales and a second subway station. There was a supermarket close by and a decent coffee place (not starbucks) 5 minutes north. Affinia Gardens was an excellent choice and we already can't wait to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
AGGeneralManager, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear AussieTraveler443,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your December stay at the Affinia Gardens. As the General Manager, I am pleased to hear you had an opportunity to enjoy our central location and fully equipped kitchens. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We always stay at the Affinia Gardens Hotel, a hotel so ideally located in the quieter upper side of town, whilst being near everything we need. But especially for doorman Chris who is always so helpful, professional and pleasant, and helps make our stay enjoyable comfortable and relaxing. He has been there for years and has always been reliable for anything.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
AGGeneralManager, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear db,

My name is Jennifer Baldwin and I am the General Manager of the Affinia Gardens. I am so pleased to read your feedback on your most recent stay at the Affinia Gardens Hotel. I look forward to sharing your post with our bellman Kris, who has been with us over 20 years and approaches each day with a true passion for ensuring we exceed our guest expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Affinia Gardens the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My mother's surgery was unexpectedly rescheduled. They were understanding and allowed us to change or reservation at 2pm without charging us for the day. A kindness we really needed in that moment. Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Very close to Sloan Kettering's Breast Cancer Center.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
AGGeneralManager, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Robert1830,

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. As the General Manager of the Affinia Gardens, I am pleased to hear we were able to accommodate a change in your reservation. Please let us know if we may be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here while I was undergoing tests at Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital. It was very convenient. It was a short walk to the hospital. The room was quite large, clean, and comfortable. The staff was very nice. They gave us a free upgrade...that's always nice. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lisa S,

As the General Manager of the Affinia Gardens, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We hope all went well with your testing at Sloan Kettering and are so glad to hear that our location made your stay a little easier. We do hope to welcome you back to the Affinia Gardens under different circumstances in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance moving forward.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

The Affinia Gardens hotel is in a lovely residential neighborhood (Upper East Side) and is convenient to East side subways and buses (and a few blocks from Bloomingdales!)

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Rooms are larger than average with a kitchenette, cable television, large bathroom, etc.

Decor is modern and comfortable and rooms and common areas are spotless.

It can be real benefit to be in a residential neighborhood vs. high traffic tourist center and the location is a perfect jumping off point for many of the City's attractions.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear CMMNYC,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Affinia Gardens Hotel. As the General Manager, I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed all our property has to offer our guests. Our central location makes it easy to access all of NYC without being in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of midtown. Our rooms are definitely larger than what you will find in most NYC hotel and I couldn't be prouder of our service oriented team! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance moving forward.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I choose this hotel because it was directly across the street from the hospital where I needed to have surgery. I was very happy with the staff and the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was large, clean and very nice. The room service is from local restaurants and I could not believe how quick we got our dinner. I would highly recommend this hotel. Nice area as well.

Room Tip: It was my first time and I was on the 5th floor which was quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
AGGeneralManager, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear SoniaSpa,

As General Manager of the Affinia Gardens, I would like to personally thank you for posting a review of our property on TripAdvisor. I do hope your surgery went well and that you are feeling better. Our location near the hospital makes it so convenient for our guests who are having surgery - we are pleased to hear this made it easier for you as well. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My experience with Affinia Gardens goes back to when it was called Lyden Gardens. My parents lived near by and when my family grew we stayed at affinia where there was more room. Whenever we visited the city the very cordial and helpful staff here always made us feel like we were welcomed back and staying at our home away from home.. My parents passed away 2009. We had not been back until now. Wanted to start bringing the grandchildren to see the city. Would not stay anywhere else but here. First the big hugs we got they hadn't forgotten us. Thank you Sal Kris and hi to Michael whom we missed this trip. They are so helpful no matter how busy they are. The rooms are spacious, the kitchen very handy and well supplied,the bathroom clean with separate mirror and plugs outside for makeup and hair(a definite with teenagers)and the view we always ask for garden view. It's quiet and it is just far away from the crowded parts of the city,but you can get a cab or a car or nearby subway ride to anywhere.. We always go to Silver Star for home cooked breakfast and any other meal you might want. Then dinner at Tony's near by too. A walk to Central Park easily! Can't say enough for the housekeeping staff who always speak fluent English and a smile on their face who leave the rooms so clean. A special thank you to our house keeper who found my daughter's ring and bag and the management sent them immediately to us. Thank you everyone for still making our stay the best! We will return!! Mrs. Karen Robinson

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen R
AGGeneralManager, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Mrs. Robinson,

Thank you so much for posting your review of the Affinia Gardens on TripAdvisor. As the General Manager, I am so pleased to hear you have been a loyal guest of our Hotel since it was named the "Lyden Gardens". We have many guests who have stayed with us for over 20 years and we enjoy welcoming everyone back! On behalf of the entire team, we sincerely appreciate having you as our guest and look forward to welcoming your family back soon.

Warm Regards,