2,047 results
All reviewsupper east sidefull kitchengardens nyccentral parkjunior suitesloan ketteringsmall kitchennew yorkquiet neighborhoodour home away from homerooms are hugesofa bedgreat neighborhoodby nyc standardsfew blocksdefinitely stay here againhousekeeping staff
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I love this perfect gem of a hotel. The lobbby is cozy and inviting. The staff is amazing. I had to have a procedure done on my eyes and needed a nice space to recuperate, until I was fit to fly back to Dallas. My room became my perfect Zen space to recover and rest. The decor is peaceful, the rooms quiet and spotless, and the staff is just perfection! The best is the the location! You are a stones throw from Madison Ave and just a few blocks from 5th Ave. And, if you need any medical procedures yourselves, all the top surgeons in NYC are practically next door! Thank you Affinia! I look forward to staying with you again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank LadyWads
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens Suites Hotel by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear LadyWads,

It was such a pleasure reading your review on your recent stay here at Affinia Gardens. I am more than thrilled that we were the perfect place for you to recuperate from your surgery. We also feel like we are a gem of a hotel tucked away on these quiet tree lined streets of the Upper East Side. My amazing team is just the icing on the cake!

I hope I have to the opportunity to meet you on your next trip to NYC... hopefully for pleasure!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a pleasant stay, a comfortable room with good beds, only the pillows were very thick.
The people at the reception have all been very nice and helpful for all different kind of requests. Thanks a lot!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cornelia L,

Thank you for leaving your brief review about your most recent stay. I am thrilled you felt comfortable in your suite and enjoyed the help of my friendly team. Next time you stay with us, ask about our 6 choice pillow menu. You may be more comfortable with our other pillow choices.

I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I try to let time pass before writing a negative review so I can make sure I am objective in my critique. But as this is a hotel recommended by hospitals in the area I thought I would respond to that recommendation. We booked Affinia due to inclement wweatherand we needed a location close to a hospital where my wife was getting treatment. Upon arrival there was no space right in front of the hotel and I put the car next to fire hydrant to check in, alerting the staff to the circumstance and was told there would be no problem they would park it immediately. Check in was fine, went up to the room and found it to be a serviceable suite, clean and bright, a bit dated but not uncomfortable in any way. 15 minutes later, I look out the window and my car is still in front of the hydrant and it took a call to the desk to get it moved(luckily before a citation was issued.) After a decent night's sleep, we went to the hospital for a treatment and were delayed a bit, but were back an hour before checkout. We went for breakfast and my wife started to have a side effect from the treatment. They were more solicitous of her well being at The Jackson Hole we were eating at than they were at the hotel! I get back to the hotel and ask for an extra hour for my wife to recover and was told that that would not be possible! Why not? Check out is at 4 and we would have been out by one...seriously? And this is a recommended hotel by area hospitals? Look it has it's perks and it's on a quiet street, but I can't in good conscience recommend it to you if you need a place that is considerate and caring.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CarrJL
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens Suites Hotel by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear CarrJL,

I would like to first thank you for choosing Affinia Gardens as accommodation during your wife was undergoing treatment. I understand that these times are difficult as many of our guests are patients of nearby hospitals. Your feedback here on trip advisor causes me deep concern.
I would like to discuss your experience with Affinia Gardens further so that I can get a clearer understanding of what had happened. Please feel free to call me directly at 212-355-1230.

I am looking forward to your phone call.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel is perfectly located, in a nice neighborhood, close to Central Park and the subway. We are a family of 5, so the junior suite was the perfect size. Good parking nearby as well with decent pricing for NYC. Staff was great and very helpful to give us the little tips to enjoy NYC as a tourist. All in all a very good experience, I would highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Francois C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent stay at Affinia Gardens. I am thrilled that your family of 5 was able to enjoy even the smallest of our suites! Our team are always ready for your questions and give the best advice, as they have hands on experience travelling throughout the city and are very knowledgeable on sites attractions. I am proud that they were able to assist in your stay.

I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Affinia Gardens in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is not a 5 star hotel. It is hardly a 4 star hotel. I found service limited, there is no turn down...there is no restaurant, I only had a doorman availble twice in my 5 day stay. That being said.....you will be hard pressed to find rooms of this size in this part of the city for a reasonable price. So if you are a family....between the two beds and a sofa bed and Kitchens.....you probably can't go wrong. And even on fairly busy 64th street, it was quieter than most NY hotels and the bed was very comfortable. Again, far from perfect. I found the housekeeping service truly lacking (the rooms redo is showing its age) ...the bathrooms tiny for a large room and would only come back for the price and location. But price and location could be the two most important factors so there you have it. And kind people at the front desk which is always a huge plus!

Room Tip: There is little view so to speak of so the quieter back of the hotel is probably the best. But if they upgrade you to a larger room on the front, it shouldn't be a deal breaker!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Renztem13
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens Suites Hotel by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Renztem13,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I appreciate your honest review and take your feedback as honest and truthful. I am happy that you enjoyed our clean, spacious suites and comfortable beds. After all, our goal is for our guests to enjoy the suite they are sleeping in!
I would like to address the fact that we don't consider ourselves a 4 or 5 star hotel. We are definitely a 4.5 circle here on trip advisor because our guests do review and rate us at this and we are more than happy with our guest ratings. You are correct in saying we don't have a restaurant, this which can be compensated by the many restaurants that deliver directly to our guest rooms as well as have the capability of charging that to the rooms directly. We do offer turndown upon request, I apologize that this wasn't made clear while booking your reservation.

I take all of your comments in stride and will use them to make our guest stays all the more better. I appreciate your feedback and would hope that you would consider staying with us in the future.

Kind regards,