“Considering the price, i'd say good and original”

Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
Ranked #376 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Munich, Germany
“Considering the price, i'd say good and original”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

One thing clear to begin with: you're in NY, and unless you want to pay $400+/night, your room is going to be small.

Now that we got that out of the way, I have been in NY several times and found this a good quality hotel for a reasonable price. No need to say more about the position: i was on a business trip, so not much time for visiting, but even just being able to walk for 10 minutes around times square made a big difference for me. I saw it during the evening, at night and early morning - before NY wakes up. And it was fun in every shape.

Hotel clean. Rooms, small. Reception and staff: good.

I had an issue in my room with the window not closing well and it was fixed within 10 minutes.

I'd definitely go again.
g

Room Tip: like everywhere else in NY, go higher and you get less noise. Lower floors do tend to be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank sgnappo
Gary T, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am thrilled to see that our location was so conducive to your stay and that our prices are reasonable. Thank you for the valuable feedback as well. It is great to have Time Square right around the corner to enjoy and happy to hear that you got to enjoy it. Thank you so much once again and we look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Gary Tucker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

If anyone looking for the 4 star experience this is not the wright place! We went to check in , in an early October day in the hotel ! And we get a really small room, but as I requested a bigger one , even I was offering them to pay more , they can't fined nothing available! Thanks Good next day they offer us a bigger room, and since that moment went everything just fine ! We checked in the bigger room ,and we get ready to discover NYC !
This hotel is a fantastic , the rooms are clean , the lobby is beautiful, the bar is busy at night time , couldn't wish for a better one ! The location is perfect, close to everything. For this price can't get better choice in NYC

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kobykoby17
Thank you so much for staying with us! It was such a pleasure to host and I am thrilled that you found our location so incredible! As you see we do have different type of rooms and I am happy that our team was able to accommodate you the following day. Thank you so much once again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

The Paramount Hotel is a great hotel right in the midst of the madness of Times Square. For a first time visitor looking to get in the middle of all the action it's the perfect location (but can get a little annoying after a few days - always having to make your way through herds of people trying to get anywhere). The hotel is in a beautiful old restored building with phenomenal architecture. It has a cute small lobby and updated rooms. Prices are excellent especially in terms of the value you get and the location. Very kind staff and knowledgable concierge who can provide tons of recommendations of places to go, where to eat, etc. The restaurant row is literally right down the street with tons of options but the hotel has a restaurant too (we didn't end up trying it). Would definitely recommend!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jaclyn G
Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience with us! I am thrilled that your stay with us was such a pleasant one. Our guest rooms are truly wonderful and of course the value is reasonable. I look forward to sharing your thoughts with our entire team here as they will be just as pleased as I. Thank you so much once again for the lovely words and we look forward to hosting you in the near future!

San Dimas, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

First off, you can't beat the location of the hotel. You are right in the center of everything. This is what you imagine a NY hotel to be. The lobby is hip and livily with people just hanging out everywhere. Checking in was quick and easy. I wish I got the young lady's name, but she was super sweet.The hotel rooms weren't the biggest and the walls are paper thin. You'll hear everything that's happening next to you. But you're not going to spend a lot of time in your room, so it doesn't matter. The hotel is great and you won't be disappointed, as long as you understand that you're in NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Charles M
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Paramount Hotel. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your experience is always a positive one! We hope to see you for many years to come.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

It’s become somewhat of a tradition to take an autumn road-trip to The Big Apple. So we loaded up the car and made our way up the New Jersey Turnpike. The roads were open, the sky was clear and Manhattan was in sight! We headed into the tunnel. And within minutes we were in the city, and on our way to the Paramount Hotel!

Back in the 80s and 90s the Paramount was the stomping grounds for my boyfriend's band, The Hooters, their crew and lots of rock-n-rollers. But, now it seems to have a more sophisticated vibe. The hotel recently underwent some cosmetic surgery and looks as beautiful as ever!

When we arrived, our room wasn’t quite ready. So, we took a walk through Times Square. Some great Broadway shows were just steps away from the hotel.

We were pleasantly surprised to find (that because of the delay on our room) we were upgraded to a Corner King! And the folks at the Paramount even sent up some fruit and mineral water. The view from our room was beautiful!

We loved the hotel and would definitely stay there again on our next visit.

Room Tip: I always ask for an upgrade or a corner room, if possible, upon check in.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheLatestDish
Thank you for your 5 Star review of our hotel! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, our team, and of course our location. Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience with us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I got a favorable rate on a business trip and stayed at Paramount. The location is very convenient to mid-Town and a lot to see and do in Times Square. The room was clean, if spartan. The desk was almost non-existent and decor was tasteful but minimal. The 5th floor on the street side was very noisy, all night, so for light sleepers, request a higher floor or a back facing room. If I had paid top dollar for my stay, I would have been disappointed, but believe that the value for this room was quite good.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on higher floors opposite street side, for a better night of rest.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank SBSTex
Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our hotel. I do thank you for your feedback. It was a great pleasure welcoming you here and we look forward to your next visit.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

The lobby was impressive. I enjoyed the variety of room types and sizes and different prices to meet my budget. Ill book a larger room when I bring my family next time. The lobby was trendy with a DJ at night! Excellent gift shop for morning newspapers.

I liked the Italian coffee shop Corso and the full restaurant Paramount Bar and Grill for dinner and drinks at the bar.

When I arrived I was impressed by the style and colors. A very short wait to check in, but I got in early and was greeted in the lobby by a manager who offered maps and information on nearby attractions including Times Square - steps away! The clerk was friendly when giving me my keys and the housekeeping ladies smiled each morning.

Fun and funky! Unique! Trendy!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank globaltravelfan1
Thank you for your 5 star review!! Thank you for the wonderful comments! I am very pleased that we were able to host such a memorable experience. Our Bar & Grill is fantastic, and I am glad that you were able to enjoy the cuisine as much as we do. I appreciate your loyalty and hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.