Let me start off by saying that we know NY hotels (and almost everything) is completely overpriced! But for the price that we paid for this Marriott we expected much much more. Marriott hotels are usually nice and clean with friendly staff. Well, not this one.
As soon as we walked into the lobby of the hotel it smelled terrible, disgusting and overpowering! It was one of the most repulsive and revolting smells ever! The bellman informed us that it was the sewage smell because it had been raining so much it was overflowing. That should be enough of a reason for me to never recommend this hotel right? Nope…there is more. Imagine smelling that your whole stay in this overpriced “luxury” hotel. When we went to the front desk the two clerks all had attitude problems. They saw me standing there, stared at and looked at me like I was crazy. They we so rude and ill-mannered and knew nothing of customer service. Finally another woman asked if we needed help and checked us in. Our room was not ready (and it was 4:00 which is check-in time) so we had to wait another 3 hours when they said it would be ready in 30 mins.
When we got to our room the smell was in the hallway and a little in the room (on the 8th floor). I was so irritated but too tired to try to switch hotels or make a fuss. The carpet was dingy and definitely needed something on my feet to walk on it. Did I mention noisy rooms? Yes it felt like the people in the hallway talking at 6am were sleeping in the bed with you! The only plus to this hotel was the location. This hotel was definitely not worth the money. Stay somewhere else!
1) Ghastly smell
2) Terrible customer service
3) Dirty carpet
4) Loud rooms
5) No room service
6) No mini bar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in Midtown Manhattan, the New York Marriott East Side features spacious guestrooms and suites, a state-of-the-art health club, a stylish concierge lounge and flexible event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Marriott, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your New York Marriott East Side reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New York Marriott East Side Hotel New York City
- Marriott New York City
- New York City Marriott
- Marriott East Side