Selected this hotel as we always go for suites. Our usual hotel (The EastGate Tower) had closed down and was under renovation as luxury Condos.
The MHES was a block up from the Eastgate Tower and we had passed it many times on previous visits.
Check in was quick and easy and the room (1107) was already prepared.
As with the Eastgate Tower, if you are looking for plush decor and furniture, this place is not for you.
But like me, if you was a fan of the Eastgate Tower for it'slocation, cost and simplicity, then MHES is like home from home.
There were a few niggly things but I won't detract from the experience by mentioning them as if you look under enough stones, you will definitely find a worm.
My two adult children occupied the two beds in the bedroom while my wife and I ended up with the pull out sofa bed.
The mattress was really thin and was so uncomfortable that I prefered to sleep in an armchair with my feet up on a chair.
The only thing that annoyed me was the cost of the wireless in the bedroom, $7.99 a day and $60 a month, nothing in between.
As we were staying 7 days, the month tariff was a no brainer.
Wireless was free in the Lobby but charging for wireless anywhere is a sure way to lose potential clients.
On the day of leaving, we secured a late check out for 3pm but as it was raining really heavily and we had done most things already, we extended this to 7pm for a price.
Really great place in a great location in a great City.
If you ask the hotel to arrange a taxi, town car or Limo to (or from) JKF, ensure that you confirm the cost including tolls before you get onboard.
Our driver tried to rip us off on the return to JFK, fortunately we had checked on what we would expect to pay at the hotel.
NYC taxis are a flat $52 + tolls and optional tip to and from JFK. You can ask for a route avoiding the toll and the drivers are happy to do this (at particular times) if you hint that it will be more tip for them.
Town cars are typically $65 including tolls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully furnished rental apartments located in fashionable Murray Hill section. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Murray Hill East Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murray Hill East Hotel New York City
- Murray Hill East Suite Hotel
- Hotel Murray Hill East
- Murray Hill East New York
- Murray Hill East Suites New York