New York Marriott Marquis
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$175
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$295
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$297
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$360
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$255
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$348
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$230
  • Room Service
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Mela(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$189
11,708 results
All reviewsrevolving restauranttimes squareview restaurantthe concierge loungenew yorkfloor numberhuge hotelperfect locationbusy hotelfitness centerbroadway showcan't beat the locationthe theater districtsofa bedrooms are largehigh floorhudson river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Marquis for business as our office is right in Times Square. Per suggestion of some of my co-workers, I thought, this will be great. I don't really know what was going on with my room, but the carpet felt wet and the air in the room was very moist. It was actually pretty uncomfortable but it was just one night, so I figured I could deal with it.
The elevators are a little confusing but once you figure them out, you are golden!
I wasn't the biggest fan of coming in off the street then having to go up to the 8th floor to check in. The staff isn't the friendliest and seem to not want to be bothered.
I am going to be trying this hotel out again in a few weeks and hope that the wet carpet/damp air issue isn't there. If so, I think I'll be finding somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Brian L, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced in your room. This is certainly not typical of our hotel and I will have our team look into the cause of this. We're glad that you'll return and I assure you that we'll do everything possible so you enjoy your stay much more next time.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Other reviews have it correct. Location, location, location. One of the best views in NYC, huge modern rooms and it can be over priced. But if you check the hotels website for specials, the prices drop. But here's a money saving tip. If you check any third party seach website like Kayak or Tripadvistor and find a lower rate than marriott.com, book the room at marriott.com and immediately click on the "Look No Further" link on the confirmation page. Fill out the easy form that shows the cheaper rate. Your proof is a simple as copying and pasting the URL header of the lower priced website. Submit the form and Marriott will review your form and match the lower rate plus deduct 25% off the lower price within 24 hours. It works not just for one night but ALL nights of your stay. Even on mutiple rooms. You still recieve Marriott reward points, upgrades and other benefits. It must be a rate that is open to everyone. No AAA, AARP or group rates.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and upgrade to a concierge level room (if your status doesn't get that anyway). The lounge is huge with great breakfasts and views. The evening desserts are to die for. Ask what floor you can go to for the free Grab and Go for food, drinks and juice. Save $$$ for families.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Where-Is-Chris
Brian L, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thanks so much for the great review! We're happy you chose our hotel and it's great to hear that you enjoyed our location. We can't wait to have you back again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Spent 4 nights here as a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children 10,9) 28/7/14 to 1/8/14. Booked a Times Square view room with inclusive breakfast. Rooms ok for size, decor pretty basic but the view is worth paying the premium for. Sound proofed rooms ensured a great nights sleep. Centrally located in Times Sq, this proved to be ideal for us. We only ate breakfast in the hotel which was very good. Chose to eat out locally as there were so many restaurants close by. Worth paying the premium for the view!!!

Room Tip: Pay the premium for the Times Square view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MrMrsWiltshire
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The main reason we stayed here is because of the elevators. I had stayed here before as a child and i remember it being so much more spectacular than it is nowadays. The hotel is in stages of refurbishment outside. It looks horrendous!! If we had been told this before we would not have booked. We are platinum members and expected much much more.
The hotel rooms are fine, however you get a certain Las Vegas type feel here. This hotel is so big that everyone treats you like a number. Nothing special at all.
As a platinum member you expect to get breakfast served either at the executive lounge during the week and then at the restaurant when the lounge is shut. The latter never was granted, however points were given. At a price of $33 per adult and $15 per child we obviously did not take that offer! Rip off!!
All in all a very disappointing stay, i would not recommend this hotel to anyone, except if you want to waste your well earned money on a very quick elevator!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 888Pets
Brian L, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback about the hotel. I'm sorry we were not able to meet your expectations, especially as one of our loyal Platinum Elite guests. Our goal is to create a personalized experience for each guest and from you comments it appears we still need to focus on this. For our Concierge Lounge, our hotel is one of the few that offer only additional bonus points instead of a choice between breakfast and bonus points based on the Elite Member Benefits through Marriott Rewards. Again, we appreciate your review of our hotel and I hope you'll give us a chance to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel is amazing! I was pleasantly surprised that the rooms were a lot bigger than most hotel rooms in New York. We were able to walk out and be right on Broadway and Times Square! It is the perfect location! We left our rooms and went to see Motown and it was awesome! Everything was right at our finger tips! The only thing I hated was the elevator system that packed people in like sardines. It would send you to a certain letter of the alphabet and you would have 50 ppl trying to get on. If they would fix that I would have no other complaints.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sajasmic

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your great review! We're glad you were surprised by the size of your room - they certainly are large. I'm sorry you experienced some issues with our elevators but it's great that you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope this positive experience will make our hotel your choice property for your future travel to New York.