NH New York Jolly Madison Towers
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$175
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$297
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$223
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$255
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$348
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$230
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Hotel Mela(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$189
  • Restaurant
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
Travelocity
2,807 results
All reviewsmoonstruck dinerthe empire state buildingtimes squaremadison avegrand centralbryant parkfew blockshotel is in a great locationaround the cornerbig applecorner roommacyssubwayjfkbroadway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The only reason i am not giving the hotel a 5 star is because they do not offer free wifi!
Other than that i can not fault this hotel one bit! Reception area is lovely and welcoming and the staff were brill! - rooms are clean and bathrooms really nice!
The location is perfect i would definitely stay at this hotel if i go back..
Recomended :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel C
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have recently returned from NYC, where I stayed at Jolly Madison for 10 nights.
They were brilliant when we arrived. I told them it was my birthday and got upgraded to a deluxe room at no extra cost. The room was wonderful, very clean and roomy. The bathroom had a lovely deep bath, just what is needed after a hard days touring.
I had read previous reviews and had been worried what to expect, but the hotel and staff were outstanding.
I would definitely recommend booking this hotel, very convenient to local attractions; Empire State, Times Square, Grand Central etc.
I would certainly stay there again if I ever travelled back to New York.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank teresa c
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed here for business in February for 4 nights. The room was adequate for my requirements. It was cited as a superior room, but unsure what the differences would be between levels. I presume the room size.
It was quite a sizeable room by NY standards, but the hotel & room were a little tired, and would benefit from a refurb. I was surprised to see that this hotel was part of the NH chain, as many of their European hotels offer a better quality of decor and comfort.
The room was noisy due to traffic noise, but I think this is the case with most NY hotels unless they have super double glazing.

The breakfast buffet was over priced, especially given the more affordable options close to the hotel, even with the $4 discount if you book in advance.
The wiFi costs were expensive, and even my check in clerk advised to go to coffee shops for their free wiFi than pay for their service.
When I attempted to buy a session the service kept kicking me out before I could even pay.

I had a problem at check out with their card machine unable to print my card receipt, this was solved eventually with a promise to email me the receipt, which they did.

Despite the hotels short comings it was in a nice safe and central location, and did the job for somewhere to rest at night. With so many lodging options with New York I probably won't return, but good to have experienced and add to the list of cheaper options.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great place and wonderful location. I felt like we were the only English speaking guests in the hotel. Great bathrooms and location however, tube televisions and mini bar are a bit dated. Once we realized it is a European chain hotel we understood the great price and habitants. Wonderful for price and location.

Room Tip: When you want to see NYC on the cheap. This is your place.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon S
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We got this hotel as part of a very good flight and hotel deal through Expedia. Due to the price, we didn't expect much and the hotel came down to our expectations. The location is ideal for exploring mid town and beyond (only a 5 minute walk to Grand Central Station) and there are plenty of bars and eating places nearby.

Although the hotel was clean, the decor on our floor (6th) and room was quite shabby and neglected. Tiles were coming off in the bathroom and holes could be seen where some appliance or other had been removed from the walls. The bed was a king size and just adequate, clean sheets, but a repair on the bedspread. We stayed a week and the room was serviced each day and fresh towels were available, if required.

The main gripes have been mentioned in previous reviews - old, out of date t.v.s with awful picture, no tea or coffee making facilities and no free wi-fi. In fact we couldn't get the wifi to work due, in the staff's opinion, because it was a holiday and very busy. If you want free wi-fi, go to Dunkin' Doughnuts opposite and buy a coffee (or stand outside, as we did!).

The room was quite noisy, as we faced Madison Avenue, but you expect that in NYC, so we took earplugs! We didn't do breakfast as the recommended Moonstruck diner opposite has an excellent brunch menu and reasonable prices.

The staff were pretty good. The chambermaids were pleasant and the desk staff were helpful when necessary (they sent engineer up to room to try to fix TV, sent up extra pillow and phoned airport shuttle to confirm our reservation).

Overall an average hotel in an excellent location and I would recommend it if the price is reasonable or if they update their facilities.

Room Tip: Avoid 4th floor as this is where the ice machine room is and could have a high footfall.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple