“As central you can get”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sandnes
“As central you can get”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Enjoyed 6 days in a spacious room (family of 4) in the midle of Times Square. Huge but still nice hotel. You can easily walk to Central park, 5th av. (shopping), MoMa and Broadway theatres. Would stay there again. Expensive WiFi, but you can find free access at 8th fl. (reception area).

1 Thank BV4318

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,295)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Good hotel, services and localization. Wi-fi is not the best but it works. I was here at the end of july of 2014 and it was very noisy because of many guests and the work in the streets. The in room food is very good: ask for the burger with crunch potato chips!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Minoue85
Brian L, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and submitting feedback about your experience. Our service is what we focus on most with our team and I will share your comments so we can work to improve. I'm glad you got to enjoy the burger with chips - it's a classic! We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again when you are back in the area.
San Fernando, Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Location, location, location! The marquis hotel is ideal for first-tme visitors to the Big Apple with its comfortable rooms, handy on-site dining areas, breath-taking neon-lit elevators ,but most importantly, its location - Times Square, the subway, buses, yellow cabs all within easy reach. Staff were extremely helpful with advice and service and not intrusive. Will definitely stay here again.

Fairbanks, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

In our 7 weeks of travelling the US this has got to be the worst service and room facilities we have experienced. On arrival no one is available to help with luggage, which to check in you need to go to the 8th floor. Directions tell you the business centre is on the 8th floor however it is on the 3rd! No fridge or mini bar facilities in the room. The staff in the Broadway Lounge don't care if they serve you or not! We walked out. On a small plus side the room was clean and spacious.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Fffffffffffffggg
We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your review. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your guest room but I will ensure your comments are discussed with our managers for Guest Services and the Broadway Lounge as this is not the expectation we set for our staff. I hope even if you choose not to return here you will visit one of the many other wonderful Marriott hotels around the world.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Yes it was expensive, but then so is New York - I booked a great big expensive place because this was my first time (with my teenage son) in NY, and I will return to continue the experience. We were on the 15th floor in a room with a great view of Broadway. There was no problem with the lifts - we had no significant delays - and the system made a lot of sense. Checking in and out was fast and all staff were helpful. The room itself was large - a king size bed for me and a double sofa bed for my son. Fab shower. The only noise we experienced was loud people next door, which, on reporting to reception was quicly sorted out by security. Breakfast was great, although as it wasn't included, we experimented with brunch in several locations. That worked for us because it took pressure off us to feel we had to be up early every morning - and there was plenty of nearby options. Housekeeping were lovely and left the room immaculate. we also tried the revolving restaurant - just going for the buffet which was really good. I treated myself to 3 cocktails and two revolutions! Yes Times Square is noisy and busy - it was late July folks - what do you expect? I loved the tackiness of it all and in 10 minutes by subway was in Greenwich Village and all the contrasts that holds...By the time we left, the free storage of baggage was quick, and the retrieval of same was equally quick with the staff getting us a cab straight away - Would I go here again? Yes!!

Room Tip: The 15th was high enough - glad we didn't go for the option to pay a lot more for a higher view...
Green Features: Usual towel laundry management observed. Other than that didn't notice anything but wasn't really on a trip to save the planet.....
2 Thank 95barbara
Brian L, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
It's great to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and we really appreciate you sharing your review with us! It sounds like you got to experience a little of everything our hotel has to offer while also getting around to different neighborhoods in Manhattan, which certainly makes for a wonderful trip. We hope you'll get a chance to come to New York City again soon so we can have the pleasure of hosting you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Marquis is an excellent Marriott located in the middle of the craziness of Times Square. Once inside it is an oasis from the wild. The room was very large for a New York hotel, and very clean. The room had a king bed, sofa, desk, chair, and a large bathroom. My view was of Times Square and directly across were some gigantic and bright screens; I was concerned these would infiltrate into the room but the insulation kept the noise out and the dark in. I was impressed with the reception area and the amenities of the hotel as well as the concierge who directed me on how to get to our office across Times Square without having to navigate through the herd. No complaints, I'll stay here again and again.

If you are traveling for fun this location puts you quite literally in the middle of TX.

Room Tip: I was on the 28th floor and it was quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you staying and taking the time to let us know about your great experience! Each member of our team strives to provide a memorable guest experience and I will recognize them by sharing your review. Our hotel certainly is perfect for being able to enjoy the sounds and sights of Times Square while having the option to close the curtains and enjoy your room when it's time to rest. We can't wait to have you stay with us again next time you are back in New York City!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I really wrung my hands after reading the reviews on this hotel before I went. But I'm fairly Marriott loyal in large cities and I thought I'd give it a shot. One thing I don't really enjoy are really large hotels - and this one is HUGE. It's the largest hotel I've ever stayed in besides perhaps the Venetian in Las Vegas - but it was run like clockwork. I really can't say enough good things about the folks who work here. From my very first encounter with the doorman and porters to the woman at the front desk (who thankfully, because of Trip Advisor reviews I knew to expect on 8th floor not 1st floor) they were all so fantastic; thoughtful, responsive and accommodating. Read through the reviews on tips etc - but the elevators are easy once you understand that each time you just walk up to any of the keypads and punch in the floor you're headed to - it gives you a letter - go to that elevator and when it opens hop on - no need to press any buttons (and there aren't any) it's going where you want it to go. We stayed on a concierge floor - the breakfast was great - again super staff - and it was not crowded. We were there at about 8:30 on a weekday. The folks there knew the regulars - but were lovely to us. We got great breakfasts, good coffee and grabbed an apple and banana for our bags and set off. I have read other reviews that said it was too crowded - this was not our experience. They were kind about giving us a late checkout. The room was very large - we had a great view of Times Square for the 44th floor - but I would have been happy on any floor here. I'm not a huge fan of Times Square - a little to busy and flashy for me - but it's central and we were able to get to everywhere we wanted to go with no problem. I will probably return to my old favorites in New York next time - smaller and more out of the way - but these folks really should be commended for providing an experience that felt much smaller and more personal than I would have thought possible.

Room Tip: Corner rooms aren't really corner - they are at the end of the hall and only have one window - b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends