“Nice for a quick visit..........”

New York Marriott Downtown
Ranked #194 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here for a boat show weekend with 2 other couples. Standard Marriott with the usual amenities. Next door to the Freedom Tower and 911 memorial, which is a must do especially if you are a New Yorker and knew someone lost in the towers. Also close to many downtown restaurants. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Aileen G, Manager at New York Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the New York Marriott Downtown and were able to visit the 9/11 Memorial.

Hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for New York Marriott Downtown

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here with my family for two nights and we had a great stay. The room was your standard NYC hotel room, clean, comfy beds, and as my brother pointed out "not a lot of room for activities." We were literally just in the room to sleep, and spent all of our time out exploring the city. There was a subway stop two minutes walk away, making it very easy to go wherever we wanted to in the city.
We had breakfast both days at George's, a diner style restaurant, a minute from the subway station, which was good value, and did a nice breakfast.
Overall, if you don't feel the need to be on the doorstep of Times Square, this is a really great choice. It's good value, has nice rooms and friendly & helpful staff.
I'd definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up, you can see the Statue of Liberty!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Aileen G, Manager at New York Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for you feedback. I hope you had an exciting time exploring the city. George’s is one of my favorite breakfast spots around the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed it too. Hope you ordered the waffles they are terrific.

Hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The Marriott is not huge, but the staff was incredibly gracious and helpful. I went to ask them about the hours of the 9/11 Memorial (which is literally right next door) and they handed me two tickets. When we checked in, they gave my daughter a teddy bear. I find that when a company pleasantly surprises you, it makes for a very positive experience. While the rooms are a bit small, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rat-ta-too

Thank you for your wonderful comment. Our staff works hard to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay. I am glad to see that you and your family enjoyed your time in NYC. I hope you were able to take advantage of the 9/11 Memorial tickets. I truly appreciate your comment “I find that when a company pleasantly surprises you, it makes for a very positive experience.” We have made sure to share your comment with our staff.

Hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very nice hotel, in a place near of everything, and some rooms with a fantastic view of the Staue of Liberty, The restaurant was in maintenance, due to the hurricane some month before, therefore I can't evaluate it. Next time in New York I'll comeback to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for Staue of Liberty view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comment. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the New York Marriott Downtown. It looks like you visited us post Hurricane Sandy. I am pleased to announce that last summer we opened a new restaurant called Bill’s Bar and Burger Restaurant. Please feel free to visit us again and try our restaurant .

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Once you step inside the hotel, you know you are in a first class Marriott hotel and the history around it just gives life to the whole NYC experience. Steps away from Ground Zero and minutes away from Wallstreet and the Financial District. The staff there is very accommodating and views are spectacular. Will visit again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zuzana B
Aileen G, Manager at New York Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you for your kind response. I am so happy that we were able to provide you with our Brilliant Service. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in the Financial District.

Hope you visit us again!

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here couple of years ago as part of our honeymoon. Only reviewing now as not a member then. So apologies if anything is different. We arrived at night and were given a friendly greeting including the offer of cookies and complimentary drinks to the room. We explained that we were non drinkers and not a problem. A large selection of soft drinks and milk arrived. We were on floor thirty something and what a view. We could see statue of liberty and a walk into the outer hall and views down into the 9/11 site. Hotel room nice with comfy bed. Located in the financial district and wall st and battery park all easy walking. 9/11 memorial a few streets to the rear and subway close by which is great for the rest of the city. This hotel is great value compared to similar hotels nearer times square. Highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Simon D
Aileen G, Manager at New York Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to read about how our associates went above and beyond to assist your needs. What a nice treat that must have been!

I hope you had a memorable Honeymoon!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was chaperoning a group of teenage choir members for a weekend and we stayed at the Marriott. We were a big group, 94, and filled up various parts of the Marriott at times. The Marriott was extremely accommodating and handled the crowd with ease. The rooms are very nice and many had great views of the Hudson, Freedom Tower, Statue of Liberty, etc. The restaurant was great also, and served our group quickly with very good food. The location is also close to most subway lines, so even though much of what I wanted to do was not downtown, getting there was easy from this location. Overall, the people working there made the difference, but the property is nice and modern also.

Room Tip: The views facing south and west are best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian R

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am glad that your group had a fun weekend in NYC. I really appreciate your comment about the staff making a difference. We try to instill this spirit throughout the hotel and truly live Mr. Marriott’s motto of putting people first.

I hope you had a nice time seeing the choir perform at Carnegie Hall. What an amazing experience that must have been!

Kind Regards,