Of course, location is everything for this hotel: right in the middle of Times Square. Hard to beat.
The hotel is so huge it becomes overwhelming. It has 49 floors, 1892 rooms, 57 suites and 6 restaurants. Even if staff is friendly and professional, you just don't feel you belong there. You don't feel confortable. All human proportion is crushed under the traffic going around and the gigantism of the place (high speed elevators, 2 lobby floors, 40 floor high atrium, etc.)
The room was nice, confortable, spacious and up to Marriott standard. But your one the nearly 2000 rooms. No personnal sense here. No need to train staff to recognize who or to great you by your name !
Prices are also overwhelming. All prices (standard room around 500$/night, parking 50$/night, etc.) There are better deals around in Times Square.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect for business & leisure travel, this world-class NYC hotel is located in the Times Square theater district of Manhattan and features newly renovated hotel rooms, event venues and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your New York Marriott Marquis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New York Marriott Marquis Hotel New York City
- Marriott New York City
- Marriott Marquis New York
- Marriott Hotel New York
- New York City Marriott
- Marriott Times Square
- Marriott Marquis Times Square
- Marriot Marquis