“Excellent location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #278 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Kopavogur, Iceland
“Excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great location, nice rooms, and extremely friendly staff. Room was not new but still had everything in order and was very clean. The service from all staff was to the highest standard, especially at the check in. I highly recommend this hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (909)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just returned from a wonderful long weekend in New York city with a group of 10. The group sales staff was so easy to work with!
The hotel is in a terrific location (Times Square) and so convenient to the subways. making sightseeing in this great city a breeze.
Hotel staff members were very accommodating, rooms were clean. One member of the group had a slight issue requiring repair; it was done immediately upon being reported.
We did a happy hour with appetizers; the food was excellent - a great value!
Looking forward to another trip this fall to New York and will definitely stay here again.
Try the little deli across the street (on the 44th Street side) - great option for a very reasonable breakfast!

Room Tip: Each room has view of the city! Rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mary C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Wonderful trip to New York, this place was great, staff was friendly and helpful! We had an issue with the room safe and it was fixed immediately! I would definitely stay here again! The location was perfect could not beat it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley W
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I booked 3 rooms for my family which included 1 room for my 87 year old parents. I requested the rooms be near each other but they didn't have to be adjoining. Check-in was supposed to be at 4 PM but my room was not ready until 4:45. This meant my parents had no time to rest after our long drive before rushing out to dinner and our show. When I kept checking on the room at 4, 4:15, and 4:30, the staff (including the manager) was very rude and uncaring. They said it was my fault for having 3 rooms and requesting they be near each other. Nobody ever told me that this request would hold up my check-in. I asked for a discount or a small credit in the restaurant for my trouble and they refused. I will never go back to this hotel. And I suggest that nobody else does either until the staff starts to care about their customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JulieAnne B
Cordell N, Front Office Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Greetings JulieAnne B,

Let me start by saying I am deeply sorry for the inconveniences you have had while staying with us, especially travelling with your parents who were very tired upon your arrival.

We try very hard to honor all of our guest’s requests, but sometimes we are unable to do so in a timely manner due to lack of availability. Nonetheless there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for the rudeness you experienced and lack of follow up on our part.

Please reach out to me personally so we can properly fix this situation and hopefully we can make plans for you to say with us again in the future.

Cordell Nelson
Front Office Manager
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I treated my sister and myself to Christmas shopping in New York, the hotel was a great disappointment I had booked a twin bedded room but they had us in a double which they did rectify. The room was in great need of upgrading the carpet was stained and should have been replaced long since. The Public areas were elegant and worth 4 stars as were the lifts.The staff were very capable and the location was excellent within easy reach of all the places we wanted to visit

Room Tip: Higher floors are better but check on line before departure
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Essex Fells, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

if your looking for a hotel in time square, you should stay at the millennium, in the middle of Time Square, close to restaurants, theaters. The hotel is clean and the rooms are quiet, the only thing is there are no movies available in your room.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lisa S
Rori B, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Lisa S,

Thank you for your response! We love hearing that you were able to enjoy our convenient location to everything New York has to offer. Please make sure you come back to see us again soon!

Rori B.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

In a nutshell this hotel is similar to most 4 stars in that it is very tall, and doesn't have free wifi or breakfast. Otherwise the rooms are more similar to a 3 star overdue for remodeling.

There are so many rooms at this hotel, that I bet some are newer than others. In any case my negative review is just because my room was just well below what you would expect from any 4 star. (and most 3 stars). My toilet's seat was yellow, with that aged plastic look. The bathroom was otherwise very plain. The furniture looked worn. I get it, dated 4 stars are somewhat common, though there was no excuse for the bed. The sheets seemed very rough, and the mattress was just OK. One positive is that I thought the room was on the larger side- relative for Manhattan.

More positives, I loved the location, it was nice having entrances on both 44th and 45th. While the front desk staff were not particularly friendly, they were professional and up to par.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, 17 October 2016
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,