“November 2013”

Ranked #380 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“November 2013”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very good location. Small room. Really small bath. Both renovated. Basic room amenities but NO fridge.
Reception nicely renovated with free wifi.
Drawback: After long travel, receptionist still made me wait for an hour to get my room at 3:00 sharp (although it was ready).
Good: Receptionist NERMA noticed I was tired and uncomfortable so she offered free wifi in room during my stay.
Drawback: Room service took forever to provide me with a fork. My food was getting cold, so I called and she said: "we're working on it!"
Drawback: Porter charges $2.00 fee for kept luggage after checkout.
Drawback: A bit pricey for the quality and service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Gary T, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sincerely sorry for the unfortunate issue you experienced with room service. This I have addressed based on your feedback.

Gary Tucker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Pittsford, New York, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here this past Saturday. It was my first Priceline purchase and it worked out very well. The location is between 7th and 8th avenue, right in the heart of the theater district. We needed just a place to crash after a wedding that we attended. I'll start with the bad. The other reviews hit the nail in the head. The room was extremely small. The bed took up about 80% of the room. That concludes the bad. Now the good. Very cool/trendy lobby. The service was outstanding. Carlos was especially nice and let us check out an hour later. The most important aspect of any stay is cleanliness and this hotel was very clean. The guys out front valeting were great and my car was brought maybe 5 minutes after I handed them my ticket. Very pleased with the experience especially for the price.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Patrick C
On behalf of my team and myself, we are so pleased that you love our hotel and that your friends and family have enjoyed our staff’s service and the value of what our hotel offers. Thank your for recognizing Carlos outstanding servicer, I have shared your comments with him and he was thrilled by your recognition. We look forward to welcome your family and yourself to our hotel in the very near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here over the weekend and would not recommend it to anyone. Terrible hotel experience & lack of customer service. The lobby looks very nice & modern but it ends there. Upon arrival I had checked in some bags as my room wasn't ready. Coming back from a long exhausting day the bellman was no where to be found. End up going to our room without the bags. The TV channels didn't work. It was very static and couldn't watch the channel we wanted. The window in the room was filthy! Dinner at the bar/ restaurant was a joke. We sat ourselves as the hostess was nowhere to be found. Had to ask the busser for the menu. Waiter was very short. Food was mediocre & very over priced. Would have been better off dining outside. The 7am wake up call was never delivered. The extended check out that was requested over the phone was never taken down. I specifically asked if the key will still work and was told yes. The key didn't work. If you are new to New York, their parking policy is really strict. If you park your car for 25 hrs or more you will be charged a 2nd day. We are new to the area and was not told this upon check in. If I had known this I would have moved my car. Oh 1 more important thing to remember, if you are parking your car at the hotel, make sure to note down your gas level when you check in. I specifically remember that there was over a half a tank of gas left the day I check in & the next day when I check out the tank was nearly empty. I know they park your car at a different location but it doesn't take half a tank to drive there and back. Very fishy! I don't recommend this place for families or business travelers. Even the wifi has a surcharge.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank FancyHotels
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. On behalf of the team and myself, we would like to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you faced while you stayed with us. I did inform all of our Department Heads and they were very disappointed as well. Thank you for submitting your feedback on TripAdvisor, as this is the only way we may improve our services in these areas. It is never our intention to disappoint our guest, and we sincerely regret that we have so thoroughly disappointed you.

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We needed a place to stay before joining our group at another hotel in Times Square so gave this place a try.
Price is cheaper than many for the location but you get what you pay for.
Whole hotel is VERY dark, from the lobby to hallways, etc.
Reception people friendly and helpful enough and we did like the security checking for keys when we got back late one night.
Rooms are very small and no coffee maker, etc. TV reception faded in out too much.
If you need a room to just sleep while out and about this place is ok.
Good location!
Stay up higher if you don't want the noise of NYC all night.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our hotel. While we are delighted to see that you enjoyed some aspects of our hotel, we do offer many sizes of rooms that we would be happy to show you the next time you visit NYC. I do thank you for your feedback.

Carmel, New York
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My husband and myself stayed at the Paramount for our anniversary, when checking in we spoke with Cathy who was extremely helpful. When she heard it was our 25th wedding anniversary she went the extra mile and up grated our room. The room was beautiful and the location is perfect.
Cathy helped make our stay special.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Congratulations on your 25th anniversary and I am please to hear that your had an amazing experience at our hotel. I will share your comment with Cathy. We hope to have you stay with us if your future travels bring you back to NYC.

Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at the Paramount Hotel from 11/11/13 – 11/13/13. As soon as I walked into the hotel I received excellent customer service. The front lobby staff, I believe her name was Nathalie, was extremely professional and welcoming. She insured my luggage was stored while my room was made available. She called me and let me know that my room was ready, and upon my departure from the hotel made the check-out experience fast and easy so that I could catch my train. The storage room staff were also very professional as well.

I felt the rooms were small, but had a nice cozy feel to it. The fitness room was sufficient for a hotel of its size, containing several cardio and weight lifting machines, and dumbbells. The hallways were fairly dark, and I felt they would do better to brighten them up. The bathroom tub in my room could have used a little upgrading. But the bathroom and the room itself were kept very clean. The cleaning staff did a great job with room cleanliness, towels, etc. Overall, the hotel has a comfortable, laid back, unpretentious feel to it.

In summary, I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely choose this hotel again during my next business trip to NY which will be very soon and often.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Walter B
Thank you for this wonderful 5 Star review. I am so pleased that you got the uniqueness of our hotel - great service, great design, great value.

Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed 14 November 2013

From the minute we checked in, we had an excellent stay. The location is great, the room is great. The hotel is beautiful. My 8 year old daughter and i loved every minute. Can't get closer to Times Square.
Carlos U. at the front desk was great!

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor - had no problem with the street noise. It was just fine.