“Perfect all around.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bristol, Tennessee
“Perfect all around.”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My father had surgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital and we were looking for some place close to hospital. The hotel was perfect. Short walk or quick taxi ride. Nice residential area and great restaurants that will delivery to your room. The staff was awesome! Kris and Caprice took such good care of us. Next trip to New York City we are staying at Affinia Gardens.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Kbroyles1
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Kbroyles1,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on your most recent stay. I know any type of surgery of a family member can be stressful. I am happy that even in these circumstances our friendly staff such as Caprice and Krys were able to make your days worth while. I will make sure to tell them of your kind words.

I am thrilled to read that your trip to NYC will be with the Affinia Gardens. I hope it will be for pleasure!

Director of Front Office Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Schuylerville, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

The entire staff at the Affinia Garden is extremely friendly & welcoming. We have stayed there several time because of the location, across from The Manhattan Ear Eye Throat Hospital. The rooms are huge with a full kitchen, large bathroom, couch & bed. Rooms, common areas & even the stairwell are immaculate. Plenty of restaurants close by as well as a CVS 1/2 block away. Highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Donna B,

It was such a pleasure reading your review of your most recent stay at the Affinia Gardens. I see you have been here a few times and it's such an honor to have you as our ongoing guest. We like to think of our guests as family, so when you are greeted you feel welcomed with our front desk smiles. I will make sure to tell my team of your lovely comments.

I hope to meet you on your next trip to the Affinia Gardens.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I've stayed at a few Affinia properties over the years and one thing for sure - GREAT STAFF!
I had 3 rooms booked for a family event and they did everything they could to make us happy.
The rooms were huge - shocking for a NYC property! We actually had friends over for dinner and there was plenty of room.

We loved the location - very easy to everywhere we needed to go.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear debskymo,

I appreciate your awesome comments on your stay at The Affinia Gardens. Our super friendly staff love to see comments and feedback and yours is a perfect one to give them something to brag about. They truly are the heart of our hotel and care about each and every guest that walk through the door.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and hope you come back to be greeted by our wonderful staff again.

France
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We recently stayed here for three nights at the start of our holiday. The two main things the hotel has going for it is size of the rooms and for me location. Having not been to NY for a few years i was amazed at just how touristy and tacky certain parts of the city have become but the Upper East side represents a haven of relative peace,that being said you are a short walk from the Park and Bloomingdales plus the Subway. However there are noise issues , not only the 'normal' sounds one would expect from a vibrant 24 hour City but also from the hospital next door. We were in the last room on the left hand side and God knows what they do at night in the building next door but it involves very very loud banging.
No restaurant on site is not a problem because of all the restaurants near by , daily cost for wifi is as ever a massive annoyance (please make the room slightly more expensive and do away with the charge). Front desk were amazingly helpful especially Caprice who was also super friendly and helpful. The main thing this place has going for it is the size of the rooms and the relatively small size of the hotel. We had a one bed suite which , as many have said, is bigger than most apartments in the City and having a few years ago stayed at the sister property the Shelbourne which is zoo large it can feel zoo like , this place is relatively intimate. We would definitely stay again

Room Tip: I would try for a room on the back and perhaps in the middle , certainly not adjoining the building...
Dear tilmeg,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your detailed review of the Affinia Gardens. Our guests love the fact that they step out of our hotel to start their day and feel like they are residents instead of tourists. We are perfectly located to be far enough from the hustle and gimmicks and close enough to take a train or taxi downtown to where all the action is. Thank you for highlighting this as the Upper East Side is an attraction in its self.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the noises coming from next store. We are usually aware of any projects going in the surrounding buildings and will notify guests of any ongoing work. Seems that there wasn't any communication and will meet with the building super to address the noises you heard at night.

I would also like to address your WI-FI charge concerns. I understand how frustrating this might have been as this day and age, Wi-Fi is complimentary in many facilities. However, we do keep within the same standards as other hotels in the Upper East Side and do extend complimentary Wi-Fi in our lobby 24/7 for guest convenience. I thank you for bringing this to my attention so I can discuss further with my team.

