My travel group (of 4 women) picked the Jolly Madison based on a decent location and the price. It was the cheaper of the hotels in the midtown part of Manhattan. Though the hotel wasn't necessarily the cleanest or most updated, it was comfortable. The rooms were much bigger than I was expecting. We arrived via a shuttle to Grand Central Station and walked the 4 blocks to the hotel. (We jumped on a shuttle service that was no way affiliated with the hotel and regretted the ride) We weren't able to check in but the concierge stored our bags for us and the front desk suggested we grab lunch at the end of the block at the Moonstruck Cafe. We arrived back later that night and there was some mix up with our booking but was easily resolved by upgrading our rooms at no extra cost from twin beds to doubles in one room and a king suite in the other. Our only request we made was that the rooms be relatively close. We were all on the same floor. Being that we weren't used to city noises, we could definitely hear all of the sirens, horns and trucks driving by most of the night. We came prepared though with earplugs. The first night was the worst but every night after we had been so tired from touring the city that none of us heard noise. One day we were surprised that a parade was staging right outside our hotel. We opened our hotel windows and were listening to the marching bands from a few stories up.
The staff was very knowledgeable about restaurants, transportation and advice on what to see and how long to expect waits and distances to sights. We weren't looking for any sort of perks to the room. We were mostly there to just sleep and shower. We appreciated the bag drop and the location above all else. The beds were very firm and there wasn't much for actual bedding but there were extra blankets in our closet. We didn't use the TV or the mini fridge.
On our departure the concierge arranged for us to take a town car to the airport for $78 (we paid $16pp on the crappy shuttle in to the city so we were more than willing to take a nice car ride for $20pp) When we arrived back at the hotel to retrieve our luggage, we had a limo waiting instead. We were pretty excited to ride in style for the same price of a town car. I really felt like the staff took care of us while we stayed. When it comes to just needing a place to sleep and feel like you are in a secure and friendly place, this was totally worth the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of New York City, the NH New York Jolly Madison Towers combines Italian-inspired elegance with art deco charm and an array of modern comforts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, NHHotels, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Southall Travel, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your NH New York Jolly Madison Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Jolly Madison New York
- Jolly Hotel Madison Towers
- Jolly Madison New York
- Jolly Hotel New York
- Jolly Madison Hotel New York