“Great location to Time Square”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #282 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed at the Millenium Premeire for 2 nights. The room was very spacious modern and had a great wall to wall city view including partial view of Time Square. Our room included an evening cocktail hour and continental breakfast, both very nicely done. Food was delicious. Very highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Millennium Broadway New York Times Square

Reviewed 4 September 2012

First let me start by saying this is not the type of hotel I would book for myself, but travelled with a group of friends who arranged everything. Got a very good flight/hotel deal with expedia, but if I had to pay the rates quoted on the Millennnium website I would have been very disappointed with what I got for my money. Room had 2 double beds, which to be fair were comfortable, but the carpet had stains on it, walls had marks on them, and the room has an old look and just had the feel of eveything starting to fray around the edges.Also no coffee machine in the room, which was annoying.I know there is a Starbucks next door, but you have to pay for your coffee in Starbucks,and if I had paid the full rate for the room then I would want a free cup of coffee included. Had no problem with the wait for the elevators, and the staff I dealt with were all polite. Reception and lobby are very dark (lot of black) and not inviting like most hotel lobbys are. Was not a fan of being so close to Times Sq, and the Millennium is just steps away, but if you want to be close to the lights and action then it ticks that box. If you get a good deal and your expectations are not that high, then should be ok, but if not then look around for much better/modern hotels away from Times Sq.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I recently took my wife to a weekend in NY. We booked a $300 room at the Millennium to be close to the action. This was the worse place I have been too in a long time. I have seen my fair share of hotels and this place was a dump. The service was terrible. After trying to sell as an extremely stinky room as a non smoking room we ended up in a room were the wall paper peeled of the walls, unbelievably bad bath room and when complaining about this they just turned us away saying that we paid for the reservation not for the room type. The bar food was very poor as well. Overall this was more like a $40 room in some trashy small town and very bad service on top. I suggest you stay away from this place

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Thomas_RBoston
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,
Joseph

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Great location, generally pleasant staff, rooms fine and comfortable. I can't add to what others have said other than to share one experience. After consuming a bit too much wine awaiting a friend in a bar, I left my iphone on the bar table (my fault). The bar was empty and it was late, so I'm assuming the wait staff got to the table before anyone else saw it and I never saw the phone again. When I checked "find my iphone" the phone was in Queens within a few hours. Security was great . . . the director Anthony D'Alessio even reviewed all the security video (two hours plus!) to see if he could id whoever pocketed the phone. He was unable to tell based on the camera angle, but gave it a try. It it was a staff person who found the phone (the likely situation but not definite) it is disappointing that the culture doesn't build the expectation that "found" items are turned in -- but I appreciate the responsiveness of the security team. One advantage to the location - I was steps to an AT&T store and could by a cheapo phone to keep me in touch while traveling until I could replace the phone through my insurance.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This hotel suffers greatly from setting up too high an expectation. If it is categorized as a 3 or 3.5 stars, it would get a much better review from me. By being in a 4 star class, it became some kind of a false advertisement. The room is large by New York standard but a bit outdated with some molds in bathroom and small but visible signs of wear and tear throughout. Everything still functions well though. There are mini bar, security safe, big flat screen TV, and WiFi internet (for a fee). The lobby has free WiFi. There is no coffee machine in room. The bed is very comfortable with high quality beddings. The lobby is large but check-in and check-out can take some time since it is an enormous hotel with so many guests. I saw many flight crews staying there also. The elevator bank can get pretty busy at times. On the second day, one of the elevators was out of service and there was a long delay trying to get down seeing one jam packed elevator after another going by and couldn't get on. Location is terrific near Times Square and high floors can get some nice views. Our room on 31st floor has a view of the famous New Year's Eve ball. I didn't realize it is illuminated all year round. I took several cool pictures of it. For the priceline rate of about $180 per night, this hotel is perfectly fine for NYC. I wouldn't pay too much more for the condition it's in.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CliveNYC
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We just returned from a three-night stay at the Millennium Hotel Broadway where we have stayed on several occasions. Location is great, staff is helpful and friendly, room is a good size, price was right (average of $227.00 per night before taxes for a k/s room). We had reserved two rooms. My daughter was pleased with her corner room on the 21st floor, however we have a couple of complaints about our room 1604. It smelled musty and the previous client's toiletry bag was left behind in the bathroom along with two dirty drinking glasses which we gave to the bellman. He promptly replaced them for us. The cold water from the sink faucet came out in a trickle. We advised housekeeping of the problem who said it would be taken care of however, when we left on Thursday morning, it had still not been fixed. The rooms are tired looking and could use some TLC.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthia K
Reviewed 31 August 2012

The location for this hotel cannot be beat if you are looking for Times Square (although if you don't like crowds, Times Square is not the right location for you!). This hotel is literally steps from the corner of Toys R Us and ABC (Good Morning America). We were able to walk out of our hotel in the morning and watch GMA taping and see the hosts and guests - it was great! A 10 minute walk in the other direction and we were enjoying a Today Show Friday morning concert. A 15 minute walk to Central Park. Subway is around the corner. Fabulous location.

The hotel itself is decent. It is clean and the room size fine for New York. Our room on the 39th floor had a fabulous Times Square view. The room shows the wear and tear and it is evident that a renovation is needed soon. Having said this, it was clean and comfortable just not up to a four star standard. As for the staff I found them generally helpful and pleasant. The concierge, while she tried to be helpful I found some of the information she provided not very accurate and so preferred to figure things out (re directions) on my own or ask someone on the street. This was probably the only diappointing thing about the hotel as we have previously relied heavily on our concierge's for tips, directions etc. Overall I would stay here again if going to New York with my kids because they loved Times Square and at $200 / night the price was great for the location. I wouldn't pay much more than this and if travelling on our own, my husband and I preferred our previous location off Lexington (Waldorf Astoria/Hotel Benjamin location).

There are numerous restaurants in the area. Carmines (also on 44th street) was great family style Italian food at a reasonable price.

If the price is okay, this is not a bad choice especially if you are not spending a lot of time in the hotel itself.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family