“Not sure I will stay here again.”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #304 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 July 2014

When we arrived, they said we were going to be upgraded to the towers. The lobby was gorgeous. We has a key to private elevator, which was nice. Staff was friendly. But the room was small. Relatively clean. The bathroom shower and tub were separated, and the shower was tiny.
And the light fixture above the shower looked like it was starting to separate. No view. We opened the curtains and we saw the back of buildings, so little daylight. But we just kept the curtains closed. But it was 300 cheaper for our 2 days than the other places. I have to keep in mind we just needed a place to lay our head..If the room was an upgrade, I don't know that I would of liked the standard room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mizzy607
Rori B, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Mizzy607,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review from your recent stay here with us. Currently the Premier hotel to which you were upgraded to is an all suite style hotel. Our Broadway hotel has different layouts, configurations and styles for all different room types. We hope you are able to give us another try soon as we are in the process of updating all of our guest rooms.

Please let me know the next time you return to New York so we may personally assist you with your reservation!

Rori Brennan
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,624)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've wanted to go to New York City my whole life! So when I decided three weeks ago that I was going to make a spontaneous trip for the 4th of July I found a getaway on groupon for the Millennium. I researched the reviews and it seemed like a great choice. Great choice is an understatement!!! I called the hotel a couple days before to make sure my reservation was all set and they couldn't find it. Groupon ended up calling the hotel and I was all set. When I got there I went to check in and they notified me that I had been complementary upgraded to the Premier side of the hotel. I went over to the other side and met the absolute nicest lady to check in. Everything went very smooth and she talked to me like a person not just a customer while going through the check-in process. I went to my room and when I opened the door it took my breathe away!! The room was absolutely gorgeous!! I had a view right off Times Square on the 14th floor. I stayed for two nights and they were like a dream. The breakfast on the mezzanine was wonderful, the staff was amazing and again the room was incredible! I decided to just rest on my last day there before check out and enjoy the amazing hotel. So glad I made that decision!! I enjoyed it so much. When I checked out I was greeted by Monique. She was an awesome person!! She and the man that she worked with helped complete my amazing trip!! I just want to thank the Millennium Broadway and their amazing staff! They helped make my dream come true and I am forever grateful! God bless you all and I cannot wait to come back and stay again! Anyone looking, look no further. This is an amazing hotel with incredible staff. This whole trip was an incredible blessing from God and the Millennium made it all that more unforgettable and a dream come true!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Lauren K
Cordell N, Front Office Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Greetings Lauren K,

We are so glad you took the time to give your feedback on your stay here with us at The Millennium Broadway Hotel!

Our Premier side of the Hotel is one of the best hotels The Millennium brand has to offer and we are currently working on updates to make it even better than it ever has been before!

We are so happy we were able to make one of your Dreams Come true and we would be delighted to match your experience over and over again.

Please reach out to us when you plan to make another reservation in the future!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you've never been to NYC, or you only know the touristy side of Manhattan - this is the perfect spot. The Millennium sets between Broadway and 6th street - so you can mix with the craziness of Times Square or you can slip up to Rockefeller Plaza, St. Pats, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center - all a pleasant walk from the hotel. The rooms are nicely done - bigger than the Marriott on Lexington - bathrooms a bit tired, but clean, and quiet. Housekeeping will even bring up a fridge if you like.
I was there for a conference - and the conference rooms, as well as the Hudson Theater, had plenty of room, not too cold. The only issue conference wise - seemed to be a bit of an issue with getting the laptops and projectors working properly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TAS77819012
Rori B, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear TAS77819012,

We are pleased to see your conference was a successful business trip! Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write such a lovely review. We hope it's not too long before you return back to us at Millennium Broadway!

Please let us know when you return!
Rori Brennan
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I booked my trip almost 4 months ago & read the pros & cons of choosing the Millennium Broadway Hotel. I stayed for 6 nights, which was plenty time for me to come to a conclusion of the hotel.

Upon arrival, the check-in process was pretty simple. The bellman held our luggage until the 4pm check-in time. Once we received the keys, I was beyond excited for the room view-- room was on the 50th floor, great view of the New Years Eve ball, Empire State Building, H&M, & side view of Times Square. I beyond surprised, when the hotel provided a nice birthday surprise.

