New York Marriott Marquis
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$503
US$365
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$274
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$228
  • Restaurant
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$220
US$190
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$492
US$276
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$187
US$157
  • Room Service
11,712 results
All reviewsrevolving restauranttimes squareview restaurantthe concierge loungenew yorkfloor numberhuge hotelperfect locationbusy hotelfitness centerbroadway showcan't beat the locationthe theater districtsofa bedrooms are largehigh floorhudson river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I am a Marriott Gold Reward member and I stay at this hotel ALL the time, but this last stay was a truly disappointing experience. The first day I arrived I noticed trash on the floors, beer bottles scattered about and the hotel front desk had extremely poor customer service. Will get to the customer service foolishness in a moment...

My wife and I stayed recently June 23rd and checked out June 25th and on our first night stay we were awaken by construction workers working on the building at 2 o'clock in the morning!

The drilling and banging was so loud we could barely sleep. My wife ended up calling the front desk, who offered to move us to a new room and or bring us some earplugs to help with the noise, but my wife turned them down.

Moving to another room at 2 o'clock in the morning wasn't an option for us, especially because earlier that day we had drove from Boston and was tired. And who pays nearly $300 per night for a hotel only to be offered earplugs to help them sleep!! My things is, Marriott Marquis New York knew about the construction so why put your guess through this? Us being GOLD reward members we should have never been placed in an area of the hotel where construction was being worked on! This happened BOTH nights that we stayed.

My husband called the front desk the next morning to let them know what we were leaving and that it was okay for them to clean the room, but the phone ranged and ranged before someone decided to pick up the phone. Why did it take them so long to answer the front desk phone...perhaps they had earplugs in their ears!?!?

Another instance my husband called the front desk customer service to ask a question about the concierge level and again the phone rang a million times before someone picked up (huh??).

Finally on check out day, we checked out via PHONE and again, the customer service front desk took their sweet time answering the phone!!! They didn't ask us how our stay was or thank us for choosing MM for our stay.

SO, that's it for us!!! We will not be staying with them anymore!! They took our money and placed us in a room full of noise, the front desk service was bad, and the décor (trash) scattered about was a turn off.

The 1 star is for housekeeping. They greeted us every morning with a warm hello and a smile and they cleaned our room very well.

PS. Please check our track record, we stay at Marriotts around the world and we know the best of the best and this is not the best.

Room Tip: Stay clear of the construction sight!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FromDCA
David S, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. I am sorry that your stay was not 100%satisfactory. We will share your feedback with our team to improve our service. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was my first stay at the NY Marriott Marquis, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was there for business, but I really appreciated that the hotel offered so many options for down time as well. The hotel staff was fantastic. The gym was very well appointed. And you can't beat the location right on Times Square.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We choose the Marriott as our hotel for our recent wedding in New York and we are so glad that we did.

The staff were very friendly and could not help you enough. We upgraded to a Times Square view room with a king bed and it was like a mini suite. It is definitely worth paying the extra because the view of Times Square is second to none.

The hotel even gave us a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries as a wedding gift which was a lovely surprise.

The hotel was having some work done on the outside so there was workmen and scaffolding on the outside but still this cannot be helped as there seems to be a lot of renovation work going on in the whole of Manhattan at the moment.

Location wise this hotel is perfect for exploring mid-town. It is a 2 minute walk to the tube station, a ten minute walk to the Empire State and Madison square gardens and a 20 minute walk to Central Park.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel because this was our second trip to NY and we wanted to be nearer to Times Square and you cannot fault it's location. The lobby area is contemporary and very clean and welcoming and the fast glass elevators are in theirselves quite a sight. The rooms are also quite modern and spacious, but the daily wifi charge of 16.95 seemed excessive but there was free wifi in the lobby if you need to check something for the day ahead. The rooms also offer good sound proofing from the hustle and bussle from outside as well as inside the hotel.

Unfortunately that is where it ends, what we were not told at booking or at check in was that there is a lot of building work going on 24hrs a day by the City which affected the external wall of the hotel, over looking Times Square. Being woken up by a pneumatic drill / jackhammer at 3.35am which sounds as if it's coming from next door is not my idea of sleep especially as this trip was to celebrate my birthday and supposed to be relaxing. When I went down to reception, the only alternative mentioned was that they could move us to a higher level but they were currently at 100% capacity. Not quite sure on how that worked? As a result we suffered 3 nights of broken sleep and not even an apology when we checked out! The best service we received was ironically was from the Bellhop where we left our luggage for a few hours before flight back home.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peter S

Thank you your feedback and for staying with us. I am sorry if your sleep was disrupted. I can understand how this may impact your stay with us. We hope that you consider visiting us in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

No free WI-FI!!!!! The only place in the hotel to get free Wi-Fi was in the lobby area by the restaurants and if you didn't buy a drink there was limited seating. Other than that hotel was clean, friendly staff, and a great location to be at for tons of things in the city. Would have rated higher except for that Wi-Fi issue.

2  Thank yoandre79