“If you must. . . .”

Ranked #391 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Newton Abbot, England, United Kingdom
“If you must. . . .”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

. .stay in time square then this probably the best value. However, be prpared for tiny rooms, noisy A/C, so so breakfast and a stupidly dim interior. Staff were very helpfull though and the maids very thorough. Next time though I will stay further out and get the train in.

Room Tip: Try a hotel futher out of new york.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Gary T, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We apologize that your room size was not adequate for you however being a historic hotel, are rooms are very unique and we are happy to offer you a different room to better suite your needs on your next visit. We pride ourselves on customer service so it is good to know that our attentive staff was the saving grace of your stay. We look forward to having you back if you’ll allow us to be at your service.

Gary T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Portland
Reviewed 18 October 2013

No complaints about the hotel. As you know, small hotel rooms are the norm for NYC. Rooms were clean, free wifi in the lobby, and great location in Times Sqaure. I caution you on using the hotel's car service. I was quoted a flat fee and told specifically it included fare, tip and tolls. When I got to the airport, the driver tried to charge me for tolls and taxes. Stick with the taxi.

2 Thank Cheryl O
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on customer service and we are glad that we have performed to your satisfaction. I do want to apologize for the car service. I will definitely take a look into that to make sure it doesn’t happen again to any of our guests. Thank you again for your review we hope you stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

Best Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 October 2013

As a native New Yorker -- when I come home I want to feel, well, HOME! And that's what I always feel at The Paramount. The treatment is ALWAYS special: from Nerma's friendly smile and remembering your name at the front desk to the always helpful bell staff holding my bags after a late check out -- the Paramount is always where I want to be when I am in New York. The location can't be beat, the lobby and the bar are cool and the rooms are comfortable. I am so happy that I shall be there again in just two days! I am sure you'll love it too!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MillerSpeaks
Nerma really takes the cake as the star of yet another 5 star review of the Paramount! I’m sure you know how much we love our loyal guests and we plan on making you feel at home with stellar treatment every single time. We are on pins and needles awaiting your return!

See you soon,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 October 2013

i am SUCH a DIE HARD "PARAMOUNT GUY". i just LOVE it... and, as i said in my last review, it REALLY does keep getting BETTER and BETTER. the NEW LOBBY and RESTAURANT BAR are up-to-the-minute STYLISH. a truly FUN, FUNKY, COSMOPOLITAN setting !!! you just FEEL cool when you are in these environments !!! last but not least... i have to mention the staff in general... but i GOTTA TELL YA... that NERMA BICIC at the FRONT DESK is a joy to behold and a STAND OUT !!!! . LOVELY. FUN. PROFESSIONAL. KIND... NERMA personifies HOSPITALITY !!! this is a LOST ART !!! but, not at THE PARAMOUNT... NERMA makes me feel welcome... she helps me get my bearings... and she organizes my STAY !!! i really cannot say enough about her. but, for now, one more thing... NERMA is the HEART of this STYLISH HOTEL that i call my HOME AWAY FROM HOME !!! thanks PARAMOUNT !!! thanks NERMA !!!!

Room Tip: see NERMA... she will assist !!!
2 Thank joey g
We love to have you stay with us every time Joey, you truly are a pleasure! Your 5 star review is outstanding and we always like to hear honest feedback from our loyal guests. Nerma is fantastic isn’t she? We told her about your review and she couldn’t help but blush. We can’t wait to have you back at the Paramount!

Best regards,

Selma, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The Paramount is in a great location. The rooms are a bit small. Ours had a Queen bed which took up most of the room, but it was comfortable and clean. When we travel to NY we do not spend much time in our room so the trade off of smaller space for the location and the price was perfect for us! The lobby was spacious and well decorated...great lounge/bar area...and the staff was very nice! There is also a coffee shop just inside the foyer that is very clean, has good coffee and is reasonably priced for a quick breakfast. I would definitely stay at the Paramount again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Your review brings tears of joy to our eyes! It seems like you took full advantage of what the city has to offer. We like to think of ourselves as trendy so we are glad you thought the same and Corso Coffee Bar is fantastic – you must try lunch! We pride ourselves on great customer service and we would love to have you stay with us again any day of the week.

Best Regards,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times. The location absolutely cannot be beat, you are right at the center of everything! The regular rooms are terribly small so i've always stayed in either a king deluxe or a suite and the rooms are nicely decorated. I've had a few issues with the rooms in the past, but the front desk has always been more than accomodating. I'd stay here anytime!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
It’s great to know you and your friends had a fabulous time with us. Times Square is an amazing place, something new every day, even we can’t get enough! Your loyalty means a lot to us and we couldn’t be happier that we have made every stay a memorable one. Please do come back and visit us again – we would love to add you to our loyalty program!

Los angeles
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I was lucky to find an amazing rate on expedia for the Paramount for their petite room which is just a twin bed but it worked out perfectly for this trip. I loved the fact that it was a block from Times Square and 4 blocks from the port authority. The place was packed due to a convention in NYC but calmed down the day after the weekend. Nice , cool vibe in the lobby and a nice room decor. Small room but had a mini closet, a rack for my suitcase, a nice tv, great bathroom amenities and the set up was just right
Lots of food places in the area
I also got free wifi the first night which was great

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We are excited to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Our petite rooms are not for everyone but we think it’s the best deal for the avid tourist. Great price, cozy bed, and Times Square at your doorstep! Please do come back and visit us again, we greatly appreciate all of our loyal guests.