“Better this visit!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Better this visit!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had stayed at the Marriott East Side before and was disappointed with the room (dark, small, ripped bedding). This time the room (2103) was quite large, nice and bright and the bathroom and products were nice as was the coffee/tea storage. The only downside was upon our arrival I noticed a desk that indicated Elite members here - I approached and was rebuffed by the desk clerk - she wasn't ready and there was a line (no line - one man awaiting a desk clerk in front). Felt quite foolish by the rebuke. Also, restaurant needs an update, food is limited and need a late night menu (croissants, scones, some lite fare). Was approached by a manager/assistant manager one night while awaiting some coffee and tea. Very nice! Our check in/check out was 4/23/2014 and 4/24/2014.

Room Tip: Ask for a bright, light room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Starfishgirl78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Nice hotel, but the room was tiny. The room was nice, but for the location and price I just expected it to me nicer. Room was ready early, which was a blessing. Staff was nice. Walking distance to many things.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rae525, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to show all of our guests an exceptional experience. I'm sorry the room wasn't the size you were looking for. They are cozy and classic to represent our East Side location. We really value your feedback and I'd like to pass this along to our team.

Thank you!
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 29 April 2014

It was a pleasurable stay at Marriott East Side. My daughter and I were coming in NYC for an audition and they allowed us to check in super early, 7a. What a great relief to get rest and ready before the audition. Thank you, Marriott!
Our room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stay at Marriott because it is usually reliably high quality from one hotel to another. I was disappointed with Marriott east. We needed to switch rooms initially because the first room backed up to the elevator banks! The second room was small, no light in the closet, and toilet supplies,coffee cups were not replaced. The cable reception was spotty. The lobby decor was dated. On the positive side, the staff was excellent and very helpful given that my complaints are beyond their individual control. The location is excellent.
These deficiencies ought to be easily correctable

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hschub
Dear Hschub,

Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to apologize for having disappointed you. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service and our classic East Side location. We really value your feedback and are in the process of modifying our rooms, decor and some of the many other out dated features of our hotel. You're correct; they are easily fixable and hopefully the next time you decide to come to NYC we will be refreshed!
Slingerlands, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I just love this place! Normally when I stay in New York it's a Courtyard Fairfield etc. because the Marriott Eastside is priced out of my range. I do always check and luckily for this stay it was in line.

Location is perfect, at least for
me. It is on the east side, away from a lot of the noise and crowds but easily accessible. There are tons of restaurants
within easy walking distance.

The hotel is best described as
stately. There is a uniformed doorman out front, and the architecture is old and impressive. The staff is always friendly, the lobby is addicted out in red carpet and wood. You feel like you're arriving at a classy establishment, very
different from typical chain hotel.

The rooms can be variable. Understand had a corner room, high up with a nice view of the
Chrysler building. The room for me was large by New York standards clean and
comfortable with a shower and tub. It was very quiet.

I had concierge lounge access for breakfast, which was great selection of eggs other hot
items as well as cold.

This is a great choice for those coming to New York and wanting a special experience
but not wanting to pay $500 a day.

I guess you can tell I like it here!

• Stayed April 2014
Palm Coast, Florida, USA
Reviewed 28 April 2014

A "girls weekend" of shopping, walking, sight-seeing and fun, staying in this hotel was perfect. One flew in, now came by train, and we met up at the Marriott. Our room was ready early, a blessing (it always is). The maids are fast, efficient and the bell captain always seems to have cabs at his fingertips, the 525 Lex (bar and light restaurant off the lobby) is perfect if you are foot weary and don't feel like slogging out for a bite but feel like you are not lazy enough for room service.. A great place, our favorite to return to frequently.

Room Tip: As for a room up near the top for a better nights sleep, the higher you are, the quieter it is.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014

At my daughters request, we took a trip to NY for her spring break (she is not quite 8 so this was surprising). I had called a month prior to request a room on a high floor with a view however, apparently the request wasn't relayed correctly (7th floor, no view right next to the noisy elevator). The 2nd night I requested to be moved and my request was granted in a BIG way!! We were moved to room 3207 which had 3 windows and a breathtaking view of the Chrysler Building.
The staff, room cleanliness and surrounding area was fantastic and I will definitely be returning soon!!

• Stayed April 2014