I returned to this hotel after a 5 year absence, and was pleased to find that it has remained a rare affordable oasis in a pleasant yet convenient part of midtown. The smallest suites are really suites, with a kitchenette that you can cook in, large closets (though limited hangers), and a spacious bedroom with eating table, desk, and sofa. There is a supermarket around the corner on Third open till 10.
Wifi is available to purchase for the room (I didn't test it) and free in the lobby. There is HDTV with a fair number of cable channels (not sure about rental movies or connectivity). Electronics are not this hotel's strong suit, however.
Where it shines is, first, quiet: thick interior walls to muffle the neighbors, windows that face the street and even open, yet the rooms don't admit so much street noise that you can't sleep.
And the decor, though plain and old fashioned, is clean and functional, with firm beds, and lamps and drawers and handles that work. Similarly, the bathroom, though small and spartan, had functional plumbing and lots of counter space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully furnished rental apartments located in fashionable Murray Hill section. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Murray Hill East Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murray Hill East Hotel New York City
- Murray Hill East Suite Hotel
- Hotel Murray Hill East
- Murray Hill East New York
- Murray Hill East Suites New York