“Good hotel on the upper east side.”

Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel
Ranked #72 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Good location for the upper east side. I think the value is average - but we had a junior suite that included a small kitchen and one bathroom. It was easy to get to Central Park, Madison Avenue, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Rockefeller University, and Cornell Medical School. Staff was friendly and rooms were clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear A2freqtrav,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at Affinia Gardens. Our convenient location is one of the many assets that we have for our guests. I'm glad you noticed all that the neighborhood has to offer within a short walking distance. I would love to meet you on your next trip in and hope to make your stay more than average that time around!

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I visited New York and was referred to Affinia Garden from several friends, who have stayed here before and loved their experiences. I stayed for five days and enjoyed my stay immensely. The hotel is not only tidy and beautiful, but the service was wonderful as well and met all my needs. I recommend Affinia Garden to anyone and will certainly stay there from now on!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Orlando C,

Thank you for leaving your gracious feedback on your most recent stay here at Affinia Gardens. I am happy you took your friend’s referral and decided to stay with us. I take pleasure knowing that your first stay here was a great one. Our wonderful hotel and team do our best to exceed all of our guest needs.
I truly appreciate your business and I look forward to meeting you on your next trip in to town. Please spread the good word!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was able to enjoy the beautiful Affinia Gardens Hotel this past weekend and all I can say is WOW!! The service at this property is fantastic and the rooms are so large and well equipped. I could not have made a better choice to stay at Affinia Gardens when there are so many hotels to choose from in NY!! I would recommend this hotel to all my friends as well as my work colleagues. kudos to the staff!!
Thank you and looking forward to staying at the Affinia Gardens again soon!!

Room Tip: You can not go wrong with any rooms at this hotel!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear AtlantaFunTraveler

Thank you for taking your time to complete a review of our hotel. We are extremely happy to learn about your experience at the Affinia Gardens. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our first concern.

Our talented staff is continuously working on delivering our authentic service to guests and it sounds like they were able to deliver that special experience during your stay!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed in a Jr. Suite that had 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa bed. 2 areas to put/hang clothing as well as a desk and kitchenette. Although we did not use the kitchen, we did make use of the fridge that was an added plus. We stayed in the back of the hotel and had no noise at all (and we were on the second floor!). Kind of silly that they charge for wifi in the rooms as it is free in the lobby. The location was on a quiet residential area, but only a block either direction from shops and restaurants. Also, subway lines were very convenient (this is how we traveled around). We really spent only sleeping hours at the hotel. It was a great location and we will probably book here in the future as the layout is perfect for a family.
We noticed a lot of small dogs in the lobby, but never were bothered by any barking.

Room Tip: Alothough the patio rooms area a nice idea, they are located on the first floor just off the lobby a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Dselmal

Dear Dselmal

Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our large spacious, quiet suites. It’s great that you found our location conveniently situated near the subways and shops in the area. We have taken note of your internet comment and will try to make improvement in this area.
Thank you again for your wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you soon here at the Affinia Gardens!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I needed a hotel on the upper east side and took a chance on the Affinia Gardens. I previously have stayed at Affinia Dumont and was hoping the quality would be similar. I was pleasantly surprised that the Gardens was just as good (better actually) and would certainly return.
The bellman, Chris was exceptionally helpful during both my arrival and departure - offered a great suggestion for lunch and got me a cab in the pouring rain as I left. Front desk staff were also helpful and polite. Wi-fi was free with a "promotion" and it worked well with a strong signal.
Although the hallways are quite narrow, the room was amazing - very large, very clean, comfortable and quiet. I did not use the kitchen but it was clean and would be great for an extended stay. The cooling system worked perfectly with ability to adjust room temperature to a very comfortable level.
In terms of location, this hotel is on a quiet street but close to Madison Avenue, Park Avenue, etc.
There are decent restaurants within a very short walk (less than a block) - Jackson Hole is a great little diner just a short distance and Tony Di Napoli's is also nearby and has excellent Italian Food. Beyond that, there are tons of other eateries within a very short radius.. Central Park is also within walking distance. The closest subway appears to be the "F" train at Lexington Station - about a 5 minute walk.
I've stayed in many different NYC hotels (both "chains" and smaller "boutique" style hotels). The Gardens is a new favorite and I would definitely return in the future.

1  Thank Coopsdog

Dear Coopsdog,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to complete a trip advisor comment regarding your experience at our hotel. We were delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our suite and our service. Kris, our bellman is a great asset to our hotel and we are very proud to have him and the others on our team. Its comments such as yours that make us enjoy what we do on a daily basis.
Thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you again at the Affinia Gardens.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My Daughter and I Stayed at Affinia Gardens Last week for 5 nights and I was very happy. We came in very late due to our flight being delayed, They were ready and waiting for us and check in was done in lightening speed and we were in the room within 5 mins!
We stayed in a JR suite on the 9th Floor, the room had 2 Double beds, a Big Desk, Lounge with coffee table, Two closets(one with a safe) and Small Kitchen and Room very large for New York hotel. My only wish would be for a bigger bathroom, but it was well planned out and clean.
The Location was great for us as it was a quiet refuge from the busy NYC. I always felt safe and secure in hotel and in location, which was very important to me travelling with my Teenage Daughter. There is a CVS down the road and two small grocery store within 5 min walk for any supplies need as well as a Liquor store close by too. Plenty of places to eat in neighbouring Streets-Cute diner- Silver Dollar café on 2nd, was great for breakfast. Remember NYC is for walking, but if you don't want to the subway isn't far either.
The Staff were always friendly and happy to help, For me some stand outs were Marla, Nino and Sal. House keeping was great and was nice to come home to love clean and neat room, They were very friendly too, smiling and saying Hello as we would head out for the day.
I would defiantly recommend Affinia Gardens to anyone, But I really think a Family would love this hotel due to size of room and kitchens. We will defiantly be back with the rest of my family next time!
Thank You Affinia Gardens For a Wonderful Stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on 9th floor away from Lift, very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dakazibear,

I am thrilled that you and your daughter had a unique stay here at Affinia Gardens. All of your lovely comments; from our spacious rooms to our friendly staff is what we strive to portray to all of our guests. Our staff, including Marla, Nino and Sal really do care genuinely about the needs and wants of our guests. I am proud to work with such an amazing team. I really do appreciate your positive feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My stay at Affinia Gardens on 4/28/2014. It was shocking when the elevator door opened to the floor our room was on. Could this be right, I thought as I looked at the cheap worn out outdated dirty carpet. This is not what was represented on web search ratings. Maybe the hotel is redecorating I thought to myself. The lobby was nice and updated and we were greeted by friendly personel. Yep, they must be redecorating! But then when the door opened to our room I cringed and realized that we were duped. Cheap old worn out furniture and old carpet frayed at wall borders. Paint on windows frame borders peeling away where it met the drywall. In the bathroom the toilet paper roll was located across the door on the opposite side of toilet. A person would have to stand up and take a couple steps to reach it. Towels were thin and cheap. Not at all worth the heavy price that we paid for the room. This was our experience! It baffles me to read so many positive reviews from others. Maybe they are writing about other Affinia Hotels and not the Affinia Garfens Hotel. Or were we experiencing a Twilight Zone event.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank Rose J
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Rose J,

I appreciate your honest opinion about his most recent stay at the Affinia Gardens. Let me first apologize for the negative experience you had during your stay.
Your comments cause me great concern, as these are not typical occurrences of our guests. I would like to discuss more with you in the hopes of learning more than I could have done differently to have made your stay satisfactory. Please feel free to send an email directly to etimmons@affinia.com

Looking forward to your email.

Best Regards,