“our home away from home”

Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel
Ranked #85 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have stayed at The Affinia Gardens many times. It has always exceeded our expectations. A great hotel in a great location. Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, plenty of closet space, kitchenette and more. Great staff. Always helpful and friendly. We really don't consider other hotels when we are in NYC. The Affinia is simply our favorite NYC hotel. The only complaint is that WI FI should be free. Looking forward to staying at the Afffinia Gardens again.

Room Tip: There are patio rooms on the first floor. Depending on the weather it is nice to have access to an...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Terry E,

It was such a pleasure reading your review of one of the many stays you have incurred here at Affinia Gardens. I am elated to read that you get that home away from home feeling every time you walk in. This just reiterates what we pride ourselves on; You will get the same kind service and clean, comfortable rooms with every stay.
I will take note of your suggestions about our Wi-Fi charges. I appreciate this feedback as it will make our future guest stays all the more better.

Thank you for considering Affinia Gardens as your only hotel of choice while in NYC. I hope I have the pleasure of meeting you on your next stay.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 10 days in October 2013 (multiple times in the same month) due to a friend's illness and treatment in Sloan Kettering Hospital. They have a Sloan Kettering rate for the friends and families of the patients, so it is very helpful. The staff overall was very helpful but the cleaning lady in my floor kept asking questions about my visitors to the room. It was a religious holiday and my friend was going through a horrible cancer, I decided to host his family for coffee to celebrate the holiday and getaway from the stress of the hospital. As I was bringing cookies/donuts, the cleaning lady kept picking into the room to seed who is in there and then questioned me about my guests. It was little uncomfortable, she told me that she understood but I was not very sure. Overall, I liked the hotel and my room had a small kitchen, living room and it was very specious and clean. Very convenient location and the parking garage is just next door.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Oktay S,

Thank you for leaving your honest review on trip advisor about your stay. I can understand when a loved one is undergoing treatment; it can be a very stressful time for family and friends. We know this all too well here at Affinia Gardens, as many of our guests are patients at Memorial Sloan. We were happy we were able to accommodate you, but very sorry to read about the room attendant's redundant curiosity of you and your guests. This is certainly not a regular occurrence and I will be speaking to her regarding this issue so that our future guests won't have the same issue.

Again, I apologize for this experience and I hope that this does not deter you from staying with us in the future. Please feel free to contact me for future accomodation requests at etimmons@affinia.com

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This Hotel is like a flat. All the rooms have a kitchen which is really good with kids, if you have a big family you also can book a double bed room, which is really big.
Now with 2 kids, I always stay at this place, the location is fantastic you're close of Bloomingdales one of the best department stores in Town, just one block from the supermarket, pharmacy, and also in my opinion the 60ths and 70ths are the best part of the city.

Room Tip: Try to book in a higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Emilio N,

Thank you for writing about your experience at Affinia Gardens. I was thrilled to read that you and your family had a lovely stay with us and that you choose us over 448 hotels every time you come to town. Wow! Our spacious accommodating rooms can accommodate any size family and being with in walking distance to the famous Bloomingdales is just a plus!

Emilio N, I appreciate your kind words and would love to meet you and your family on your next trip in.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at the Affinia Gardens May 9-11. It was our first time there and everyone made us feel welcome. We loved having a full kitchen, due to my food restrictins ( allergies). The supermarket was walking distance. Quiet block, but you could walk to the subway to go uptown to museums or downtown to Times Square. The staff was very helpful, whether it was directions, or where to find a place for brunch. We felt very well taken care of. The jr. suite was wonderful. I would go again, if I ever needed to stay in that part of city.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back, if you want extra quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meryl M
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Meryl M,

Thank you for a gem of a review that you have left for all to see on your stay at the Affinia Gardens. It is important for our first time guests to capture all that we have to offer. Our amazing staff and convenient location are what really set us apart from other hotels in NYC. I am happy that you were able to feel welcomed during your stay; As all guests should feel like they are walking into their own home. I would like to have the opportunity to meet you and your family next time you plan to stay here on the Upper East Side.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Affinia was a wonderful retreat for our family. We all received VIP treatment - including the puppy! Deanna Coudounas was a great hostess and the staff was attentive and efficient. They took care of all the details, making our stay very special! The junior suite was clean and very spacious - everything you might need in the kitchen, a comfortable living space, dreamy beds and immaculate bath. The Upper East Side residential district is an excellent location. Thanks, Affinia for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear InternationalNYC,

It was such a pleasure to read your review on your recent stay here at Affinia Gardens. I am thrilled that you felt like you received VIP treatment. This is something that we like all of our guests to experience as we treat everyone as our VIP, especially your pets! Deanna was thrilled to read your comments about her. I have commended her for making such an impact on your stay.
InternationalNYC, we appreciate your business and I would love to meet you nest time you decide to stay with us.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We call the Affinia Gardens our city home. The doorman, Caprice, always goes above and beyond. It is perfect for our family of four with two young children. Walking distance to central park, the zoo, shopping, groceries, everything you need. Yet, as soon as the doors shut, the Affinia really does offer the quiet and comforts you crave after a day of exploring the city. We've stayed at a handful of NYC hotels and we now only come back to the Affinia every year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear MeganButtersRae,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts about your most recent stay. I was so happy to hear that you and your family had a great experience here at Affinia Gardens. Our amazing staff including the doorman and Caprice really see our guests as family and want you to feel that comfort when you enter. Thank you for seeing us as your home away from home.

I hope to meet you on your next trip into town.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Does the idea of a large apartment in a quiet neighbourhood, but still close to all the sights of NY, appeal to you? Then this definitely is the place. Only a few minutes from the subway, (buy a 7-day MTA pass for $30) with the Food Emporium nearby for all your food requirements, plenty of restaurants for a meal out if you want a change from the Emporium's ready-to-eat meals, a large room with a comfortable bed and lounge area and a good size bathroom. I'm not sure why folks would pay more money to stay downtown. As others have indicated, try and obtain a rear room facing over the gardens as it's very peaceful. They will also organise a car to JFK airport at a reasonable price. I would have liked to see free WiFi in the rooms.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WalkersWA

Dear WalkersWA,

Thank you for taking the time out to write about your most recent stay here at Affinia Gardens. It was so refreshing to read your review as if it was an advertisement add. We really are that quiet refuge with the tree lined streets and the no honking laws of the Upper East Side. I am thrilled that you felt the essence of what Affinia Gardens is all about; Serenity!

I hope I have the pleasure on hosting your next vacation here in New York.