We really like the Affinia Hotels in NYC -- we stayed at the Affinia Dumont last year and tried the Affinia Gardens this time because of close proximity to Central Park. It is a great hotel with a unique complimentary tea bar. I would loved to have had one of the rooms/suites with a patio, but opted for less expensive one which was still wonderful -very spacious and nicely appointed. Really comfortable, quality beds. LOVE the fully equipped kitchen - nice size refrigerator - makes it great for mornings, snacks, lite lunch, etc. It was close to Central Park, but still a little bit farther walk than we thought. Very close to Bloomingdale's and other great shopping! Nice upscale neighborhood.
We were a little confused about "complimentary breakfast" - would have cost us $10.00 each so we opted out. Overheard someone else looking for the breakfast area - never saw it ??? The staff is very friendly and accommodating - they really try to help with directions, etc. but a couple of times they didn't know all the little details that can be helpful; eg; we wanted to go to Junior's Restaurant near the theatre where Lion King was playing, but they gave us the address for the one at Grand Central .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquil. Thoughtful. Private. Just right for a little alone time in NYC. Discreetly located on the Upper East Side on an intimate, tree-lined street, the Gardens NYC is the picture of Manhattan gentility. It's surrounded by world-class NYC shopping and Manhattan's famed museums, adding grace and charm to its locale. But guests find it's just right for a tranquil retreat. With such great in-room service, you can simply take to your hotel suite and escape for some alone time. Our 129 suites, many larger than New York City apartments, offer generous living space, including full kitchens and large vanities with Hollywood lighting, making them ideal for stays of a day, a week or much, much longer. Hotel Services Fee is $25 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: · $10 daily food and drink credit to our Cupboard or Corner Store* · Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Gardens Hotel New York City
- Affinia Gardens New York City