My husband and I booked the Millennium after receiving a deal from TravelZoo. We had tickets to the Rangers game last night and figured we'd make a fun overnight out of our trip to the city.
We drove in and it took about 5 minutes for a valet to come out and greet us. When we walked in to the desk to check in, the man at the desk asked for our name and a credit card. He asked us to sign a piece of paper and then handed us our keys. He never explained what floor we were on, how to get to the elevators, etc. Luckily my husband and I figured it out, but we have stayed at lower class hotels with better front desk service.
Room was great. No view, but we didn't pay for one. We were on the back sides and it was amazingly quiet for NYC. Blackout curtains are a nice touch.
When we returned from the game last night one of the front desk men on duty was using the f-word and when I looked at him, he just smiled as if he hadn't just used that word describing a situation.
Needless to say, I'm not impressed. Other than location, I'd go elsewhere if you're looking for service. You can't beat the location, but I'd pay more money next time to avoid the Millennium.
As a note, my husband and I are young and not business travelers and I'm wondering if that accounts for the lack of service and professionalism we received. Regardless we've never had a similar problem at other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New York is the city that never sleeps. In the center of it all, Millennium Broadway Hotel New York is located in the heart of Times Square giving guests a front row seat to all of the endless action and constant excitement. We cater to both leisure and business travelers and is why we are preferred choice for a New York City hotel. We boast a welcoming, multi-lingual cast and crew, 626 thoughtfully appointed rooms, a 24/7 fitness center and complimentary Wi-Fi. In addition, our meeting and event facilities are second to none. Featuring 64,000 sq ft (5,945 sq m) of flexible meeting space, we are the only hotel in the city accredited by the International Association of Conference Centers. Discover our world and experience an iconic visit to NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Millennium Broadway New York Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Hotel New York City
- Millennium Broadway Hotel
- Millenium Hotel Nyc
- Millenium Hotel New York