Thank you again for your great review and hop to welcome you back to Affinia Gardens soon.

California
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have been going to the Affinia Gardens for 15-20 years - I am in NY about 6-7 times per year and it is my "home away from home." On my most recent visit, in early February, everything was as I was used to - the room and bed were excellent, and the staff is always very pleasant and helpful. I have recommended the hotel to many friends and everyone one of them - some of whom stayed a month - have liked it also. The fact that it has no restaurant is no problem; the hotel can arrange for deliveries to the room, and there are a number of different restaurants in easy walking distance. I often bring my wife, and the full kitchen that is a part of every room enables us to go to a local supermarket to purchase food for breakfasts and snacks.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pico1
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear pico1,

It was such a pleasure reading your review of the Affinia Gardens. I was pleased to read that you have been loyal guests of ours for almost 20 years and even recommended us as an accommodation to others. This is very much appreciated as well as it says a lot about our hotel and the Affinia Brand. We are all about comfort and flexibility. We know that not every guest is going to have the same need, that's why we have a "anything goes" mentality. We also love seeing the same faces month to month and year to year.

pico 1, again I appreciate your loyalty and pleasant comments. I hope I have the opportunity to meet you next time you are staying with us.

Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The front desk staff was very accomodating. They stood out in the snow to hail our cab for us. My daughter got ill and they quickly brought us ginger ale and granted us a late check out so she could wait in the room until we needed to leave for the airport. The only downside was no restaurant in the hotel. We didn't expect dining to be an issue since there are so many wonderful restaurants in NYC, but when one of you is sick it can make a difference. Fortunately I was able to walk to a nearby bakery to get something, and there was a drugstore on the corner as well. The hotel room was very large and comfortable. I would defintiely stay there again.

Dear lfitzs,

Thank you for leaving your comments about your most recent stay here at Affinia Gardens. Our front desk team takes honor in being hosts to all of our guests. We like to think of our guests like family. Anything we would do for our own family we do for our guests, even if it's as simple as giving a later check out or fetching some ginger ale.

I apologize if there was any inconvenience in not having a restaurant on property for you. We do have "The Cupboard" store in our lobby for quick snacks 24/7 as well as plenty of restaurants that will deliver right to your room as a room service. On your next stay check out our room service binder located on the desk in your room for some delicious options.

Again, your wonderful comments are much appreciated and I hope your next stay exceeds your expectations.

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband and I stay at the Affinia Gardens on our frequent trips to New York. It's like having your own pied-a-terre in New York, complete with friendly and helpful staff. This past Thanksgiving was extra special, because we were celebrating with my family. We had Thanksgiving dinner in our suite in the hotel, because my elderly mother wasn't up to having us visit her at home.

The entire hotel staff went out of their way to see that everything ran smoothly. Pedro and Michael, who were on duty that day, helped us manage the food and furniture set up, and with countless other housekeeping requests, such as bringing extra utensils, plates, and glasses Most importantly, they were so kind in helping us get everything organized for the day.

The hotel itself is incredibly comfortable, with its large rooms and comfortable furniture. My only complaint is with the pillows, which are just too hard!

In sum, it's great to come here on our travels and be greeted like we are coming home by all the wonderful and friendly and funny staff. The location on the upper east side couldn't be better, and the neighborhood has many conveniences. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms in back with view of garden are nicest.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Terry D,

I would like to first thank you for choosing Affinia Gardens to host your family Thanksgiving gathering last year. It is really an honor to have you and your family together in your suite like it is your own home. Our goal as a team is to greet all of our guests like they are "coming home" and I am so happy that you captured that experience. Our fun loving team really knows and can relate to what family is all about; After all, we as a team are "like family". That's why delivering excellent service to our guests comes so natural. My team was thrilled that you appreciated all the extra work put into your special day and stay. This makes it all the more worth it for them.

Thank you again for this review and would love to host Thanksgiving for you and your family next year.