We went to NY for three nights and booked two rooms. By european standards, the rooms were huge. Both had two double (Queen size) beds with large bathrooms and small compact but well stocked kitchens. The hotel is in a quiet residential area between 2nd and 3rd Avenue but is only a 50yd walk from Taxis and Buses. We walked to Times Square in 30 minutes and Central Park in 15 mins.
The Hotel has no restaurant but will arrange for food to be delivered but it is expensive. Across the road is a small mexican restaurant that is good and cheap. However, the best aspect of this place is its staff. We were made to feel genuinely welcome by Sal, Pedro and Jennifer from the moment we arrived. Kris organised transport in advance for us from Newark and quite frankly nothing seemed to much trouble for them.
Bad points? None really but minor paint touchups in the bathroom would be welcome. Would I go back? In a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquil. Thoughtful. Private. Just right for a little alone time in NYC. Discreetly located on the Upper East Side on an intimate, tree-lined street, the Gardens NYC is the picture of Manhattan gentility. It's surrounded by world-class NYC shopping and Manhattan's famed museums, adding grace and charm to its locale. But guests find it's just right for a tranquil retreat. With such great in-room service, you can simply take to your hotel suite and escape for some alone time. Our 129 suites, many larger than New York City apartments, offer generous living space, including full kitchens and large vanities with Hollywood lighting, making them ideal for stays of a day, a week or much, much longer. Hotel Services Fee is $25 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: · $10 daily food and drink credit to our Cupboard or Corner Store* · Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Gardens Hotel New York City
- Affinia Gardens New York City