2,047 results
All reviewsupper east sidefull kitchengardens nyccentral parkjunior suitesloan ketteringsmall kitchennew yorkquiet neighborhoodour home away from homerooms are hugesofa bedgreat neighborhoodby nyc standardsfew blocksdefinitely stay here againhousekeeping staff
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel is perfectly located, in a nice neighborhood, close to Central Park and the subway. We are a family of 5, so the junior suite was the perfect size. Good parking nearby as well with decent pricing for NYC. Staff was great and very helpful to give us the little tips to enjoy NYC as a tourist. All in all a very good experience, I would highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens Suites Hotel by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Francois C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent stay at Affinia Gardens. I am thrilled that your family of 5 was able to enjoy even the smallest of our suites! Our team are always ready for your questions and give the best advice, as they have hands on experience travelling throughout the city and are very knowledgeable on sites attractions. I am proud that they were able to assist in your stay.

I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Affinia Gardens in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is not a 5 star hotel. It is hardly a 4 star hotel. I found service limited, there is no turn down...there is no restaurant, I only had a doorman availble twice in my 5 day stay. That being said.....you will be hard pressed to find rooms of this size in this part of the city for a reasonable price. So if you are a family....between the two beds and a sofa bed and Kitchens.....you probably can't go wrong. And even on fairly busy 64th street, it was quieter than most NY hotels and the bed was very comfortable. Again, far from perfect. I found the housekeeping service truly lacking (the rooms redo is showing its age) ...the bathrooms tiny for a large room and would only come back for the price and location. But price and location could be the two most important factors so there you have it. And kind people at the front desk which is always a huge plus!

Room Tip: There is little view so to speak of so the quieter back of the hotel is probably the best. But if they upgrade you to a larger room on the front, it shouldn't be a deal breaker!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Renztem13
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens Suites Hotel by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Renztem13,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I appreciate your honest review and take your feedback as honest and truthful. I am happy that you enjoyed our clean, spacious suites and comfortable beds. After all, our goal is for our guests to enjoy the suite they are sleeping in!
I would like to address the fact that we don't consider ourselves a 4 or 5 star hotel. We are definitely a 4.5 circle here on trip advisor because our guests do review and rate us at this and we are more than happy with our guest ratings. You are correct in saying we don't have a restaurant, this which can be compensated by the many restaurants that deliver directly to our guest rooms as well as have the capability of charging that to the rooms directly. We do offer turndown upon request, I apologize that this wasn't made clear while booking your reservation.

I take all of your comments in stride and will use them to make our guest stays all the more better. I appreciate your feedback and would hope that you would consider staying with us in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel which offers small studio apartments with a kitchen and seating area. The rooms are very nice and clean. The property is not luxurious but clean and modern and located in an amazing neighborhood, which probably accounts for the expensive rate. Staff is helpful. Its a little bit out of the way from the usual touristy destinations in Manhattan so you either have to spend a bit of time on the subway or spend some serious $ on Uber or taxis. Some folks might desire being in a quieter area, though. A very nice hotel but not a luxury property by any standard.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gonzaloque

Dear Gonzaloque,

Thank you for leaving your honest feedback on your most recent stay at Affinia Gardens. WE are pride ourselves on having clean, comfortable rooms and a nice welcome when returning back to the hotel after a day out in NYC. I am happy that you felt that during your stay. Although some guests don't see the luxury in what we have to offer, we would like to express that the luxury is in the comfort; Oh, and in our quiet tree lined streets!

Next time you are in town, I hope you consider us for a nice quiet getaway away from the tourist attractions.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel room was big comfortable and clean and the kitchen are was a plus. The staff was great. We were able to check in early since we arrived in NY at 7:30 am. The location of the hotel is perfect. About 4 blocks from Central Park. We walked everywhere. There are all kinds of businesses and restaurants around the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends and would stay here again when I go back to New York.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens Suites Hotel by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Celina H,

I appreicate you taking the time to write a review of your sweet stay at Affinai Gardens. I am glad you were able to be accomodated with an early check in. My front desk team does aim to please and I see that they have not fell short with you! No request is too big or small to fulfill. Along, with our amazing staff I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to get out and explore the neighborhood as well as New York's famous Central Park.

Thank you for recommeding us to family and friends. I hope I get the opportunity to meet you on your next trip into NYC.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you are looking to stay in New York and want a hotel that provides comfort, very friendly and helpful staff, great position close to everything you need than Affina Gardens is the spot. I have just recently return from a eight day stay in New York and a month traveling America this hotel was by far the pick it had everything you needed. Great for family we stayed in the one bedroom suite and was more than enough room. The rooms have a kitchenette if you want to cook yourself but there are great places to eat within walking distance. We bought a week subway pass and got around New York easily. To anyone heading to New York this is the place you need to stay that will make your trip enjoyable and families this is the perfect spot, I will definitely be staying again, thankyou for everything Affina Gardens for making our stay in New York a relaxing one.

Room Tip: I stayed in a one bed room suite enough room for 4 perfect for a family
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jasonw4370,

It was such a pleasure reading your thoughts about your stay at Affinia Gardens. To be deemed "the best spot in New York" says a lot about your experience with us. Our uniquely spacious rooms, lovely location and amazing team can really make a family vacation one to remember. I am so happy that out of all the accommodations you have experienced in America over a month’s time, we were the highlight.

We really appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to America!