Since I came to NYC to enjoy the city & sleep comfortably, I won't say much about the room. The room was very clean, housekeeping was very nice & provided clean towels each day, & the bed was very comfortable. The room doesn't come with a refrigerator, but I did speak with housekeeping for providing one, which came very quickly. The only MINOR con I have, is none of the rooms comes with a microwave nor does the hotel have one accessible for guest, without paying a fee with room service. This became a small problem since many restaurants we ate at provided so much food & wasn't cheap, so we had to toss most of the food away. There is a few to use wifi, as well as, a fee to print at the business center. Luckily I activated my iPad for cellular services. 3G service is good in Times Square, however 4G LTE is extremely slow--- probably because of congestion/capacity.

Check-out was once again simple & the bellman held our luggage until flight was ready. I want to say a huge thank you to Melanie & the entire staff for making this a memorable experience. Definitely would return again.

Room Tip: 50th floor has great views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank GizmoAP
Melanie T, Director, Front Office Operations at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear GizmoAtl,

Thank you very much for your comments. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Birthday surprises are our specialty. We enjoy making guests happy. There is more to hospitality than just being hospitable. It is taking the time to go that extra mile in making a special occasion a grand event. We are determined to ensure that your choice of the Millennium Broadway is one that you will choose over and over again for every occasion or “just because.”

So from all of us here at the Millennium Broadway Hotel New York and The Premier Hotel, Happy Birthday and remember National Friendship Day (August 3rd) is just around the corner. Hope to see you soon.

Melanie Turner
Director, Front Office Operations

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel was the perfect place for a short stay in New York. We are fortunate to be diamond members and had an early check in and upgrade to a premier room on the 39th floor, so we were away from the noise.
The staff were all very friendly, especially Lloyd on the front desk, who sorted out our reservation each day (unfortunately we had to check in every day due to us using loyalty points) that's my only gripe!
We never waited any longer than a minute or two for the lifts. The beds were lovely and comfortable and the room clean and well presented.
And to top it all we were in the heart of New York, a perfect location!
Thanks to the staff for a lovely stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cliff70

Good Day cliff70,

We pride ourselves on our customer service to try to provide an experience that our guests will always remember. We are so happy we accomplished our goal during your most recent stay with us!

Lloyd is an All-Star and a leader at our Front Desk and his enthusiasm and genuinely caring attitude is an example of our culture here at The Millennium Broadway.

Please reach out to us directly when you plan to make another reservation at our property so we can make sure we give you the exact accommodations that you are looking for.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Okay so I have now stayed here 3 times and separately in the Premier next door and also in the Millennium UN Plaza.

Two things keep me coming back to the Millennium Broadway. Firstly, the location almost right in Times Square but tucked away sufficiently that you are protected from the noise. Secondly I find all the staff courteous and helpful. In particular, I had occasion to deal with Monique on a number of occasions throughout my stay and she is such a wonderful ambassador for the Millennium brand.

If Millennium could bottle Monique's qualities, it would surely be the world's leading hotel chain. She has that special gift of making you believe you are the only guest. So location plus Monique equals guaranteed return custom.

If I were to offer any constructive criticism I would suggest three things:

1. The (vast) lobby could really use some seating. Its the only part of the hotel to offer free wifi and it is for most of the day like a cattle market with people standing and sitting on the floor. Surely there might be scope for some banquette seating along the wall opposite check in. The current lobby is just a vast open space that is a wasted resource.

2. Attention to detail. For the most part I was extremely happy with the service I received. Very minor niggles including asking for a fridge at the start of my 15 night stay (as I was invited to by the room information). I was advised that none were available on my first night but one would be delivered as soon as possible. I checked out 15 nights later, no fridge and no contact from anyone at any time in between. It actually wasnt a big deal and I could of course have checked again myself but a simple message to update me would have been appropriate. Likewise sometimes yhe housekeeping staff left a bottle of water in my room and sometimes not. It seemed a bit random and again this is minor but attention to detail is often what separates good from excellent service.

