Gardens Suites Hotel by Affinia
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$191
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$334
US$298
Agoda.com
1,980 results
All reviewsupper east sidefull kitchencentral parkjunior suitesloan ketteringsmall kitchennew yorkquiet neighborhoodour home away from homerooms are hugeliving roomgreat neighborhoodfront desk managerdefinitely stay here againfew blockshousekeeping stafflocation is excellent
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Echoing the last reviewer, I would never choose this hotel if I were not visiting someone in the hospital. The room is huge but run down. The carpet has seen better days. The window shades/treatments appeared to be soiled. The closets had curtains over them, not doors. The bed itself seemed clean and crisp, as was the bathroom. As I ended up taking a cab to the hospital (too much to carry) I could have stayed at a much nicer place for less money. The big plus however, was, the staff. They were extremely nice and accommodating. They let me leave my bag and check in early. They couldn't have been nicer. That said, I will definitely not be back. It would have been nice to have at least had a bottle of water in the room. (I did not use the kitchen but that was definitely the worst part of the room/suite.)

Room Tip: I don't know if any of the rooms are any better. They are huge but really really need a redo.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ebwrite
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens Suites Hotel by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear ebwrite,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write this review for all to see. I'd also like to offer my sincere apologies that you were less than happy about your stay and more importantly the condition of your room. I will definitely take this constructive criticism and strive for better stay for our future guests. I am however, proud that my team once again did their best to accommodate you.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I hear this hotel is a converted apartment complex. Even though our unit was one of the smallest ( based on the floor plan on the back of the door ) we had a small kitchen and a separate sitting area in addition to the two beds. It worked our great for our family which includes two Tweens. In particular I thought the beds were very comfortable and the bank of windows had a nice view from the 12th floor. The wallpaper in our unit was getting a little tired but all in all a good value and we'd stay there again if we wanted to be in the Mid East side. We walked to Central Park and the Whitney Museum. We parked a block away for $28 per night.

Stayed: March 2014
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens Suites Hotel by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear dougwig,

Thank you for leaving a review of your most recent stay at Affinia Gardens.
It's a pleasure to know that out apartment-like suites we very accommodating to you and in particular your tweens. We truly appreciate your business and it would be an honor to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I would never stay at this hotel if going to New York for a fun trip. It is a bit run down and could definitely use a make over. Although, depending on how many of you there are and the reason for the trip, this place could be a real find! First, the rooms are very big for New York. Even the smallest of the rooms has a large king bed and pull out sofa. All the rooms have kitchenettes. There is tons of closet space as well. bathrooms are very small. You are not going to do a lot of cooking here since the kitchen has very limited supplies - one pot, 4 plates, 4 glasses, 4 forks, etc. However, just having a refrigerator, microwave and stove, allows for a lot of meal options that are faster and cheaper than eating out, especially for families. There are tons of gourmet grocery stores near by so it is easy to buy already prepared food and just heat it up,or whatever back at the room. The staff are very friendly. I stayed here while my husband was hospitalized for two weeks at a near by hospital. It worked perfectly for me. I would just stock the fridge with prepared food and then I could eat in the morning before going to the hospital and then again when I returned in the evening, regardless of how late. The hotel is located on a relatively quiet block, as least for New York and there are lots of good restaurants nearby as well. While certainly not in the hub of things, if you don't mind walking a bit, you can certainly see a lot of the sights. For a family or a group of friends, this would be a pretty cheap stay for NYC.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to lessen the street noise. Elevators are very fast.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank intrepidtraveler23

Dear intrepidtraveler23,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay at Affinia Gardens. I am sorry to hear that your stay here wasn't for pleasure and I hope your husband was able to recover from surgery. I am also sorry to hear that you would never stay at our hotel for a fun trip as half of our guests do just that. Our spacious accommodating rooms, although not brand new are clean as well has are well equipped for a long term stay. I do take your constructive comments in stride and will work with my executive team on making this a fresher more inviting hotel for our future guests. After all, it is comments such as yours that can really make our guest stays all the more better.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The staff was most welcoming and friendly. I felt as if I had been there previously... They were always there to meet my every need. I a very big city, I had a feeling that I was home when I came back to the hotel each evening. I needed a dvd player, which was provided and waiting for me in my suite when I checvk in. The price was resonable and most fair. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.
The manager of hotel was most friendly and went out of his way to help me with my needs. The entire staff should be commended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens Suites Hotel by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Laura S,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your most recent stay at Affinia Gardens. I was delighted to see the title as "the friendliest hotel". I take pride in entire team's ability to welcome guests as if they are frequent travelers. We truly know that the meaning of hospitality doesn't start and end with just a room. Here at Affinia Gardens we like to think of our guests as family "coming home". The fact that you and your family felt that warmth is so comforting to me.

Again, I appreciate your comments and would love to meet you on your next trip to town.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We are 2 adults and 3 kids-- we stayed in a one bedroom with a kitchen and it was perfect. Service was lovely-- very friendly and helpful. Location was perfect for us to sight-see and for my husband to get to work. Very spacious. Michael was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Christina H,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay of the Affinia Gardens. We are glad to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay and your visit to New York. Our spacious, apartment-like suites and convenient location are one of the reasons why families love staying here. It gives them the opportunity to tuck the kids in at night as if they are in the comfort of their own home as well as getting up in the morning and you can be steps to the center of all the fun.

I appreciate your time and business. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Affinia Gardens soon.