I almost wanted to put 3 stars for this hotel as actually it is very shabby, the reception staff are all grumpy and unfriendly. But, for the price we paid (just under £90.00 a night for 2) and the location it felt like good value in New York.
The rooms are small although wardrobe was a useful space with some drawers inside it. the bathroom was clean and the shower strong. There were several marks and scuffs over the walls and both bedside table lamps had broken shades, the heating was noisy but did work (important as it was freezing outside).
We found the bellboy/concerige really friendly, there were 2, Roy and someone else - they were both really nice to us. The reception staff though were distinctly unfriendly, in fact 1 girl gave a hard time to one of the bellboys in front of other people, quite embarrassing.
However, the location is great, moments from Grand Central Stations - 15 minutes walk from Times Square and Madison Gardens. Really close to 5th Avenue and Broadway so great for shopping. I'd recommend based on location and price but don't pay for Breakfast - go to dinners and shops around and don't expect to have a wonderful greeting or leaving..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of New York City, the NH New York Jolly Madison Towers combines Italian-inspired elegance with art deco charm and an array of modern comforts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, NHHotels, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your NH New York Jolly Madison Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Jolly Madison New York
- Jolly Hotel Madison Towers
- Jolly Madison New York
- Jolly Hotel New York
- Jolly Madison Hotel New York