3. Final suggestion is that the rooms, whilst very spacious and comfortable (with great views from mine - 5104) would benefit from a more modern update and some TLC. Some of the furniture is worn and chipped. I understand some degree of soft refurb may be commencing and that is to be welcomed.

So, to summarise, my suggestions ars minor but nonetheless important. I'm loyal to the Millennium brand and so the positives still outweigh the minor negatives for me. But for anyone who doesnt share my brand loyalty, there's a lot of competition out there and Millennium need to ensure they refresh their offering in order to remain competitive.

So your location is perfect. Update your product, reward your exceptional staff (Monique is an absolute star) and give them ownership of suggesting improvements. Front of house staff spend their day engaging with guests so thats a vital source of information that should influence the future direction of this great hotel.

I look forward to returning and, hopefully, seeing some updates.

Room Tip: As high a floor as possible. 5104 had super views of Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Greetings mark692014,

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your detailed review of your most recent stay with us here at The Millennium Broadway hotel!

Monique is one of our most valued associates and she constantly amazes our guests with her great customer service qualities and keeps many of our guests coming back again and again.

We are currently working on renovations within The Premier side of the hotel as well as giving some TLC to the rest of our property as you constructively criticized. It is important that we get both positive and negative feedback from our guests so we can know what we are doing right and when something is wrong, we know how to fix it.

We hope that you choose to stay with us again for your next visit to NYC!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

What can't be said about Millennium/Premier Hotel in NY near Times Square? Bad service? Heck no. People there are just fabulous. Funny thing is that last August, we stayed for 3 nights and really was amazed by their service. Less than 10 month later, we come back to the same hotel (why change something that isn't broken?)

As soon as we got here, we checked in our bags due to a way early arrival. That was not a problem. We had the best service to start right there right then. Soon after checking our bags in, we went to the Premier side of the hotel to see if the same people that had so nicely served us last year, were still working here. One person in particular, Monique, was still here. Last year I would mockingly tell her that she had to stop being so grumpy when in fact it really was the extreme opposite. She was all bubbly ready to help us in any way she could.

Well as soon as we walked in, I looked at her and was pointing her as if she had done a boo boo or something. She recognized us immediately! That alone is amazing. They see thousands of people each year but she really remembered us.

This to me is what customer care is. We are not just a passing number in a nice big city. Monique had catered to our needs beautifully last year and this year was no exception. It was like seeing your best friend a year later. That is to me, the best way to keep me coming here.

Same thing goes to Angel. He remembered us also from last year. He also had made our stay much more pleasant by being so helpful. This year was no different. We arrived in a rather stormy time and there was no umbrella in our room. Angel said he would try to get us one and he did.

I wouldn't have enough space to tell you about all the great personnel that they employ. Be it Lefon, the valet waiting outside in the heat, 217 (if he reads this he will know whom I'm talking about), Ramona and her helpfulness in telling my wife where to shop, Viviana and her gorgeous smile, Veronica and her take on how to visit New York city, the list goes on and on.

The only somewhat negative point that I would have are 2 things. In our room, there would be work to be done since the walls are showing their age, tub faucet was pulling off the wall and internet should be included in the price.

Other than that, if you want to be well treated and appreciated, Millennium/Premier Hotel is the place to be. Especially right in the middle of Times Square.

Would I come back here? Of course! It is July 5th right now and we are already planning to come back in the Autumn. Can't get enough of this place.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Times Square are very noisy. Bring in ear plugs to aid in your sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Day The_Dany,

Not only did you enjoy your vacation and our hotel, but you had a genuine experience with several of our staff members at The Premier and The Broadway who helped make your stay with us a memorable one and we could not be more delighted to hear about it!

We try very hard to make all of our guests feel special and feel as though our property is their home away from home because we know how we like to be treated when we travel to other cities as well. We absolutely love to see our Loyal guests come back to the hotel so we can build more relationships and get a sense of what you like to see when you return.

If you are not already a Loyalty member, please reach out to us so we can get you signed up right away so you can experience even more during your visits at our property!

Hope to hear from you soon.