“Perfect Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel has the perfect location, to be honest. It is located in the centre of Manhattan, this is Times Square. You have everything close to you.
What respects to bedrooms, they're well equipped but maybe a mini-bar fridge would be awesome. I would also consider rooms to be diaphanous. As they have a couch apart from beds for you to rest and relax.
Breakfast is REALLY good. You can have from pastries to bacon and scrambled eggs. You can also order to the chef at the bar an specific omelette.
Employees are very helpful.

Room Tip: I was accommodated in room 3609, this room has its window to times square, therefore views were awes...
1 Thank jorviz
David S, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your great comments! Hope to see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,441)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed there three nights for the a conference. The conference room rate made this a real bargain, so I can't really speak to the normal value. I was there several days and didn't have a chance to leave the property except for the first night when I went to eat a sandwich at the Stage Deli, so I can attest that everything you need is in the hotel. The only services I used were checking in and out which went quickly and smoothly.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we see you back in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I had an fantastic time at this hotel, the front desk staff was very helpful ,our room was extremely clean and great location, I would definitely recommend this hotel and my husband and I will be traveling to Miami next week and we already have a reservation for when we come back

we want to thanks all the staff for an amazing stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments in regards to the front desk staff. I will be sure to share your comments with them. See you soon!
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed at Christmas 2013, great location and excellent service through out. the bar areas also have great views when chilling with a beer or coffee over times sq, great restaurants around the hotel and easy walking distance to all locations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Addison
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

First I would like to say that I read some other reviews and I cannot understand the problem with the elevators. Very easy. Type in floor where you want to go and go to the elevator it tells you. The staff was incredible. We checked in and was talking about my daughters birthday and Farida who checked us in sent a large tray with fruit, cheeses, water and soft drinks. Crackers with jam. How wonderful! Patrick in the concierge sent balloons and Kit Kat bars at my request he did a great job. The hotel is clean and everyone was so helpful. We stayed in room 2738 great view of time square. All in all a great trip. Will have to save my pennies for my next trip it is expensive but expected for NYC. Hopefully stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am happy to hear that our team was able to make your stay even more special for you and your daughter. We hope to see you back in the near future. Have a wonderful day!
Kent
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed here with all my family 7 adults and a baby to celebrate mine and my husbands 50th birthdays, it was also my sons 25th birthday while we was there. We was there for 5 nights with 3 rooms booked, tried to get time square views but they was not interested on giving us them unless we paid an additional $100 per room per night so $1500 in total ridiculous amount I think, don't pay it you can get they view from the bar area, this hotel is all about the money now and not the customer service. When we arrived they told us we was only booked for 4 nights by our operator but after looking at our paperwork agreed we had 5 nights I think it was their mistake and not our operator, you don't need this when you have been traveling also we arrived at 1500 and to be told one room wasn't ready until 1700 tired and hungry u just want to shower dump your luggage and go out to eat, so room not being ready just made it much later, no apologies no would u like a drink while waiting nothing, requested a cot for baby and a fridge for babies milk, cot came later that night so baby couldn't have a nap while waiting for other room, fridge came after 2 nights there.thought they might have acknowledged our 3 birthdays with something as we had 3 rooms booked but No. Building works going on around the hotel so main entrance is no longer coming out on time square but two of the side streets, location of the hotel for time square is good but there are others in equally as good location that my be happy to give better deals, staff were polite as they need to be no more no less and only advise you to questions asked and didn't seem bothered about trying to give you any extra advise so staff with no enthusiasm to their guests. Didn't eat here as there are better places to eat with staff that want to serve you. Had some drinks in the view but as u expect very pricey and u can get better views at the Rockefeller centre. I have stayed here 3 times as I was happy with this hotel before but for less money you could stay somewhere else and feel you got what u paid for, this hotel is pricey, rooms are ok nothing wow and service wasn't wow either. I will try somewhere else for future visits.

Room Tip: Don't pay their stupid amounts of money for time square view
1 Thank KentCandy01
David S, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you for your review and for staying with us . I apologize that we weren’t able to get your three rooms in a upgraded Times Square view. I can understand that this is a desired view for many of our guest but since we have a limited amount of rooms with this view, we cannot accommodate every request. I do appreciate all your feedback from your review and will discuss it with our team. Our goal is to give our guest the best experience possible. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you back in the near future.
Texas
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

The Marquis was conveniently located in the heart of Times Square as well as within easy walking distance to several other attractions such as the Rockefeller center and Moma. The hotel itself is nice but in need of an update. Overall the staff was helpful and pleasant. I would recommend it to anyone stating in the Times Square portion of NYC.

Stayed March 2014