New York Marriott Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
World Center Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
W New York - Downtown(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Wagner at the Battery(New York City)
  • Room Service
1,920 results
All reviewsstatue of libertybattery parkthe financial districtwall streetrector streetthe concierge loungehudson riverellis islandlower manhattannew yorkfreedom towertrinity churchthe world trade centermemorial siteground zerocab ridebusiness hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First of all your makeshift gym was really embarrassing. Many business travelers like myself need a workout facility to stay in shape. You need to advertise that your gym is shut down, or provide a guest pass to a local gym. Location in lower Manhattan is awesome, but staff was very uninterested. Concierge lounge very nice and good/fresh selections. Overall an average overpriced hotel that happens to be in one hellva good location. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Millennium Hilton just a few blocks away-

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Mark C, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are very excited to have our new state of the art fitness center open this August 2014. Unfortunatley until this opens we have our temporary fitness center. We know it does not compare to what is to come and I am very sorry you were dissapointed with the temporary faciliy.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My friend and I enjoyed our May 22-24th stay at this hotel very much. The staff (Maria at front desk, Idris and Jay at bell service/front door and our room attendant) was very friendly and super helpful. The room rates were reasonable. The rooms were incredibly clean ane we had a riverview room. I loved the location with great access to Battery Park, great food and bars and close subway stations.
I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, I will be returning in September with my daughter for her 16th birthday and we will be staying here!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Aileen G, Manager at New York Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to see that our staff was able to make your stay brilliant. I will make sure that these associates are recognized.

We will see you in September.

Regards,
Aileen

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is really nice located in downtown New York. I went with my husban for some days and had a weird experience, because the rooms were really comfortable, the pillows were so soft. But, the attitude of the staff in the lobby was one of the worst ones. They only ansered with yes or no, and dind´t try to help when we needed a taxi or to recommend a nice restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel and location. I am very distressed about your experience with staff in the lobby. This trully is a weird experience as our staff is extremely friendly and always willing to help all guests with directions or suggestions to for sight seeing. Please acdept my sincere apologies you did not experience this. We hope you will give us another chance to make this up to you.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had we left before 8:30 AM, I probably would have given this hotel a better rating. Unfortunately we had a late flight and were subjected to construction noise (drilling?) in the adjoining room waking us around 8:30 AM!!! Inconsiderate of the hotel management to say the least.
On a positive note, the hotel is very well located just a short walk to the 911 Memorial and Battery Park. The staff was friendly and helpful. We asked for early check in and were able to check in at 10:30 AM. The room was small, but adequate. Nice bedding and a comfortable chair. I do wish hotels would give you two luggage racks. The room faced another building and was somewhat dark without all the light on.
We ate in the hotel restaurant and the food was good and priced fairly. Good bar selection.
All in all, the hotel great until the drilling started.

Room Tip: Room 707 is dark with no view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for giving us this great feedback. I apologize for the inconcenience with noise due to the renovation of our fitness center. 8:30am does seem very early to have noise such as this disturbing our guests. Thank you for the nice comments about our staff! We really do have a very friendly staff who love to serve our guests. We hope that you will visit us again soon to experience our state of the art fitness center with 2,050 square feet of optimum exercise space.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here over Memorial Day Weekend and found the hotel and location to be ideal. Very close and convenient to Battery Park and walkway beside the Hudson. Extremely helpful and courteous staff, extremely clean and accommodating. I requested foam pillows and robe in advance and they were both waiting in my room. Definitely will stay here again. The location allowed me to be in the city while also enjoying a lot of open space, parks, and restaurants.

Room Tip: River view is quite nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to see that we were able to make your stay brilliant. You as many of our other guests have discovered that we are a terrific location to be in NYC but at the same time for it not to feel like it is NYC.

Please visit us again!