I stayed here for 3 weeks in the summer. First the pros:
Location - on a quiet part of the Upper East Side but within about 10 minutes walk of Bloomingdales, 5th Avenue and Central Park. There are also subway stations pretty close. Really convenient. There are lots of grocery shops and chemists/drug stores nearby. Plus dry cleaning too so you don't need to pay extra by getting it done by the hotel.
Really big living room and a fair sized bedroom as well. My family stayed with me for a week and there was plenty of room for all of us. And there TVs in each room which was great when I tired of the Disney Channel...... There was also a small kitchenette with a big fridge, microwave and dishwasher which was great as I made food in the room a few times. The bed was very large and very comfortable.
All very helpful and pleasant. Made it an enjoyable stay.
The corridors have a bit of a strange smell (and look a bit tatty). Not sure if this was the other families' cooking but it was a bit odd.
Conclusion - if I went back to NY for business or pleasure I would certainly stay here again as I think it was great value. It's not as fancy as some of the big hotels but, quite frankly, who cares.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquil. Thoughtful. Private. Just right for a little alone time in NYC. Discreetly located on the Upper East Side on an intimate, tree-lined street, the Gardens NYC is the picture of Manhattan gentility. It's surrounded by world-class NYC shopping and Manhattan's famed museums, adding grace and charm to its locale. But guests find it's just right for a tranquil retreat. With such great in-room service, you can simply take to your hotel suite and escape for some alone time. Our 129 suites, many larger than New York City apartments, offer generous living space, including full kitchens and large vanities with Hollywood lighting, making them ideal for stays of a day, a week or much, much longer. Hotel Services Fee is $25 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: · $10 daily food and drink credit to our Cupboard or Corner Store* · Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Gardens Hotel New York City
- Affinia Gardens New York City