“good deal, location”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #282 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The Millennium Hotel was conveniently located in the heart of Broadway and close to theaters and great restaurants next door. I had heard about the hotel, but I didn't expect it to be as clean and comfortable as it was. The indoor hallway connects from 44th street to 45 street and one can bypass the crowds on Seventh Avenue.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have views of lower Manhattan.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Millennium Broadway New York Times Square

Reviewed 28 December 2013

With just two weeks before our two day holiday travel, we booked two rooms through Kayak for The Millennium. Location on W 44th was very close to the theaters, and just steps from Times Square. Prices in NYC are extraordinary, so to call this a bargain is unfair. But the rooms were clean, adequate space, and nice views. Lobby area was crazy busy when we checked in, and staff was a touch overwhelmed with incoming bags, but they did their best and was appreciated.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This was my second visit to New York and this hotel,the first stay on 26th Nov 2011 with a friend and we had such a fabulous time I booked the same hotel for my Ruby wedding anniversary on 26th Nov of this year both stays were for five nights. My only slight disappointment was after going on and on to my husband about how fantastic the hotel was we were in a smaller room very close to the lifts and a fair amount of noise with people talking and banging doors closed very late at night which was not such a problem for me but he is a very light sleeper. Other than this the hotel was much as I remembered it. We .arrived around 11pm so reception was quiet,no waiting around straight up to our room,our stay was over thanksgiving so the hotel was full but we didn't have any problems when using the lifts,the rooms are comfortable and even though our room was smaller it was still more than adequate,if you study the rooms hard they do look a bit tired I wish I had taken slippers as the carpet wasn't very clean for bare feet but it must be difficult to keep clean with the amount of people that pass through especially that time of year and there were a few rusty looking marks were water had dripped in the bath room but overall it was fine,I didn't intend being in the room other than to shower and sleep. I found all the staff to be friendly especially at the concierge desk and Gloria I remembered from my first visit such a lovely lady,she tried to help my husband with setting up wifi but it just would not work and that was a very big issue for him as he works for himself so he's always still working whenever we go away,we eventually found a few spots close by and Starbucks are always good. I would love to go back to New York Nov 2014 and if I do I won't hesitate to book this hotel again the location itself makes it worth it

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and other travelers. We apologize for some of the inconveniences you experienced during your most recent visit. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I would like to follow up on some of these concerns to ensure they are well taken care of. Also, if you plan on booking your future visit to NYC with our hotel I would be more than happy to put in a request that you prefer a room away from the elevators and we will do our best to accommodate you. Gloria is great and she is always willing to do her best to assist all of our guests with anything they may need. I apologize for the inconveniences with the Wi-Fi. We have updated this recently and you should see an improvement during your next visit. Please contact me at Emily.Rodriguez@millenniumhotels.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached so that I can follow-up on the concerns you mentioned. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Emily

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over Christmas. Excellent service, polite friendly staff, good food in the lounge downstairs and staying on the 49th floor, amazing view of the chrystler tower. Will be going back. Good value for money!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Finkadoodle
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel tired looking in communal areas. Room/bathroom just about clean but not to a high standard. Reported lamp not working in room to Reception but no one came to fix it during our stay and were not very helpful or interested when we did report fault.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank JulieJack2013
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed here for the first time over Christmas. Someone had told us of the hotel and that is was a good location and a nice place so we gave it a shot. I was not impressed when we arrived as only one bellman was working and there were multiple people checking in so no one to assist with the luggage. The gentleman also proceeded to tell me how he was alone and there were several others ahead of me - he was not nice. My husband and I also waited about 20 minutes to check-in as the hotel was busy and I was getting an uneasy felling, but Conrad assisted us and was very helpful and genuinely friendly. He made me feel welcome and I was impressed. He said we had a nice room and when we arrived to 4701 it was beautiful. The view was spectacular and it was quiet. The hotel has entrances on 45th and 46th so it is conveniently located and was easy for us to navigate through Times Square and everywhere we wanted to go. The Italian restaurant next door, Bond 45 has a wonderful breakfast and the mascarpone French toast is amazing! We ordered room service and was told it would be 30 minutes, but it arrived in about 15 minutes and everything was delicious. The pretzels and mac & cheese were my favorites - but the apple dessert was yummy too. When we checked out I asked how busy the hotel was and she told me they were full, all 750 rooms. It was quiet and we had no problems - so we rebooked for a week in 2014 and hope we get the same room again!

Room Tip: The higher floors have amazing views
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hotel_Lady

Thank you for your 5 star review. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us however I was concerned to hear about your experience upon check-in. It’s great to know that Conrad was able to assist and ensure you had a great experience. I would like to follow up on what happened the day of your arrival. Please contact me at Emily.rodriguez@millenniumhotels.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back in 2014.

Kind Regards,
Emily

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is an excellent spot. It is in short walking distance of the attractions most people are looking for. The lobby area and concierge services were very nice. People were friendly and professional. The room was comfortable. A fee things needing repair, but nothing major. When you consider what city you are staying in and how central this hotel is we would say it was the best value for the money. Also, there is a Starbucks just outside of the North exit of the hotel! : )

You will enjoy this place!!

Stayed: November 2013