“Just in the middle of everything!”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #277 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Mexico city
“Just in the middle of everything!”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed for 6 days and I can say that no complains at all, the place is clean and best of all the rooms are big for NY standard, front desk and concierge really helpful except for the doormen, they see you coming with a stroller, bags or whatever gives you a hard time pushing those heavy side doors and not a single effort to at least give you a hand…. besides that everything is recommendable, the location is literally just few steps from Time Squares, few blocks from Rockefeller Center, theaters, Hell´s Kitchen, Metro, no problem coming back there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (938)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Other reviews have mentioned a number of problems with this hotel, but except for one minor glitch, our experience was great. My husband, son and I stayed for three days so we could check out some shows. The location, of course, was ideal - we were able to walk everywhere, there were plenty of restaurants nearby, and it really felt like we were in the heart of NYC. It's right next door to the giant Toys R Us - a bonus if you have kids.

The beds were comfy and our room was surprisingly large - enough room for two arm chairs and floor space to stretch in the morning. The air conditioner worked perfectly and was very quiet. We were up on the 33rd floor and the view was great. We had no problems with noise from the hallway or other rooms, and I'm sensitive to that sort of thing. Our room was very clean and had plenty of little bath amentities replenished each day. Check-in was fast and friendly. We didn't eat in the restaurant since there were so many other places to eat. Cell service was spotty, but we were up pretty high.

Our only glitch was when we called in advance to confirm we had a room with two queens or doubles, we were told they had us booked for a king. They offered to put a rollaway in the room for our son. It was completely set up when we arrived and my son said it was really comfortable. So - be sure to call ahead and confirm your reservation. We would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cpez3
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Took my Mother to NY for the weekend and chose "Millenuim Hotel Broadway" for its close proximity to Time Square. My Mother loves the hussle and bussle of the square and this hotel is a stones throw from all the action but what a dump. The walls were so paper thin that you could literally hear the conversation of the guests in the next room. Requested robes to be sent up to our room and finally after 3 hours when they still hadn't arrived I called housekeeping only to get hung up on. The staff were lazy, rude and unprofessional except for the kind maintenance man who had to to come up to our room twice to fix the clogged shower during our 2 night stay. Striking this one off of my list.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank sharons103
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, 18 October 2016
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I am the new general manager of the hotel and I want to personally apologize and see how we can make the hotel better for future stays. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,
Joseph
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2012

As with most reviews for this hotel I will repeat that the location is perfect! Not just for those that want to stay central to the theatre district but the subway stations nearby offer a great selection of lines for those that want to a further out.
Considering that it is located only half a street away from times square the price was very reasonable.
The rooms were very clean and the maids visited every day. The weather in New York was very hot and muggy during our stay but the air conditioning was a good send to help cool of when we got back to our room in the evenings.
The concierge and front desk were always helpful with any questions or requests that we had but with the amount of people staying in the hotel there were times when there was a queue to talk to them.
We didnt eat in the restaurant because we like the idea of stumbling upon somewhere when we were wondering around but it did seem a bit overpriced to be honest.
Overall though this was an excellant choice of hotel and would definately good back there again if we were to return to New York again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GeordieMaggott
Atlanta
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I had a great experience at this hotel this week. The location is perfect. I did not experience any of the problems mentioned in the other reviews. Concierge and front desk were very helpful. Our room was a bit rundown and dated, but clean and changed quickly each day. Rooms were quiet. I got a great rate through priceline and for the price I have absolutely no complaints. I did not eat in the hotel or have room service so I cannot rate these areas.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor with a view of times square.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Vestal, New York
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The best thing about this hotel was the location. It was fantastic, half a block from Times Square.

When we checked in there was one clerk working and the line was around 20 people. Front desk was curt at best. Went to our room and were surprised at the quality for the price we paid. Bed was rock hard. I mean rock hard. Duvet was old and not very plush at all and had no cover. The room smelled terrible and the toilet was clogged. Had to have maintenance up first thing. They did come pretty quickly so that was good. We stayed over Labor Day weekend and our first night was terrible. The bed was so hard we woke up sore the next morning. I woke up usually once an hour because I was uncomfortable. The next night we slept on top of the duvet and covered up with a spare blanket. Not ideal but allowed us to sleep a little better.

We woke up to a piece of paper slipped under our door and we had been charged for the entire mini bar contents, which we didn't use. Apparently there are sensors and they got jostled and it seemed to them that we cleaned it out. My husband called the desk and they took care of it. Upon check out we asked to make sure we weren't charged and this clerk acted impatient and did check but was again, very curt.

I would never classify this as a four star hotel. Perhaps some rooms are different but we paid for a deluxe room and not a standard. The decor and furniture were old, the linens were worn and the floor probably would have been more comfortable to sleep in. Much of the staff treated us like an inconvenience to their day. The housekeeper was very nice and helpful however.

This was the worst "four star" hotel I have ever stayed in. It was nowhere close to four stars. Lower the price to about half and it would still not be worth the price because of the brick of a bed. Locatiom is great but don't expect to be treated like a welcome guest.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank alohahoneypie

Regards,
Joseph
Idyllwild, California
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The Millennium Hotel has a perfect location for those who want to be in the heart of the city's theater district. Our room was on the 33rd floor and commanded a great view. The room was not huge but not tiny either. It was comfortable, and the air conditioning worked very well during the hot, humid days of late August. The staff were all pleasant and courteous, and the hotel was very clean. The rooms are not cheap, but neither is anything else in that location! We easily walked to theaters and restaurants, and I was happy to find a Starbucks right next door! I would stay here again on future trips to NYC.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for great views of the Times Square area.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends